ADVERTISEMENT

After This Loss, Can we Still Play for a National Championship?

Nov 11, 2014
What would have to happen?

I do not believe UGA will go undefeated.

Kirby Smart always makes a terrible game decision to lost a game EVERY SEASON.

What is a path where we could still play for a championship?

Naw. Needed to play them close and hope they run the table. New Years Day bowl still within reach.

We're not Bama, OSU or Clemson. So no.

This game proved it I'd say. I doubt UC makes it also.

When it goes to 12 teams, yes.

OP trying to plan out the rest of the year to bitch and moan about the team and our coach. Don’t feed him, folks.z

Nah probably not. We don’t have name recognition

WE only have 1 loss. That being said, I don't think this team is championship ready yet. Stoops, Marrow and Co. Still building a hell of a team, year in and year out. Keep in mind we are doing this with not top 5 classes year in and year out (Like UGA), we are doing this with anywhere between the 20th-50th class in the nation year in and year out. I will say that is quite IMPRESSIVE. Our program is still looking very much up and promising!! GO CATS!

Even if the final record is 11-1 it’s very unlikely but slightly possible. One more loss and there’s 0 chance.

OP trying to plan out the rest of the year to bitch and moan about the team and our coach. Don’t feed him, folks.z
Put her on ignore. I had her on for ignore for years but decided to give her a chsnce again. Bad idea.

WE only have 1 loss. That being said, I don't think this team is championship ready yet. Stoops, Marrow and Co. Still building a hell of a team, year in and year out. Keep in mind we are doing this with not top 5 classes year in and year out (Like UGA), we are doing this with anywhere between the 20th-50th class in the nation year in and year out. I will say that is quite IMPRESSIVE. Our program is still looking very much up and promising!! GO CATS!
To me, that makes it more impressive than what those big five or six programs are doing. Coach Stoops has been unreal here so far and if we somehow do start getting a few top 10 classes in a row, the sky is the only limit for Kentucky,. I can definitely feel it coming.. I'm praying for that to happen but, Even if this is the best we could become, I'm just so proud to be a Kentucky Wildcat.

Yes but it takes a combination of events:
Biggest 3:
1) UGA and UK run the table.
2) UGA does not have a game closer than 14 the rest of the way including the SEC title game
3)root for chaos in the big10 and Big12 or UC dropping a game.

4) UK needs to not just win but look impressive in the remaining games

Not realistic but win out and if Georgia beats Alabama we could sneak into the playoffs. Hard to leave an 11-1 SEC team out.

That is the path.

UGA blowing out everyone and beating BAMA by 2+ TDs would help.

IMO, we could beat anyone other than Alabama and Georgia.

Does anyone really think we couldn’t hang with Cincinnati?

All that said, I still worry that we lose to UT or MSU. But if we do, then we don’t deserve consideration anyway.

Should we run the table, I think the naysayers will be really shocked at where we are ranked come December.

LMAO.......just no

The one thing we learned on Saturday is that we are not the best team in the country. That doesn’t mean we aren’t in the top 4. We are only half way through the season and Kentucky is improving every week. The ACC and PAC12 are terrible. The Big 10 is about to start eating itself. Bedlam is going to knock out one of the Big 12 schools. I still think that two SEC teams make the playoffs this season. If Kentucky can go 11-1, there is a very legitimate shot that Kentucky is one of the 4. It starts and ends with taking care of their own business. The rest will sort itself out.

Reactions: UKUGA
Yes, But 11-1 there is a REAL chance that we get into the Playoff....
There is some chance yes. But an 11-1 team is still behind any 12-1 conference champs plus Cincy if they don’t drop one. Hell, if UK and Notre Dame finish 11-1 they’d probably put them in ahead of us even though we’d beat them just because of their name.

UGA win out. We win out BIG. Most of the top ten lose another game.

The fact you posted this question should give you all the satisfaction you need. We have climbed mountains and you start a thread about potentially competing for a national championship!!!! Kentucky Football wasnt even a doormat on the football radar a few years ago. Stoops should be given a lifetime contract like Calipari.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT