ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Burks to Arkansas?

So far that is all but 2. Interesting none of Cals recruits have yet to commit there although I feel most will end up doing so.
The new recruits had to look at this as a way to now renegotiate their NIL. Arkansas lost their entire roster too. With Jerry maybe saying double it. I’d hold out for the best deal too. Oh boy, 7 freshmen with a million each in their pocket. Gonna be a lot of Goooo and Runnn being yelled down there.

• Haha
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Im sure Cal promised him another round of bullshit that can't be met just like last year.

Cal always said he also promised NO playing time. Tell that to Wagner. He promised him and his Dad.... another reason Dilly was salty all year with Cal

Get rid of every last one them. Just shows how deeply rooted the Calipari disease was at UK. I do not care about any of them, not one of them was playing for the name on the front of the jersey. That's what I admire about Hurley at UCONN. He refuses to sign anyone that has priorities elsewhere.
While I don’t disagree with the type of player Cal recruited, you’d be silly to think that the same thing wouldn’t happen with Pope if he left. Players go to schools to play for a coach. They will come here to play for Pope. Now Pope will recruit a different type of guy and make sure they know the importance of playing for UK, but most, if not all, would bolt if Popr left.

The reality was there were better players in front of him and he probably understood his playing time would be limited. I believe I remember Cal mentioning how hard he was working. Maybe his time will come at Arky or wherever he ends up.

Reactions: UKgal82
If J Jones was telling truth. Maybe someone offered burks 500k Nil here and Jones made it a mil.. be tough to turn down for a kid with no real ties to UK and that mil could help any family.

Thats only way I can see Burks going to Arky to just pine ride

Haven't seen anything on that but if he goes there then my guess we don't want him. I guess he is satisfied with sitting on the bench.

We better sign some dominant bench players to not think Burks isn't worth a spot this coming season.

I don't blame these kids with no NBA future wanting life changing money now to set up there future. This just proves Cals laziness has carried over to his new job since he wont even need to leave his office to field a team.

I hope he has almost the same team as last year and once again flames out with top talent. I want the kids to move on and have great success with what ever their future holds but Cal will crash and burn and be exposed for the poser he is.

Spot minutes behind Karter Knox will be easier to stomach when you're counting that Jerry Jones and Tyson Chicken guy money.
This is how I think about Burks…who is he competing for minutes with?

1. Is Burks as a PF or a SF?
2. I think his best spot in college is small ball PF….:but Cal talks it up and reverts to playing bigs and never commits to small ball concepts
3. Welch is gone …so it’s Cal and Kenny Payne along wjtb genius of Brad Calipari…..yesh

So if Arkansas wants to blow NIL on Burks…albeit I think Burks is a nice multi year possible but not a guy I’m blowing much NIL cash on. Personally….i think he should be happy with a scholarship on a upper tier basketball team…but I have no clue what the NIL market is

Reactions: catben and ukfan041
Cal didn't play him here. Why would he follow him?
Obviously the players know much more than us everyday fans. They don’t see the person that many of you hate on an everyday basis. I wish Jordan well. He seems like a good young man and I hope he is successful at Arkansas.

Cal is probably just getting the ten players he can instead of building a team. Will worry about meshing them later. Will save 2 or 3 spots for his friends kids or something else as walkons.

Reactions: FirewithFire
He wasn't good enough to play last year.

You guys keep going on about guys that stick around but your confused why a guy that didn't play bc he wasn't ready didnt get more minutes

Reactions: Pmalone6719
He wasn't good enough to play last year.

You guys keep going on about guys that stick around but your confused why a guy that didn't play bc he wasn't ready didnt get more minutes
with Cal though, you don't know who was ready and who was promised

It’s all about money now for these guys. The ad thing about it is these guys don’t play they get paid and don’t play with heart. Cals teams

Sounds like Cal wants entire UK team and recruits. He is out to show us what could have happened at UK. He can have them, we know what they produce in crunch time.
I will laugh my arse off if half the team doesn’t go with him. I think he made a couple of them angry he left like that.

Another past player and arky thread
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I love seeing the tormented look on the faces of Cal worshippers.

Sounds like Cal wants entire UK team and recruits. He is out to show us what could have happened at UK. He can have them, we know what they produce in crunch time.
The ones that he is getting did very little at Kentucky and are likely to do even less at Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT