ADVERTISEMENT

A player or coach you hated at one time but like now

Dan Dakich (never followed him as a player/coach but I used to despise him)
Bruce Pearl
Andre McGee
Bobby Hurley

My mind is going blank but I know there any many more
I suspect quite a few more will come to mind for me as well.

Early in my Wildcat fan career I hated Bernard King, but once he shucked his UT uni I was free to appreciate his greatness. Dude once scored 50 in back-to-back games with half his fingers taped together cause they were jammed.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I hated Deion Sanders when I was a kid because he played on the 49ers and they beat the Cowboys and he totally should have pass interference called when he held Michael Irvin during the playoffs.

Now I got nothing against him because I really don't care

At one point I hated Joakhim Noah more than any other athlete on the planet. He was tolerable for a while in the NBA.

JJ Reddick is another player I hated in college.

Anthony Davis is trending the opposite direction for me.

Reactions: d2atTech
Tom Brady for sure. I also root against the favorites unless they play for my teams, but when Brady led the Pats back against Atlanta I couldn't sports hate him any longer.

As a kid growing up in the 80's loved Magic Johnson and hated Larry Bird. Looking back and when choosing old games to watch, today I would rather watch Bird.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Bobby Knight. Once he left IU for TTU, I began admiring him.

Shaq. Could not stand him in college and NBA. Awesome gent now.

Tom Brady. Changed my opinion of him a few years ago from contempt to total respect.

Nope. Scored the game winning goal against USA in the Olympics. Should have never been allowed back in the country.

That also may have been the last hockey game I actually watched.

That goal is what changed my opinion of him.

Nope. Scored the game winning goal against USA in the Olympics. Should have never been allowed back in the country.

That also may have been the last hockey game I actually watched.

I think like 30 of the 35 million people in Canada watched that game. I was already living in Kentucky and was watching it at BW3 in Hamburg - talk about an awkward celebration.

Mike Tyson. The man is talented outside of the ring and has really reinvented himself.

Jack Nicklaus. Not hated but disliked. Missed seeing a lot of great golf with that attitude.

Bob Huggins
Dennis Rodman
Allan Houston
Latrell Sprewell
Tim Duncan - thought he was a whiner

You like Coach K??

Met and chatted w/ him at the Wynn last year. Was very cordial, asked questions about my life (work/family/etc) we chatted about hoops
and just a few general things. I may not like some of the things he does on the sidelines, but he gave me no reasons to dislike him off the court.

I hated Rory Sabbatini dating back to the 2000 PGA at Valhalla. He was an absolute dick. Come to think of it, he’s still a complete dick.

Reactions: bbonds
Bobby Knight. Once he left IU for TTU, I began admiring him.

Shaq. Could not stand him in college and NBA. Awesome gent now.

Tom Brady. Changed my opinion of him a few years ago from contempt to total respect.
WTF. Bob knight?

Bill Walton (Hated him at UCLA)
He's allowed me to see what the world looks like through a Drug-fried brain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT