ADVERTISEMENT

Abraham Lincoln on the Kentucky coaching dilemma...

You can take any pole you'd like, I never went with the crowd. (I KNOW right from wrong... I do not need any help in that area.) Most of the time now the majority is who's wrong. I will stand by my statements crowd or no crowd. No doubts...

You can think or consider why I'd do this... would I really take a chance on a gamble? You be the judge, I'll stick with MdW. (Whether I agree with him or not.)
I hope you two have fun sword fighting with each other. He’s a prick and a douchebag that constantly trashes our fans because he’s in love with calipari.

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight

You can take any pole you'd like, I never went with the crowd. (I KNOW right from wrong... I do not need any help in that area.) Most of the time now the majority is who's wrong. I will stand by my statements crowd or no crowd. No doubts...

You can think or consider why I'd do this... would I really take a chance on a gamble? You be the judge, I'll stick with MdW. (Whether I agree with him or not.)
Maybe someone should dig up Ulysses

They'd be wrong. No doubts..... (Speaking for a whole lot of people aren't you??? That speaks volumes as well.)

Oh, I do not agree with you...
I’ve seen him argue with a lot of people. That speaks volumes. Listen Barney, you and your prick boyfriend can do whatever you want. Don’t message me.

I will tell you something about Ulysses he drank alot and smoked alot when Ulysses was ripping through the south on the western side Abe took notice and realized he had found his man after Vicksburg because Ulysses was relentless and kept fighting when Abe was asked why he chose this Ill clad general to lead his army he said I can't spare this man he fights then when asked about his drinking Abe said send him and the rest of his generals the same whiskey he is drinking

MDWildcats might be a good dude in real life but there’s a reason he hasn’t shown his face around here since last Thursday. Cal is more than likely returning, so he gets to enjoy. Just like he disappeared during the 3 game losing streak but was victory lapping after UT.

He’s only here for the good. One good thing about checking out on UK basketball, is I won’t have to see his or JFCats22’s cupping Cal next season

I will tell you something about Ulysses he drank alot and smoked alot when Ulysses was ripping through the south on the western side Abe took notice and realized he had found his man after Vicksburg because Ulysses was relentless and kept fighting when Abe was asked why he chose this Ill clad general to lead his army he said I can't spare this man he fights then when asked about his drinking Abe said send him and the rest of his generals the same whiskey he is drinking
Grant first encountered Confederate gunfire in Columbia. Kentucky is lucky we never officially seceded like we were about to before Polk invaded. We would have been decimated.

Lincoln would have fired Calipari the same way he fired Meade after the battle of Gettysburg, and if you had been around in 1863, you likely would have said, "But Meade is the best we could get! Who else could have beaten Lee so soundly at Gettysburg!"

The goal was to win the war, not a mere battle. The goal was to crush Lee, not let his army escape back across the Potomac to continue the war for two more bloody years. Cal has become a coach who is content with winning battles that ultimately don't win the war, but only continue to give our rivals hope (just like Meade did after he had a chance to finish Lee off in Pennsylvania).

There's no way Lincoln would have tolerated Calipari's inept leadership style.

This thread works the opposite of what you intended it to.

Your grade: F
Meade sat on his ass, while Lee was trapped at a flooded Potomac and couldn't find a ford across.

If Meade had thrown four corp of infantry down Fairfield Road, Lee would have been crushed, the federal cavalry had already blocked any means of retreat.

Cal would equate more as Burnside...sat around all winter waiting for pontoons to cross a river which could have been forded 2 months prior a mile away, all while Lee entrenched and built impenetrable defenses, which Burnside attacked piece meal, one division at a time.

Meade sat on his ass, while Lee was trapped at a flooded Potomac and couldn't find a ford across.

If Meade had thrown four corp of infantry down Fairfield Road, Lee would have been crushed, the federal cavalry had already blocked any means of retreat.

Cal would equate more as Burnside...sat around all winter waiting for pontoons to cross a river which could have been forded 2 months prior a mile away, all while Lee entrenched and built impenetrable defenses, which Burnside attacked piece meal, one division at a time.

This.

And to be fair Meade technically stayed in command but Grant come in and essentially babysat him and took defacto command rest of war for the Army of the Potomac.

Cousin on my mom's family got captured by the union army. He was in the 47th NC and was providing cover. To the army while they forded across. Funnily enough his dad was a ardent unionist.

I could take losing to a strategic tactician like Lee. We, however, lost to this guy...
kampecoach.jpg
We didn't lose to him, 9Mil Calcant did.

Cousin on my mom's family got captured by the union army. He was in the 47th NC and was providing cover. To the army while they forded across. Funnily enough his dad was a ardent unionist.
I had relatives on both sides...Orphan Brigade of KY, a brigade in NC and another from VA...one was caught and sent to Johnson's Island and was paroled at the end of the war. Yankee side had a relative in 1st KY cavalry.

I had relatives on both sides...Orphan Brigade of KY, a brigade in NC and another from VA...one was caught and sent to Johnson's Island and was paroled at the end of the war. Yankee side had a relative in 1st KY cavalry.
Had 4 cousins (2nds and 1sts), 2 uncles, and a grand-father in the 6thKY CSA orphan brigade. My dad's family were in TN during the civil war. Can't find much on them. Mom's side split off to KY and NC after leaving VA. Had close cousins in NC that served, and one unionist cousin in KY.

I don't care what anyone says, UKBB fans are the only people that can turn college basketball into a discussion that includes the American Civil War.
04407u-edit_vert-87cd455222d82aef42c668d979f51baeda13d713-s1100-c50.jpg

Let's hope this stays a cold war but if cal is still coach next season UK fans will be forming posses and militias.

I think those are Lincoln”so exact words. 🤔
Little Napoleon - the best was the peninsula campaign where Magruders outgunned reb's marched around and around in circles for hours to fool him into believing they were outnumbered [laughing]

Then there's general order number 191, which gave Little Mac Lee's entire battle plan for Sharpsburg, and he still couldn't beat him.

Grant was a meat grinder, endless supply of immigrants straight off the boats and to their graves.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You are wrong but keep trying to represent like you are correct. (I would not call you wrong definitively if I was not sure.) I'm finished with this today. Going to work early.
I used to post in the d league for along time, but left after I seen how he acts on rafters. That’s why I don’t post there anymore. That nice guy act he puts on over there is fake. You think because he’s nice in the d league that he actually likes uk fans. Read his work in rafters and you’ll change your mind quick.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT