ADVERTISEMENT

Adou Thiero

Welp I think I know who the new fan favorite is this year.

diamong-amongst-coal-C298UY3.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice when he was standing next to Oscar they were both the same height?!!!

This kid is a Guard that's going to end up in a PF's body!! He is A LOT thicker than Anthony Davis was at this point in his career also. I'm not crazy enough to compare him to AD, but the body transformation is very similar, only Adou's growth spurt has been MUCH faster!!

This kid is going to be a STAR!!!

He's the rare case of a young man who wasn't thought of highly until UK offer and raised stature and it was completely earned and if anything, he's better than advertised. Another tremendous evaluation from Antigua. Guy has an eye for talent.

Seeing skill from the wings/forwards was already superior to the past few years. Thiero being a G/F with his 6'7 height.

The physical tools are obvious but the most impressive thing for me was the moment wasn't too big for him. Guy was a 5'9" freshman 4 years ago and not really on anybody's recruiting radar. Stepped on the floor and just balled. Didn't overthink it just played instinctively. This sounds crazy but I saw a little of D Wade in him. Wade grew a bunch during HS and wasn't really recruited by anybody but after sitting out his freshman year due to academics he blossomed into a star as a junior. Hope Adou can develop into a really good player and be a stud in the next couple of years.

The physical tools are obvious but the most impressive thing for me was the moment wasn't too big for him. Guy was a 5'9" freshman 4 years ago and not really on anybody's recruiting radar. Stepped on the floor and just balled. Didn't overthink it just played instinctively. This sounds crazy but I saw a little of D Wade in him. Wade grew a bunch during HS and wasn't really recruited by anybody but after sitting out his freshman year due to academics he blossomed into a star as a junior. Hope Adou can develop into a really good player and be a stud in the next couple of years.
That’s exactly who he reminds me of. Told my wife the same thing tonight. Poor man’s D Wade. No, you’re not crazy.

Not what I expected after reading on here when he signed as a lowly 3star. Several Rafters experts played him down. Would never get off the bench and eventually transfer. Maybe this game wasn’t a true sample size? Kind of reminded me of Allen Edwards.

Reactions: lazycat75
I need to see more, because what he showed tonight, should put him into the srarting line-up.

He reminds me of Liggins, but with better instincts.

Good things happen when he touches the ball. He had two plays where he tried to do too much, but I chalk that up to him trying to get a spot in the rotation.

Kid is legit.

There were some who said he will be much better than some think. Looks like they were right. Also read that he is still growing , could end up somewhere around 6'8 . Kid looked good tonight.

Going to be a real disruptive force off the bench. Brings a lot of energy.

Has anyone ever seen a projection of how tall they think he’s going to get?

You have to wonder about the "science" of evaluating young players. I suspect that scouts agree on 50-100 name players and expend all their energy trying to put micrometers on those, and then they don't really even "waste time" on the rest.

But he wasn't completely un-noticed. He had offers from Maryland, Cincy, and Xavier.

I think he’s a guy you can count on in a pinch as 5th guard if you get multiple guys out with injury or foul trouble. He’s the 10th man but sometimes you need that guy.

As far as being in the rotation who are you going to sit we have 7 guys I think are All-SEC good maybe not first team but still. And CJ is out best shooter that’s 8 in front of him. Big thing is I feel comfortable putting him in the rotation next year as a guy who can come in and play multiple spots. And if he’s 6’9 who knows he might be a dark horse starting PF.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’m going to be the opposition and say we need to see more than one game. Let’s see the other games before we anoint him as a starter or heavy PT. It would be awesome if he continues to grow though.

Does he remind anyone of OG Anunoby or just me...
He reminds me of him a lot and that type of long wing/developmental guy the Raptors often get and turn into a proven NBA player--Siakam, Anunoby, etc...

Thing that I was impressed with was pure jumper that didn't touch rim or net--clean drop and then following that up with drive to his left from right wing to drop pass to Oscar for easy dunk. Just a beautiful job of playmaking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT