ADVERTISEMENT

After the Blue/White game these need to be our starters:

Based on Cal’s comments, I’m sticking with:

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Mitchell
F Ivisic

Hoping Dillingham lit a fire under Wagner.

I bet Wagner took it personally.

I think he shows out next game.

I also wonder if Dillingham can consistently fill it up like that?
Having guys like Dilly, Shep, Burks and Adou coming off the bench is a good luxury to have. Not to mention the other two 7 footers. Will still be solid 8-11 IMO.

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Mitchell
F Ivisic

Honestly to start the season off dillingham is a perfect sixth man. Firepower off the bench and instant scoring

Starting is not what matters most. It is minutes.

Theiro has to play 20+. Mitchell and Reeves both has to play 25+. We all know Wagner and Edwards will both play 25+ (maybe 30+). If/once we have 2-3 7’footers able to play some combination of them will play 35-55. I can’t see Dillingham or Shepherd either going <10. I say once we get 2+ bigs in there, go 24/16 platoon. If you want those extra 8min, go earn them.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
It will still be:

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Mitchell
One of the 7 footers but probably Z to start the year.

One live public scrimmage isn’t gonna make Cal make major changes to the lineup.

Reactions: TysonD44
Well, Ugonna is the only one that’s a traditional center. The other two can both shoot the 3. Big Z plays more like a 3 on offense.
How can you say that. Bradshaw has never played out on the floor. Noone knows if he can shoot from the outside

Reeves will start. Thiero may not start but he will still have to play alot because he is physical.
Reeves will start but will Cal let him shoot us out of the game or sit him for others? Will Reeves pout?

Last edited:
Nice to finally have multiple scorers and a team that is unselfish. Remember this is without ANY of the 3 big men that can really help us as well. Iron sharpens iron and this team has me and Darlene the most optimistic we have been in a long time,

Reeves will start but will Cal let him shoot us out of the game or sit him for others? Will Reeves pout?
that's my concern... shooting us out of the big games. these early and unimportant ones don't mean anything (really) except for the won - loss column (and we know Cal doesn't care about that),....

But the big time games where he has hurt us concerns me... Is he really a gamer? -- I'm not convinced that he is...

With Onyenso and Bradshaw out, I’m guessing something like this (+/- 2-3 minutes a game) early on:

G Wagner(30)/Dillingham(10)
G Reeves(15)/Sheppard(15)/Dillingham(10)
G Edwards(25)/Reeves(10)/Hart(5)
F Mitchell(15)/Thiero(20)/Edwards(5)
F Ivisic(20)/Mitchell(10)/Burks(10)

Wagner- 30
Edwards- 30
Reeves- 25
Mitchell- 25
Ivisic- 20
Dillingham- 20
Thiero- 20
Sheppard- 15
Burks- 10
Hart- 5

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Mitchell
F Ivisic

I know we aren't platooning, but my goodness we've got a lot of dudes who can hoop. To be honest, this team SHOULD have success with and SEC Tournament schedule, back to back to back games - plenty of depth. Thursda/Saturday or Friday/Sunday schedules for the NCAA Tournament shouldn't be an issue. Playing with pace, playing physical not worrying about foul trouble, etc - should be strengths.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
With Onyenso and Bradshaw out, I’m guessing something like this (+/- 2-3 minutes a game) early on:

G Wagner(30)/Dillingham(10)
G Reeves(15)/Sheppard(15)/Dillingham(10)
G Edwards(25)/Reeves(10)/Hart(5)
F Mitchell(15)/Thiero(20)/Edwards(5)
F Ivisic(20)/Mitchell(10)/Burks(10)

Wagner- 30
Edwards- 30
Reeves- 25
Mitchell- 25
Ivisic- 20
Dillingham- 20
Thiero- 20
Sheppard- 15
Burks- 10
Hart- 5

I don't have much to quibble with here, but Mitchell got 33 MPG in Canada. I don't see him dropping to 25 until Bradshaw and Onyenso are playing.

Ivisic probably gets 15, which makes it easy. Also, I'd put Hart at 0 and Sheppard at 20.

Are you kidding me? Our starters cannot be determined from the blue white game. Our three bigs did not even play. Thiero will not start. You left Reeves out of the lineup, which is nuts.

I'm not trying to start anything, but is the OP a UK fan?

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I don't have much to quibble with here, but Mitchell got 33 MPG in Canada. I don't see him dropping to 25 until Bradshaw and Onyenso are playing.

Ivisic probably gets 15, which makes it easy. Also, I'd put Hart at 0 and Sheppard at 20.
I think Mitchell probably gets a little more and Ivisic maybe a little less. Foul trouble could limit Ivisic.

I also agree about Hart and Sheppard.

It’s probably closer to Mitchell 28/Ivisic 17 and Sheppard 18/Hart 2 most games, which is why I put +/- 2-3 minutes in there.

Reactions: Padsfs07
This is your 3rd updated lineup. How many more are coming? Does ANYBODY here take you serious?

I understand your grievance with the OP, but the Blue/White game added another datapoint to the topic at hand. For one, we learned that Ivisic didn't play, while Bradshaw and Onyenso continue to be further out from opening tip than ever.

Also, Dillingham took over and Thiero proved he belongs, and is probably a better option at the 4 than Edwards if we were to open with Mitchell at the 5.

Adding the B/W game to the preceding Canada scores left us with the following PPG:
(note: I divide the B/W game points in half)
PG Wagner - 13.7
SG Reeves - 20.1
SF Edwards - 14.2
PF Thiero - 8.6
C Mitchell - 13.0

Dillingham - 8.4
Sheppard - 7.6
Burks - 5.4

that's my concern... shooting us out of the big games. these early and unimportant ones don't mean anything (really) except for the won - loss column (and we know Cal doesn't care about that),....

But the big time games where he has hurt us concerns me... Is he really a gamer? -- I'm not convinced that he is...
He definitely was against Arkansas. Like any shooter, he will have his up and down games. At 40% on threes, he is pretty dependable. Shooting poorly in tourney games is always magnified. Over the past 10-15 years some of our best shooters have performed poorly during NCAA tourney games. What did AD shoot in our championship win over Kansas? It happens to the best sometimes. Reeves is very good!

Reactions: FltDoc
This Friday I predict..
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Theiro
Mitchell
I think that’s probably right for Friday.

Dillingham, Sheppard, Hart, Burks, and Ivisic provides a strong second unit, if Cal decides to give Ivisic a chance to play.

Sitting Ivisic out of another game, one that doesn’t even count, would be just silly. Get him some reps before he faces D-1 competition.

Reactions: cal=8 and FltDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT