ADVERTISEMENT

Adou to Arkansas

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fathers Day Charles GIF

Weird…I thought Kentucky fans showed Adou the love and Cal was the problem. Don’t understand this…

There was clearly something else going on here. I don't know if it was a UK problem.. but it sure seems the issues between Cal and Adou (and in general, the rest of the team) have been overblown.

Adou isn't going to Arkansas if he had any problems with Cal. Full stop.

Could the NIL issues have maybe NOT been Cal's fault?

There was clearly something else going on here. I don't know if it was a UK problem.. but it sure seems the issues between Cal and Adou (and in general, the rest of the team) have been overblown.

Cal will make him come off the bench, why wouldn’t he go to a school where he would’ve started?

I think he was pissed at the other players because he wasn't going to be allowed to drive to the basket for a missed layup, without consequence. It was Cal who suggested Adou wasn't putting in the effort to get back on the court. And grateful to Cal telling him that he has a one in million chance of getting into the pros and sticking.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Cal will make him come off the bench, why wouldn’t he go to a school where he would’ve started?

He clearly likes Cal enough, and also must have liked the NIL deal he had gotten. I find it odd that UK seemingly had NO chance to get him to come back, despite a great young coach, lots of NIL money, and familiarity.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wow, this is somewhat of a surprise to me, he never seemed completely happy here and I thought it was because of his playing time and Cal. I guess not, but money has a way of taking away some problems but can create others. I'm not sure he is going to see the floor any more there than he did here with what they have coming in. If he gets a lot of playing time at Arkansas, there will be some highly touted freshman sitting on the bench, oh well, it's not our problem.

I never would have guessed Thiero and Z would follow CCC. Man, even faced with the cold hard facts of losing minutes to undeserving 5* pet projects, some people just can't get enough snake oil.
Hardly anyone else wanted them and were willing to give them the playing time they were likely asking for, and Pope most likely made it clear that he would be competing for minutes.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I think he was pissed at the other players because he wasn't going to be allowed to drive to the basket for a missed layup, without consequence. It was Cal who suggested Adou wasn't putting in the effort to get back on the court. And grateful to Cal telling him that he has a one in million chance of getting into the pros and sticking.

But.. then.. that's not an issue with the players, it's an issue with Cal? It's the coach who put tougher expectations on Adou.. so it still makes no sense why he'd follow him, especially because Cal still has quite a bit of talent ahead of Adou (potential talent at least).

Reactions: NociHTTP
But.. then.. that's not an issue with the players, it's an issue with Cal? It's the coach who put tougher expectations on Adou.. so it still makes no sense why he'd follow him, especially because Cal still has quite a bit of talent ahead of Adou (potential talent at least).
kinda glad he didn’t, Adou is a physical player sometimes but he can’t shoot and he’s injury prone

I think Cal tells them what they want to hear, and then recruits right over them if they're missing stars beside their names. And even does it a second or third time if he feels the need to.

Tyson chicken money makes a lot of things go away...

This one is so weird to me. He and his dad were clearly unhappy, he entered the portal before Cal left UK, everyone thought he was headed to UNC or Pitt and now he ends up at Arkansas.

Strange situation.

The NIL money has to be a factor, because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

But then I wonder, how much of this story was true, that Thiero's camp was unhappy? The only thing I recall was Adou making some sort of underhanded comments about Cal being harder on him during the last few games of the season. And even that, we don't know the full context.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT