ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Judge hits 62nd home run of the season

I hope Judge doesn’t hit #62 and stays at 61 for the rest of the season. It seems as though ESPN/MLB has been trying to shove this down our throats and whitewash the steroid era. Listen, baseball is more fun to watch when guys are on roids and hitting 500 feet bombs.

Reactions: jrpross and _Mav_
Listen, baseball is more fun to watch when guys are on roids and hitting 500 feet bombs.
giphy.gif

Hopefully Judge can cap this season off with the triple crown. Luis Arraez sitting atop of the AL batting average at .315.

Cole set the Yankees single season strikeout record.

Hopefully mlb revisits the stroke era and erases those “records” now. No one in their right mind believes McGwire bonds Sosa hit those homers without doping. Time to clean the sport up or continue to watch it rot. This is a big opportunity for mlb and if they fail to seize upon it then I’m afraid mlb won’t last another 10 years

Hopefully mlb revisits the stroke era and erases those “records” now. No one in their right mind believes McGwire bonds Sosa hit those homers without doping. Time to clean the sport up or continue to watch it rot. This is a big opportunity for mlb and if they fail to seize upon it then I’m afraid mlb won’t last another 10 years

Don't forget Brady Anderson and his 50 HR season, lol.

Don't forget Brady Anderson and his 50 HR season, lol.
Well Matt Williams was on pace to break the record in the lead up to the strike. Was Williams juicing? Idk probably bc when mlb came back it was a free for all. I say wipe all the records for that era and petition for those that seem legit. No way should that era prevent future records from being broken. And put friggin Pete rose in the hof you losers who run mlb. They are running it into the ground

Reactions: jrpross and JLoad22
Roid boy homers don’t count. That’s called cheating.

If Judge hits one more, he is the new HR champ. Only with more are who, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire?? All roids, that's doesn't count.

And he’s not on PEDs and you know this how? I really like the dude but to say he’s not is a farce and silly for now.

Don't care if ppl are on roids...roids doesn't make eye hand coordination.

What did bonds get maybe one hitable pitch a game that was a mistake by the pitcher.

This. I mean he was literally intentionally walked with the bases loaded. He was so good people pretty much refused to throw a strike so he more or less hit those home runs on bad pitches. It's insane.

I really don't get the hype over judge's hrs. Yes it's obviously a story but it's only this level because he's a Yankee. No way ESPN is breaking into other live sporting events to show at bats that can put someone to 11th best. They would've for coach K but he's retired.

Well Matt Williams was on pace to break the record in the lead up to the strike. Was Williams juicing? Idk probably bc when mlb came back it was a free for all. I say wipe all the records for that era and petition for those that seem legit. No way should that era prevent future records from being broken. And put friggin Pete rose in the hof you losers who run mlb. They are running it into the ground
That’s the thing that pisses me off. What McGuire and co. did is a million times worse than Rose. I mean my god, he’s in his 4th decade of a ban for breaking the most arcane rule in the books.

I'm not condoning the steroid era but you have to remember that as many pitchers were caught juicing as hitters (or pretty close, anyway). So, if you're a .280 hitter with 25 HR power and, all of a sudden, some no-name pitcher you used to own is bringing it up there with an extra 3-5 mph and there are rumors he's 'enhanced' - what are you supposed to do? Take it and see your average, power and paycheck go down the drain? Or do you join the crowd and 'level the field' and, in the process, perhaps add some power so now you're a 35 HR guy?

I try to be as morally upright as possible but I know which of those choices I'm making, especially if I know some/many of my teammates are enhancing, also.

I would have enhanced the ever-loving f#%k out of myself, and then slept like a baby every night.

Reactions: roguemocha
That’s the thing that pisses me off. What McGuire and co. did is a million times worse than Rose. I mean my god, he’s in his 4th decade of a ban for breaking the most arcane rule in the books.
Plus, what Rose did changed nothing about his on-field performance. Steroids? Changed things on the field, I'd say. Put him in the HOF with an asterisk along with Bonds, Clemens, McGuire, maybe Palmeiro, etc. But Rose is the all-time hit leader in MLB history and way up on the list of doubles, runs scored, 200-hit seasons, etc. How does idiotic behavior as a manager change any of that?

Plus, what Rose did changed nothing about his on-field performance. Steroids? Changed things on the field, I'd say. Put him in the HOF with an asterisk along with Bonds, Clemens, McGuire, maybe Palmeiro, etc. But Rose is the all-time hit leader in MLB history and way up on the list of doubles, runs scored, 200-hit seasons, etc. How does idiotic behavior as a manager change any of that?
I agree on Rose. He deserves to be in as a player. I think if after the allegations of betting came out if he had just admitted to it and ask for forgiveness he would have been fine. He dug in on a lot of it and it really pissed off baseball.

Why the asterisks though? Guys have been using “greenies” aka meth and such since the 50-60s, is that okay? Please argue that, it means EVERYONE has been on “illegal” drugs for damn near 100 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT