ADVERTISEMENT

Aggies to the Big Ten?

I don’t understand why people keep falling for Greg Swaim articles. He’s the guy on twitter who said UK scheduled a press conference to introduce Scott Drew as our new head coach, and that A&M had hired Dan Lanning.

He’s also been dropping a conference realignment bombshell every couple of months for the last 10 years, and not once has he been right. The guy consistently makes things up.

I don’t understand why people keep falling for Greg Swaim articles. He’s the guy on twitter who said UK scheduled a press conference to introduce Scott Drew as our new head coach, and that A&M had hired Dan Lanning.

He’s also been dropping a conference realignment bombshell every couple of months for the last 10 years, and not once has he been right. The guy consistently makes things up.
Dont usually trust him. But hell, he could be right. Figured it was worth discussing even if its just speculation.

Dont usually trust him. But hell, he could be right. Figured it was worth discussing even if its just speculation.
Nothing wrong with fans discussing speculation; it’s a good way to pass the time.

But I do think it’s a little different when it comes to Swaim specifically. I don’t use this word lightly, but I think it’s been demonstrated that he’s dishonest and folks should just keep that in mind when discussing anything he says. He’s the guy that reported in 2010 or 2011 that BYU and Boise State were joining the Big 12 as replacements for Colorado and Nebraska, among countless other breaking news tidbits he has reported that simply were not even remotely close to being true.

I’m not trying to shut down discussion about whether A&M would or should move to the Big Ten; I was more just cautioning folks to keep that in mind about Swaim specifically.

Hopefully my original reply in the thread didn’t come off the wrong way, but I apologize if it did.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah Swaim is a goofy goof but anything and I mean anything is possible nowadays. I know I wouldn’t miss them. Still don’t know what kind of loser would spend a Friday night at midnight rehearsing chants.

Nothing wrong with fans discussing speculation; it’s a good way to pass the time.

But I do think it’s a little different when it comes to Swaim specifically. I don’t use this word lightly, but I think it’s been demonstrated that he’s dishonest and folks should just keep that in mind when discussing anything he says. He’s the guy that reported in 2010 or 2011 that BYU and Boise State were joining the Big 12 as replacements for Colorado and Nebraska, among countless other breaking news tidbits he has reported that simply were not even remotely close to being true.

I’m not trying to shut down discussion about whether A&M would or should move to the Big Ten; I was more just cautioning folks to keep that in mind about Swaim specifically.

Hopefully my original reply in the thread didn’t come off the wrong way, but I apologize if it did.
All good, no harm done. I personally think it's possible they could run to the B1G. They don't like Texas.

I don't get the logic behind TAMU wanting out because Texas is in. Even though those 2 schools are just 2 hours apart, Texas is a big-ass state, I think the 3rd most populated, with 4 big markets. There have lots of examples of 2 schools from the same state in the same P5 conference.

1. Greg Swaim is a POS of the highest smell.

2. It would be funny if they did because all anyone would do is accuse them of running from Texas. Just man up and play. Damn.

3. They’re feminine chants and features suits them better for ball up north

Hopefully not in that order. Pick UNC, and you’ll have a basketball rival forever. Duke who?
UNC will always keep their top rivalry as Duke. They are 10 miles apart, go to the same parties, etc...

The super conferences piss me off mainly because the geographical stuff makes no sense. Oklahoma in the SEC? Dumb. I didn't even want TAMU or Mizzou when they came.

Now we've got Cal, Stanford and SMU in the ACC- the Pac 12 schools are now in the Big Ten midwest/northeast. Hate this and wish football was its own entity so it wouldn't affect every other sport.

UNC will always keep their top rivalry as Duke. They are 10 miles apart, go to the same parties, etc...

Not if we are in separate conferences. It won't be the same playing once-a-year in December. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. SEC has lil' Carolina, Tennessee, you guys. Bring in Virginia and we will call it a day.

How would that move benefit TA&M?
Life would be easier in the Big10, a lot less competition. I mean if you can't compete with the big boys in the SEC, then tuck your tail between your legs & run off to the Big10. But at the same time, it makes it appear that the Aggies are running from the Texas Longhorns.

Journalist I know are trustworthy and accurate say the Big 10 is working behind the scenes to land FSU, plus 2 or 3 others from the ACC

I had the impression from somewhere they do not want to be in the same conference with Texas.
If I recall correctly a lot of that came from when Texas basically had there own TV package (ESPN?) and other schools in the Big 12 were upset that UT's revenues were higher and there was no sharing with others.
I believe that TV package is gone and of course the SEC/TV revenue...that all share....is huge.

If I recall correctly a lot of that came from when Texas basically had there own TV package (ESPN?) and other schools in the Big 12 were upset that UT's revenues were higher and there was no sharing with others.
I believe that TV package is gone and of course the SEC/TV revenue...that all share....is huge.
LoL the hate by A&M to Texas goes back a lot longer than Longhorn net

A LOT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT