ADVERTISEMENT

AD been playing a little too long with Lebron James

I have not enjoyed ADs NBA career. He is soft, does not play hard, plays slow, and has put on too much bad weight. I thought he would be a better offensive Dwight Howard…run the floor, play above the rim, high flying blocks, etc.
He has had a good career, but other than his first few years, his style of play has been much less explosive as it should have been.

AD has been fantastic but he's not a Center and he's getting older. Only Jeannie Buss and crew would see him dominate for a championship with him playing PF and picking spots to be the 5 and then go away from that. He was great in New Orleans and wasted by a horrible franchise.

He's overly dramatic like most NBA star players but he's not soft on the court. He'll defend, rebound, score enough and don't get the bad weight comment-I mean he's 31....he's not going to look like he did at UK or early in his career. He played most games he's played in years, was extremely effective and due to the Lakers FO-the team around him/James sucked.

Anyone who thinks D-Lo is anything other then hot trash needs their heads examined. That run to WCF last year was fool's gold and the fact they are coached by a guy who makes Cal look like a strategic master is painful.

We all do well with someone else’s pain. You get hit in the right spot and it can hurt like a bitch. I don’t get the insinuation that he was faking or being overly dramatic. He was literally playing with just his right arm lol.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I have not enjoyed ADs NBA career. He is soft, does not play hard, plays slow, and has put on too much bad weight. I thought he would be a better offensive Dwight Howard…run the floor, play above the rim, high flying blocks, etc.
He has had a good career, but other than his first few years, his style of play has been much less explosive as it should have been.
AD has been fantastic, he just was always hurt. He still plays ridiculous defense and is a scoring and rebounding machine. He is the only reason the Lakers are even over .500 this year honestly. He carried them hard. LeBron is still good sometimes but he’s way too old to play a lot of minutes. He has little help outside old LeBron and Reeves. D-Lo is back to his old self scoring 6 a game.

Last edited:
As a Laker fan, I want AD to be put on the block and Lebron needs to go as well. Go get draft picks and rebuild. The Jeanie Buss era is hot garbage and she doesn't know WTF she's doing. Time to hit the re-set and let the boys run the show.

Pockets Ham being the HC the past 2 yrs is disgusting.
Weirdest NBA hire i've ever seen. WTF were his qualifications?

Last edited:
He was a top 5 player in the world from 2014-2019. Dude was putting up like 50, 20, 10 some nights. On a piss poor pelicans team that made the playoffs once and ran into the GSW.

As a Laker fan, I want AD to be put on the block and Lebron needs to go as well. Go get draft picks and rebuild. The Jeanie Buss era is hot garbage and she doesn't know WTF she's doing. Time to hit the re-set and let the boys run the show.

Instead, it's more like LeBron forces the Lakers to draft his son

It didn't look like much but when somebody falls down screaming in pain I tend to think they're in pain.
Unless it's a soccer game.
Yep.

Or a football player on defense because he’s gassed (because of the hurry up offense) at the end of the game.

Either one of those scenarios you don’t know if you have a broken leg or a “cramp”

Not quite getting the thread title.

When it comes to injuries, LeBron is one of the most indestructible players in sports history. It’s like the dude is made of iron. And, AD, unfortunately, has always been one of the most fragile. His body is comparatively made of glass.

I do think he "muscled up" more than his frame can handle, and that is why he is hurt so often.

I do think he "muscled up" more than his frame can handle, and that is why he is hurt so often.

Probably doesn’t have access to a proper diet and training regimen.

For the record, he was at or above career averages for most counting stats this year, and played the most games of his career at 76.

I’m not sure there’s ever been a more unappreciated NBA player than AD.

Don't pay much attention to the NBA, but was overjoyed to see the Lakers bow out again.

Just cannot stand LeBron. Great, great player. Hate the flopping, the bitching at the refs when he gets every call seemingly, rarely calls himself out for a loss, etc. F that guy.

Reactions: vernoncoy
Laker’s roster make up is horrendous. The parts don’t fit. Russell is terrible. Got to get another big. James is still good but appears to have stretches in every game were he is disconnected. Did I say Russell sucks. Doesn’t defend, block out or create for anybody but himself.

Probably doesn’t have access to a proper diet and training regimen.

For the record, he was at or above career averages for most counting stats this year, and played the most games of his career at 76.

I’m not sure there’s ever been a more unappreciated NBA player than AD.
I have to agree.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Lakers just need to blow this whole thing up and start all over. This team is not going to do anything. Too many whiney players, no leadership, it’s just not a well run team anymore. I’d clean house, hire me a team builder and go get some men to play. Embarrassing
Jeanie Buss doesn’t know how to run the franchise. Get her out of day to day operations would help a ton. Time for Rob Pelinka to go too IMO. He hasn’t done anything for years.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Lebron and AD played well this year, but as stated earlier Russel isn't a winner(and they only took him to get rid of even worse salary) and the pieces don't fit.
I can't see why Lebron would finish his career for such a team so I could see him leaving and the Lakers deciding
on a total rebuild by sendind AD somewhere and making somebody take Russel and his bad salary to get AD.

Lakers played the nuggets close this year and last season.

They aren't ever gonna be able to get over the top against them though.

Time for a rebuild. Good chance Boston remakes the all time titles lead again this season after lakers caught them n 2020.

Not quite getting the thread title.

When it comes to injuries, LeBron is one of the most indestructible players in sports history. It’s like the dude is made of iron. And, AD, unfortunately, has always been one of the most fragile. His body is comparatively made of glass.
Maybe AD should take a page out of LeBron's book. With the exception of this past season, LeBron has missed on average 32% of their games over the past 5 years. Essentially, he's been strategically resting since he was 34 years old. That has A LOT to do with his so-called longevity. The last time he played a full season, he was 33 years old.

Maybe AD should take a page out of LeBron's book. With the exception of this past season, LeBron has missed on average 32% of their games over the past 5 years. Essentially, since he was 34 years old, he's been strategically resting. That has A LOT to do with his so-called longevity.
Just an ignorant statement for a guy that basically missed 0 time in the first 16 years and went to the finals what 9 years straight so he played more games than any other player. "So called longevity"

You do realize that AD averaged 25/13/4/2 this year and will make All NBA. He is a future HOF as a PF playing C.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Just an ignorant statement for a guy that basically missed 0 time in the first 16 years and went to the finals what 9 years straight so he played more games than any other player. "So called longevity"
WTH are you talking about? LeBron has only played one full 82 game season his entire career. I suppose if it helps your narrative and prevents your turd cutter from being sore, we can include his 70+ games as a full season. Regardless, like I said, with the exception of this year, the guy hasn't played a full season since he was 33 years old. 33, dude!! I don't want to hear any bullsh*t about his longevity.

I think a lot of AD's injuries are the "curse" of his dramatic growth spurt. The "gift" side of his growth spurt is the crazy amount of money he has made. The man has a home valued at $40M.kinda

I think a lot of AD's injuries are the "curse" of his dramatic growth spurt. The "gift" side of his growth spurt is the crazy amount of money he has made. The man has a home valued at $40M.
Like Sam Bowie.

AD is one of the most fragile players out there. He could of been an all time great but seems to enjoy being on the injured list. He can't go a week without being hurt.

WTH are you talking about? LeBron has only played one full 82 game season his entire career. I suppose if it helps your narrative and prevents your turd cutter from being sore, we can include his 70+ games as a full season. Regardless, like I said, with the exception of this year, the guy hasn't played a full season since he was 33 years old. 33, dude!! I don't want to hear any bullsh*t about his longevity.
Quit being a hater.

Quit being a hater.
Angry Will Ferrell GIF

Lakers fan here too. Ham did not understand the assignment.

• Haha
Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT