ADVERTISEMENT

All Kentucky Tournament... preference

Feb 9, 2011
Played every year. Seeded 1 -8 based on finish from previous season with the two power five teams always being one and two. Three days. Switch between Lexington and Louisville.

Should this be played the weekend before Christmas? This would wind up with the championship occurring sometime between the 17th and the 23rd depending on the calendar.

Or should this be played the week before Thanksgiving? Or tip off the season with it?

Also the one and two seeds could switch between UofL and UK depending on who host. The Louisville game would be dropped and in most years would occur anyway. And rather than playing Albany and North Florida, UK would play Bellarmine and Murray State as a for instance.

Somebody leaves 3 and 0 and somebody leaves 0 and 3.

Alternative would be just to have it over 2 days and invite two teams other than UK and UofL.

I'd just go for the equivalent of the Crossroads Classic in Indiana (ND, Butler, IU, Purdue). For some unknown reason, this is the last year. I went to all of them but this one ... wonderful event, downtown Indy got excited for it, felt like a tourney type atmosphere those first few years.

How do we make this happen? The schedule UK had this year was not something anyone wants to repeat. One or two extra games against in-state teams is not going to destroy the schedule.

How about the best of KenTenn Classic

1-8 seeds. UK, UL, Bellarmine, Western, Eastern, Murray, Northern Ky??? Another??

pairs up against

UT, Vandy, Memphis, MTSU, Belmont, Martin, Austin Pee or Chattanooga.

KenTenn Championship for last 2 standing.

Reactions: MbergCat
How do we make this happen? The schedule UK had this year was not something anyone wants to repeat. One or two extra games against in-state teams is not going to destroy the schedule.
Have to get every AD at the universities you want on board.

Which would require booster pressure. And univ President goading as well

I love the idea. But it’s more than just UK that would have to be nudged.

Have to get every AD at the universities you want on board.

Which would require booster pressure. And univ President goading as well

I love the idea. But it’s more than just UK that would have to be nudged.
I doubt you're going to have to twist any arms to get those teams to go to a 20,000 plus attended tournament. Sharing of the profits I guess is the hard part. Murray always seems to be a pain.

How about the best of KenTenn Classic

1-8 seeds. UK, UL, Bellarmine, Western, Eastern, Murray, Northern Ky??? Another??

pairs up against

UT, Vandy, Memphis, MTSU, Belmont, Martin, Austin Pee or Chattanooga.

KenTenn Championship for last 2 standing.
I'm not feeling this one.

I doubt you're going to have to twist any arms to get those teams to go to a 20,000 plus attended tournament. Sharing of the profits I guess is the hard part. Murray always seems to be a pain.
Probably not. But just a lot of moving cogs. I love the idea. Just would take a lot of big wigs to collab and sign off.

Should really just combine the champions classic and the cbs sports classic and add Indiana.

That’d be UK, IU, UCLA, Duke, UNC, OSU, MSU, and Kansas.

Make sure it’s a 8 team format tourney and do it every single year.

Should really just combine the champions classic and the cbs sports classic and add Indiana.

That’d be UK, IU, UCLA, Duke, UNC, OSU, MSU, and Kansas.

Make sure it’s a 8 team format tourney and do it every single year.
What could IU possibly bring to it

I think it would be unique and maybe start a trend. Have the SEC play a preseason tourney just like the post season based on preseason rankings. Would get to see the difference at the end of the year. Fun.

I'd love to see us bring back the UKIT and have an 8 team tourney.I think Lexington could handle it.That way everybody gets 3 games over 3 days...or at least a 4 team tourney.
I'd also like to see more in state schools on the schedule and 1 game a season where Big Blue goes to an in state school to play.That way people across Kentucky gets a chance to see our Cats.We could rotate that road game every season....And change the checkerboard uniforms once and for all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT