ADVERTISEMENT

Ah, Quaintance

I thought he was a lock for Louisville

1508620_10203450289641758_2823511_n_by_manoluv_devfwj7-375w-2x.jpg

I think he helped us.. we are out of the spin cycle and can now get to some resemblance of stability. Cal will fail even worse at Arkansas.. his model will not work.

This Goonman stat is ridiculous. Top 9 players...54% of that is 4.86 players. 5 of 9 is actually 55.5%.

Aside from his garbage basic percentage math, 5 of 9 means 4 of 9 weren't returnees. We're talking about one player difference from 50/50, which is not at all impressive, nor is it close to statistically proving anything.

Anyone that signs him will be making a huge mistake. He is shopping his services and will do so again next year. His family is focused on immediate gratification rather than the larger plan. They are ruining his career before it even starts.. terrible look in the NIL era..
I guarantee if things don’t work out, if he isn’t as good or proves to be a headache in the locker room. Anything that causes him not to play as much, they will cause issues too. Just seems like the type of camp that causes issues. We have had a few here. Like many have said just seems like they want the bag and that’s it.

Cal really screwed us. Not surprised, after what he did to Memphis.
Think about if Cal had left before the portal in 2019. we're golden compared to what we would have been back then trying to fill 13 scholarships . Year one after Cal wasnt here was always going to be a rebuild, but so far, it looks like the rebuild year will be full of really good college players, just no NBA studs but that didnt get us anywhere last year so.

Literally every player in the portal is "shopping their services." Didn't we want portal players like, yesterday?

Not sure he's the right fit. That's Pope's job. But two years of a stud player sounds good, otherwise.

Literally every player in the portal is "shopping their services." Didn't we want portal players like, yesterday?

Not sure he's the right fit. That's Pope's job. But two years of a stud player sounds good, otherwise.
He won't turn 18 until he is a sophomore. I wouldn’t pencil him as a multi-year stud. Plus, who's to say he would stick around for year 2. I would spend the NIL elsewhere.

This Goonman stat is ridiculous. Top 9 players...54% of that is 4.86 players. 5 of 9 is actually 55.5%.

Aside from his garbage basic percentage math, 5 of 9 means 4 of 9 weren't returnees. We're talking about one player difference from 50/50, which is not at all impressive, nor is it close to statistically proving anything.
39 of 72 would be 54.2%.

39 of 72 would be 54.2%.
So Goodman was saying the top 9 on each of 8 teams? Yeah that makes sense, but Goodman's tweet wasn't clear as it sounds like of the "top 9 rotation players on ALL 8 teams".

Even then, a 54/46% variance is hardly statistically relevant to support his argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: gojvc
Think about if Cal had left before the portal in 2019. we're golden compared to what we would have been back then trying to fill 13 scholarships . Year one after Cal wasnt here was always going to be a rebuild, but so far, it looks like the rebuild year will be full of really good college players, just no NBA studs but that didnt get us anywhere last year so.
That is true, back then it would have been awful although he may not have went nuclear blow it up had he left under better circumstances and for a pro job or something.

Does Arizona St have a team to put around JQ?
I assume they know the price so it would make no sense unless they felt he was a missing piece to having a really good team.

I guarantee if things don’t work out, if he isn’t as good or proves to be a headache in the locker room. Anything that causes him not to play as much, they will cause issues too. Just seems like the type of camp that causes issues. We have had a few here. Like many have said just seems like they want the bag and that’s it.
The type of kid that has held Cal hostage for years. We don’t hear the noise all the time but there is noise. Gotta give it to him, he honors is promises but always at the risk of the program. Why I was so ready for him to leave. NIL will make this worse, he’ll be a train-wreck at Arkansas IMO.

• Love
Reactions: blubo and Fox2monk
Haha guess the bidding continues or maybe UofL didn’t quite have the 2 million they thought…
Yeah, I thought that bag was so big and heavy they believed he couldn't even lift it to put it in a truck. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
How did he screw us exactly? What has transpired is about the best thing that could have happened minus him going outside of conference.

His time was up and he didn't force UK into a buyout. He left. That is great...we got a fresh start for free.
That is the best part, we didn’t have to buy that out and then settle for a coach like Pope, we get to try him for a relatively small contract for our school. The only way he screwed is is by blowing up our whole roster, I mean we didn’t keep one dude. That is sad to me.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
The type of kid that has held Cal hostage for years. We don’t hear the noise all the time but there is noise. Gotta give it to him, he honors is promises but always at the risk of the program. Why I was so ready for him to leave. NIL will make this worse, he’ll be a train-wreck at Arkansas IMO.
I’ve been replying to all kinda Arkansas fans on YouTube videos about recruiting and stuff. I keep trying to tell them how it’s gonna go down but they have five star fever and think they are totally relevant now. I’m like here is how this will play out… Cal won’t even make it 5 years IMO have you seen how old and tired he looks? If they don’t win big he won’t wanna go on.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I’ve been replying to all kinda Arkansas fans on YouTube videos about recruiting and stuff. I keep trying to tell them how it’s gonna go down but they have five star fever and think they are totally relevant now. I’m like here is how this will play out… Cal won’t even make it 5 years IMO have you seen how old and tired he looks? If they don’t win big he won’t wanna go on.
Easy for the fans to get excited.. no way is excited. He went from Camelot to the outhouse. Maybe this will humble his arrogance..

Reactions: Fox2monk
That is the best part, we didn’t have to buy that out and then settle for a coach like Pope, we get to try him for a relatively small contract for our school. The only way he screwed is is by blowing up our whole roster, I mean we didn’t keep one dude. That is sad to me.

But we all know that roster he had was destined to fail. The only way it would have been good was Shep coming back with Ivisic and Wagner.

A freshman driven team wouldn't have produced Jack next year at UK.

I feel like we escaped this situation before it became toxic.

Anyone that signs him will be making a huge mistake. He is shopping his services and will do so again next year. His family is focused on immediate gratification rather than the larger plan. They are ruining his career before it even starts.. terrible look in the NIL era..
There will be no college next year. One and draft. Even if he averages 6/4/1. He gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT