ADVERTISEMENT

Aj rose dad..

I watched every time he got in and the kid couldn’t pick up a block. He seems to have good ability when he runs the ball but if you can’t block, you can’t play. He’s only a redshirt freshman. He’ll get his turn when the time comes. If his dad doesn’t understand that, then take him elsewhere and see what happens. Get your kid 30 carries somewhere else since he obviously is only concerned with his kid getting all the attention. If Calipari doesn’t promise 5 Star future stars shots, then I don’t expect some 3 star to get the same in football. It’s life. Life is hard. If you can’t work to get successful and want handouts, then you don’t deserve it.

I don't care if you lose 100-0, if a player wants to question the play calling or know why he's playing more, he needs to go to the coach's office. As soon as he or dad or crazy uncle Buck goes to social media, it's game on and that player shouldn't like the results. Rose needs to get his dad in line or get to stepping, instead of his dad coming out and saying he's on their ASSES. This isn't daddy ball or high school or AAU.

Unfortunately, this has gotten to be a pattern under Stoops. If they're that unhappy at UK, there are plenty of other schools out there.

The one blow out win and three blow out losses we're good times for other players to get reps.

Thank you, I totally agree

Yep. No reason to not play backups. I understand frustration. Just hate to see it on social media.

I've seen his dad at every home game. They've never looked pleased, understandably. I suspect Rose will look to transfer

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Yep. No reason to not play backups. I understand frustration. Just hate to see it on social media.

I've seen his dad at every home game. They've never looked pleased, understandably. I suspect Rose will look to transfer
Yeah that conversation would have been better left privately and face to face. Social media causes so much unnecessary drama.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This has nothing to do about playing time. Parents are just concerned about the team. I am sure AJ Rose's dad has been a long time fan of UK Actually that tweet flat out said it is about PT He threw the playcalling in to make it look good

If there is one thing I won’t question it is playing Rose. He doesn’t deserve any of Snell’s snaps. If he leaves so be it. Backs like Rose are a dime a dozen.

I watched every time he got in and the kid couldn’t pick up a block. He seems to have good ability when he runs the ball but if you can’t block, you can’t play. He’s only a redshirt freshman. He’ll get his turn when the time comes. If his dad doesn’t understand that, then take him elsewhere and see what happens. Get your kid 30 carries somewhere else since he obviously is only concerned with his kid getting all the attention. If Calipari doesn’t promise 5 Star future stars shots, then I don’t expect some 3 star to get the same in football. It’s life. Life is hard. If you can’t work to get successful and want handouts, then you don’t deserve it.
Wtf does this have to do with the roundball OADer's

This has nothing to do about playing time. Parents are just concerned about the team. I am sure AJ Rose's dad has been a long time fan of UK Actually that tweet flat out said it is about PT He threw the playcalling in to make it look good

Hahahahahahahahaha

Why would you expose yourself so easily?

Is it me or has there been a lot of drama lately? AJ Rose's dad, Hayne's tweet, the lack of control and discipline vs UL, Stoops' corresponding crappy call in show answers, Jarren Williams decommitting. Not to mention getting drilled by UGA and UL. We definitely need some positive mojo with UK Football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Levibooty
Is it me or has there been a lot of drama lately? AJ Rose's dad, Hayne's tweet, the lack of control and discipline vs UL, Stoops' corresponding crappy call in show answers, Jarren Williams decommitting. Not to mention getting drilled by UGA and UL. We definitely need some positive mojo with UK Football.

This is stoops culture, he owns it all.

He is a prime candidate for a transfer. I can't believe we got through the year with basically two RB's, one of whom is 172 lbs. Rose is a good athlete but he looks awkward at RB.

Personally...I hated to see King get 100% of back up RB snaps. I have no idea of Rose can play ...but I do know King is way to tiny (and plays tiny) to be a legit RB for any offensive system save a pure Mumme style that throws exclusively to RB. He simply can't run between the tackles period.

Reactions: Kingseve1
This is stoops culture, he owns it all.

Out of all the post I've read since UL loss this one is the best. Right now I'm not sure if we will do better with Stoops, but also know that I like 7-5 a lot better than where we were. He deserves 2 more years IMO to either get it done or then we need to move on. When you're a football coach at UK and you just completed your second 7-5 campaign in a row then you get 2-3 more years to improve on that. It's not like we have this rich history to hold it too. But as the post that I quoted says it's best..it's his culture he owns it now fix it.

Personally...I hated to see King get 100% of back up RB snaps. I have no idea of Rose can play ...but I do know King is way to tiny (and plays tiny) to be a legit RB for any offensive system save a pure Mumme style that throws exclusively to RB. He simply can't run between the tackles period.

72 carries for 334 yards at 4.6 yds/carry and a long run of 30 yards and 2 TDS. 12 catches for 75 yards. A second string RB in the SEC who averages 4.6 yards per carry probably is not “way too tiny” or playing tiny. I am not advocating that he is awesome, but the “too tiny” argument has been debunked. Let’s put that to rest and move on.

Wtf does this have to do with the roundball OADer's

My point is you have to earn your playing time. Nobody is going to give you anything. If rose wants to play, he needs work hard. If he’s working hard, work harder. That’s all you can do. But when your dad comes out and says crap like this, when we have a running back ahead of him like Benny snell, he looks like an idiot.

My connection with basketball is the fact that calipari brings in 5 Star all Americans and when their parents say they want their kid to get a certain amount of shots a game (as one recently did) calipari tells them that’s not how it works around here. He doesn’t care how high you’re ranked, you have to earn it.

So if rose’s dad thinks his son should play more, he can’t possibly believe that he is better than snell, therefore he wants his son to get a certain amount of touches, but why? Is he better than snell? No. So sit back like a man, work hard and be patient. Nothing is owed to you. Nobody owes him anything. He has to wait for his time, whether it comes after injury or when snell is gone. That’s just how life works.

Parents like him are a dime a dozen and everyone who has played sports has come across one. Usually they think their kid is way better than they really are, which usually translates into the player being a whiny baby. This is NOT what I’m saying is the case with rose. I haven’t heard him say anything, so he’s fine, but his dad isn’t helping. My dad would never tell me “why isn’t the coach playing you more? What a dumb coach!” That does absolutely nothing positive for the player. It builds up excuses and then he gets coddled and babied. My dad would have told me, don’t whine and cry. Bust your ass out there and quit giving me excuses and I wouldn’t have gotten a word in. If I didn’t like a teacher my dad would tell me “tough s’*t. You better never disrespect any adult regardless of if you like them or not. You do what they tell you to do and deal with it”. You aren’t going to like every boss or every coworker, but that’s tough s^*t. Deal with it.

If Rose sr. feels that way, being on the coaches asses, maybe he should have AJ transfer. BTW Koback will be in the hunt for carries next season also.

Blow out losses to in-state rivals opens you up to be blasted, rightly or wrongly. Quit getting your azz kicked by Louisville and people will shut up about who did or didn't play.
No they wont. I have learned as a basketball coach that if you are winning, 5 parents love you and 5 hate you. If you are losing, they all hate you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT