ADVERTISEMENT

All Transfer to UK Team

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Post about Macy got me thinking of the best players to transfer to UK.

What is all transfer team in past 50 years?

'72-'22, Hall to Cal....I've only been following UK in a significant manner since 1991...remember bits and pieces from mid to late '80's but was very young then.

Key Transfers

Guards:
Macy/Ford/Wheeler/Sparks/Bown/Anderson/
Grady

F/C:
Evans/Travis/Sestina/Toppin/Dent/Pope/Jorts/Oscar

My Five in Today's Game

PG- Macy
SG- Brown
SF- Anderson (Grady at 3 and DA at 2🤔?)
PF- Pope (Evans at 4🤔?)
C- Oscar

Am I missing anyone (Kemp doesn't count!)?

Who's your starting five?

Full list below from Jon Scott site. I was surprised to learn Adrian Smith and Basil Hayden among others were transfers pre '72.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Anderson/Pope/Sparks/Oscar/
Macy/Ford/Travis/Grady off the top of my head. Oh and I won’t forget Josh Harrelson for his production during his last year and a final four.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Starting five would be:

1.) Ford
2.) Macy
3.) Anderson
4.) Pope
5.) Oscar

I'm pretty bullish on Brown but I like that 5 too. Could certainly stretch the floor.

Brown was just a gutsy player and UK's best defender during his time. Also was a solid 3pt shooter.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm pretty bullish on Brown but I like that 5 too. Could certainly stretch the floor.

Brown was just a gutsy player and UK's best defender during his time. Also was a solid 3pt shooter.
Definitely a couple different looks could work, I love theoretical discussions and seeing who everyone would pick. Great post.

On a serious note, I can't think of any to add to an All-transfer UK team. At this point all I could think of are some honorable mentions that didn't make the cut. Julius Mays & Davion Mintz considering the 2012-13 & 2020-21 seasons. Wouldn't put them on the list over anyone mentioned in this thread though.

Damn, was Evans ever an underrated player. Although not transfers, I put him right up there with Erik Daniels and Gerald Fitch in regards to underrated careers at UK.

Don’t forget Julius Mays. Also this goes to show there’s a lot of bad transfers along with a lot of good ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT