ADVERTISEMENT

Alkins returns to Arizona. Does this...

Exxxxxcellent

Mr_Burns.png

I would feel better if we got one or the other, I was worried about Arizona as a landing spot for Johnson.

Remember that TJ said UCLA has made a big push. Going to be a toooon of shots to be had there.

Hell, yes. Think it puts us in the driver's seat as long as Pitt doesn't waive the "sit out a year" requirement at UNC.

Why not get both?
Hopefully Diallo comes back that way we can make a push to have both players. Also if Diallo stays in the draft then it creates more anxiety and puts more pressure on the staff to get Johnson.

Why not get both?
Hopefully Diallo comes back that way we can make a push to have both players. Also if Diallo stays in the draft then it creates more anxiety and puts more pressure on the staff to get Johnson.

We get Diallo back and we won't get Johnson. He thinks the backcourt is to crowded in my opinion if Diallo returns.

I'd rather have Diallo then Johnson, give me a premiere perimeter defender and not another 6'8 scorer that we already have 3 of. Of course, if Diallo stays in the draft I'd rather have Johnson then nobody.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Thanks.We don't want UK fans to be excited or happy about something.[eyeroll]
What we don't want are these idiots thinking it's a done deal and then bashing a kid for his decision. See Mohamed Bamba.

The UNC press release from Pitt makes me wonder if Cam wanted UNC because Cal already knows Diallo is returning.

Maybe my optimism is uncalled for on this board.

Why not get both?

Not gonna happen. In fact I think its a long shot even if hami stays in draft. I think even though cam is still listing us he lost some interest when knox signed. Too many 6-8 combo guys on roster. I like our team with or w/o cam. Would love to have diallo or cam but i think we will b fine w/o either of them.

Not gonna happen. In fact I think its a long shot even if hami stays in draft. I think even though cam is still listing us he lost some interest when knox signed. Too many 6-8 combo guys on roster. I like our team with or w/o cam. Would love to have diallo or cam but i think we will b fine w/o either of them.
Fine but doubtful it would be a championship roster.

Arizona will be LOADED

I hope they lose every game. Corruption is acceptable there. In 1997, Lute knowingly played ^the ineligible^ final 4 MVP Miles Simon when he was coach then said Coach Cal was unprofessional for bringing it up. Their fans are worse than Hoosier/Mountaineer hybrids. They hate Kentucky and are just a disgusting fan base. Why do you think these Oregon cheerleaders are wearing hardhats?
oregon_cheerleaders_arizona.png

Last edited:
Reactions: UKrazycat2
I hope they lose every game. Corruption is acceptable there. In 1997, Lute knowingly played final 4 MVP Miles Simon when he was coach then said Coach Cal was unprofessional for bringing it up. Their fans are worse than Hoosier/Mountaineer hybrids. They hate Kentucky and are just a disgusting fan base. Why do you think these Oregon cheerleaders are wearing hardhats?
oregon_cheerleaders_arizona.png
I actually didn't notice the hard hats until you brought it up.

Reactions: crpoore and chroix
Puts Zona as a legitimate title contender.

I say Michigan St., KU, and Zona are the favorites at this moment.

Hopefully we hear something soon concerning Diallo. As Tom Petty has been known to say more than once, "The Waiting is the hardest part".

I'm really driven by music. Always have been. I was seriously going to ask the board which songs mean the most to them or are the most applicable to being a Cats fan. (I'm sure someone is bound to say Cat Scratch Fever.) I think Run For the Roses is appropriate.

I'd rather have Diallo then Johnson, give me a premiere perimeter defender and not another 6'8 scorer that we already have 3 of. Of course, if Diallo stays in the draft I'd rather have Johnson then nobody.
It is important you get what you want. We don't want you crying on this board all year.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

Unfortunately, we're going to come up just a player short again.

I'm not sure we're going to be a player short this year. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying I think we'll get Johnson or Diallo. But if Vanderbilt is healthy, I really think this group has a chance to be special. Maybe we won't be the odds-on favorites, but I think we could be a very tough out come next March.

But who knows? To steal someone else's thoughts, all I'm sure of is that it's now. Everything else is moonshine.

It would seem now that Rawle Alkins is returning to Arizona and UNC is blocked from getting Cam Johnson it will depend on Hamidou Diallo's decision. I would say either way Diallo returning or Cam Johnson transferring here is a win for us next year. The one big problem and Coach Cal has talked about it the last 2-3 years has been our lack of good shooters on the team. The last 2 years we had Murray and Willis and this year Monk and Willis and that has been about it with our shooters. We have right now Quade Green, Alexander, Baker, and Diallo or Cam Johnson. Then add Kevin Knox, Vanderbilt, and PJ Washington and that is 7 or 8 good shooters for next year. Most of them hit mid 30s to 40% from 3 and if you watched Knox, Vanderbilt, and Washington in there Senior season and All-Star season they all have nice shots and can hit from 3. This will be a Kentucky Team that will have plenty of good shooters for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT