ADVERTISEMENT

AD been playing a little too long with Lebron James

WTH are you talking about? LeBron has only played one full 82 game season his entire career. I suppose if it helps your narrative and prevents your turd cutter from being sore, we can include his 70+ games as a full season. Regardless, like I said, with the exception of this year, the guy hasn't played a full season since he was 33 years old. 33, dude!! I don't want to hear any bullsh*t about his longevity.
Who cares if someone misses a few games in a 82 game season. What a dumb argument. And also of course after 16-17 years of being top 6 all time in games played his body starts to break down and require more rest. Oh no he only played 80 out of 82 games, cry about it.

Who cares if someone misses a few games in a 82 game season. What a dumb argument. And also of course after 16-17 years of being top 6 all time in games played his body starts to break down and require more rest. Oh no he only played 80 out of 82 games, cry about it.
He's the last really old school player that exists regarding playing. When he misses games he's actually injured/beat up. Guy has been a rock and the NBA is still searching for who will replace him and the candidates suck--Anthony Edwards it he guy I'm liking right now-plays, loves playing, loves winning and competing. Know that Silver aka Nosferatu won't like that because he didn't go to Duke, but that's the guy who seems more of a throwback and torch carrier for the sport.

He's the last really old school player that exists regarding playing. When he misses games he's actually injured/beat up. Guy has been a rock and the NBA is still searching for who will replace him and the candidates suck--Anthony Edwards it he guy I'm liking right now-plays, loves playing, loves winning and competing. Know that Silver aka Nosferatu won't like that because he didn't go to Duke, but that's the guy who seems more of a throwback and torch carrier for the sport.
Anthony Edwards is definitely fitting that mold .

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
AD is one of the most fragile players out there. He could of been an all time great but seems to enjoy being on the injured list. He can't go a week without being hurt.

And still gonna be a hall of famer with ease.

Greatest accomplished season of any UK player on UK history. Player of year, sec regular, final four and national title and most valuable of final four, most wins in UK season with 38, and won an Olympic gold medal for s and g as well in 2012.

A few games? He's missed 142 games over the last 5 seasons. Sorry, but when I hear about greats playing no matter what, I envision dudes like John Stockton and Michael Jordan, which played unless they were injured. Lebron takes a rest if he overexerts himself for too long. This is out of fear of not being able to play late in the season.

Let's be honest here, he plays enough to help get his team into the "play-in" game. He's unable to play a full season and hasn't been able to for a while. Which leads me to the other topic of conversation brought up in this thread. Some have mentioned blowing up this roster. That should have happened 3-4 years ago. You can't be a contender when your best player is available 68% of the time.

A few games? He's missed 142 games over the last 5 seasons. Sorry, but when I hear about greats playing no matter what, I envision dudes like John Stockton and Michael Jordan, which played unless they were injured. Lebron takes a rest if he overexerts himself for too long. This is out of fear of not being able to play late in the season.

Let's be honest here, he plays enough to help get his team into the "play-in" game. He's unable to play a full season and hasn't been able to for a while. Which leads me to the other topic of conversation brought up in this thread. Some have mentioned blowing up this roster. That should have happened 3-4 years ago. You can't be a contender when your best player is available 68% of the time.
Moving goal posts. Now we're only talking about years 16-21? Oh Ok LMAO

I have not enjoyed ADs NBA career. He is soft, does not play hard, plays slow, and has put on too much bad weight. I thought he would be a better offensive Dwight Howard…run the floor, play above the rim, high flying blocks, etc.
He has had a good career, but other than his first few years, his style of play has been much less explosive as it should have been.
They bad weight you mentioned is his biggest problem.

Moving goal posts. Now we're only talking about years 16-21? Oh Ok LMAO
Huh? I thought we were talking about longevity, which is a holistic view. You're talking about seasons, and I am talking about age. Consistently sitting his ass down on the bench since he was 33 years old has significantly helped prolong his career. Let's not act like he's some sort of terminator. If he was, why the need for so much rest? You do comprehend that, right?

If you want to compare him to another great that has played a similar number of seasons, then I suggest looking at Kareem's season-by-season games played. Kareem didn't sit his ass on the bench the last seven years of his career so that when he did come into the game, he could average more points or do the things he was able to do at a younger age, he just played through it. The mindset was different.

Is LeBron fortunate to still be playing and to be effective at his age? Of course! But let's not exaggerate it like he's some sort of Terminator. The dude has been strategically resting for a while now so that he can continue playing. Which is a smart strategy if you still love the game and don't want to hang it up. Otherwise, he would of likely been injured a few seasons ago had he played through it without resting. The downside is, he cannot be your best player. You'll never be a contender if that is the case. He misses way too many games and is a liability on defense.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JwUKFan11
AD has been fantastic but he's not a Center and he's getting older. Only Jeannie Buss and crew would see him dominate for a championship with him playing PF and picking spots to be the 5 and then go away from that. He was great in New Orleans and wasted by a horrible franchise.

He's overly dramatic like most NBA star players but he's not soft on the court. He'll defend, rebound, score enough and don't get the bad weight comment-I mean he's 31....he's not going to look like he did at UK or early in his career. He played most games he's played in years, was extremely effective and due to the Lakers FO-the team around him/James sucked.

Anyone who thinks D-Lo is anything other then hot trash needs their heads examined. That run to WCF last year was fool's gold and the fact they are coached by a guy who makes Cal look like a strategic master is painful.
I agree with it all, espcially the last part. I think a lot of coaches get a LOT more out of that roster even with D-Lo(took me a few seconds to figure out who that was lol).

Huh? I thought we were talking about longevity, which is a holistic view. You're talking about seasons, and I am talking about age. Consistently sitting his ass down on the bench since he was 33 years old has significantly helped prolong his career. Let's not act like he's some sort of terminator. If he was, why the need for so much rest? You do comprehend that, right?

If you want to compare him to another great that has played a similar number of seasons, then I suggest looking at Kareem's season-by-season games played. Kareem didn't sit his ass on the bench the last seven years of his career so that when he did come into the game, he could average more points or do the things he was able to do at a younger age, he just played through it. The mindset was different.

Is LeBron fortunate to still be playing and to be effective at his age? Of course! But let's not exaggerate it like he's some sort of Terminator. The dude has been strategically resting for a while now so that he can continue playing. Which is a smart strategy if you still love the game and don't want to hang it up. Otherwise, he would of likely been injured a few seasons ago had he played through it without resting. The downside is, he cannot be your best player. You'll never be a contender if that is the case. He misses way too many games and is a liability on defense.
But he has been blessed with a remarkably sturdy body; he is 40 and pretty much has never sprained an ankle.

D
AD has been fantastic but he's not a Center and he's getting older. Only Jeannie Buss and crew would see him dominate for a championship with him playing PF and picking spots to be the 5 and then go away from that. He was great in New Orleans and wasted by a horrible franchise.

He's overly dramatic like most NBA star players but he's not soft on the court. He'll defend, rebound, score enough and don't get the bad weight comment-I mean he's 31....he's not going to look like he did at UK or early in his career. He played most games he's played in years, was extremely effective and due to the Lakers FO-the team around him/James sucked.

Anyone who thinks D-Lo is anything other then hot trash needs their heads examined. That run to WCF last year was fool's gold and the fact they are coached by a guy who makes Cal look like a strategic master is painful.
Agreed, DLo is awful. What the hell were they thinking bringing that clown back??

But he has been blessed with a remarkably sturdy body; he is 40 and pretty much has never sprained an ankle.
Compared to AD... yes. Kidding. A lot of players are sturdier than AD.

I believe LeBron is very conscious about how he rests his body. When he begins to feel sprains, pains, and aches, he doesn't push it to make it worse. Even if he could play through it, I assume he would prefer not to if he could.

Last edited:
I
Lebron and AD played well this year, but as stated earlier Russel isn't a winner(and they only took him to get rid of even worse salary) and the pieces don't fit.
I can't see why Lebron would finish his career for such a team so I could see him leaving and the Lakers deciding
on a total rebuild by sendind AD somewhere and making somebody take Russel and his bad salary to get AD.
It would be just like Lebron to run when the team is declining

Some say Jokic is gonna replace LBJ.

Some say Jokic is gonna replace LBJ.
Jokic is a fantastic player. Best in the NBA right now. Problem is he's a big man and that's not going to last. He's not capable of carrying the NBA. People take Lebron for granted in that aspect. He exceeded the hype and carried the NBA and in too many ways is still the face of the league in terms of what you want a franchise player to be--durable and reliable. He's capable of playing elite basketball for 25 yrs if he chooses but so many posers have come and gone...and we're waiting for the "it" guy. Edwards has a real chance to take that mantle and he's type who isn't going to wait. Don't be shocked if he gets to The Finals this year-I think they upset Denver this round in 6.

Jokic is a fantastic player. Best in the NBA right now. Problem is he's a big man and that's not going to last. He's not capable of carrying the NBA. People take Lebron for granted in that aspect. He exceeded the hype and carried the NBA and in too many ways is still the face of the league in terms of what you want a franchise player to be--durable and reliable. He's capable of playing elite basketball for 25 yrs if he chooses but so many posers have come and gone...and we're waiting for the "it" guy. Edwards has a real chance to take that mantle and he's type who isn't going to wait. Don't be shocked if he gets to The Finals this year-I think they upset Denver this round in 6.
I stopped watching the NBA in probably 2019. The game has totally went down the shitter. Too much offense. The game was at it's absolute peak from 2015-2019. The 2016 finals were fantastic.

and we're waiting for the "it" guy. Edwards has a real chance to take that mantle and he's type who isn't going to wait. Don't be shocked if he gets to The Finals this year-I think they upset Denver this round in 6.
Minnesota has made a surprising improvement this year. There does appear to be a correlation between their improved W/L record and Edwards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT