ADVERTISEMENT

A healthy Bradshaw puts this UK team as the team to beat

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Think about it, we lose to #1 KU on neutral floor by 5 without all 3 of our 7 footers.
We become the best team in the country with Bradshaw as our 7 foot top 5 recruit C.

Everyone is chasing us starting Nov 24 v Marshall.

Heaven forbid that the Big Z gets cleared and Ugonna gets healthy.

We would be twice as good as anyone elae!

Go Big Blue!

I want him to play but I’m not sure Bradshaw is a difference maker, he takes minutes from Mitchell or Adouand he’s proven nothing other than hype.

We need a shot blocker/rim protector, so the other big man doesn't go 27/21 on us. We need a paint presence so we don't have to shoot 38 threes every game. Hopefully 1 or more of our seven 3-footers will provide those things :).

Many of you, complaining about no post presence, were the ones who didn't want Oscar back and didn't want Dickinson to come to UK. It's the same ones who complain about every aspect of UK basketball.

It's the same ones who complain when we don't shoot threes. And then complain when we shoot 36 and only hit 12. There is about 15 or so that need perma-mute.

Think about it, we lose to #1 KU on neutral floor by 5 without all 3 of our 7 footers.
We become the best team in the country with Bradshaw as our 7 foot top 5 recruit C.

Go Big Blue!
We have no idea how much impact Bradshaw will have. We haven't seen him play a single minute in college yet and you are just basing your regular opinion based on nothing but his high school play. I hope he does become a difference maker but let's wait before crowning us national champs before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: jjsomer
He helps Kentucky but Kentucky isn’t the team to beat, there a still a handful of teams better than Kentucky

Go Big Blue!
just can’t help yourself huh?!

Go Big Blue!
Assuming Kansas is the best team - I don't believe they are. But the point is fair.

We need a shot blocker/rim protector, so the other big man doesn't go 27/21 on us. We need a paint presence so we don't have to shoot 38 threes every game. Hopefully 1 or more of our seven 3-footers will provide those things :).
Seven 3-footers? wtf :oops:

lol, I knew what you meant.

Healthy AND if he's as good as billed and you might be right. If Bradshaw plays like the top5 recruit that he is, Kentucky is going to be very good. Kentucky would have a lot of nights where they have the best 3 or 4 players on the floor, and it would be a team like we had in 2017 or 2015 where we just out talent the competition.

He helps Kentucky but Kentucky isn’t the team to beat, there a still a handful of teams better than Kentucky

This is probably the sensible take, but I have a hard time seeing how Bradshaw and Big Z don't take this team to another level.

The shot blocking/rim protection alone is enough to take us to another level defensively, and added size and depth for a team that just outplayed the #1 team in America for 36 minutes.

Hard not to imagine that we don't win that game going away with a healthy Bradshaw and Big Z in the rotation.

Time will tell, but this team just feels....different. And I love it.

This. I agree with the other posters thought process of messing w style of play by taking minutes from 2 highly productive guys. But if Cal avoids playing 2 7footers together then here are still plenty of minutes for Thiero and Mitchell.

I just hope Cal reminds himself that AD took the 5th most shots on a title team and was drafted #1 overall. By that I mean, I hope we don’t try to force feed Bradshaw the ball and make his paint and midrange game a big part of the offense. Let him block shots, rebound, catch lobs, and the occasional pick and pop if he proves he can hit it

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
This is probably the sensible take, but I have a hard time seeing how Bradshaw and Big Z don't take this team to another level.

The shot blocking/rim protection alone is enough to take us to another level defensively, and added size and depth for a team that just outplayed the #1 team in America for 36 minutes.

Hard not to imagine that we don't win that game going away with a healthy Bradshaw and Big Z in the rotation.

I think they can be good no doubt, but I’m not gonna set myself up and say they are the best or even top 5 until I see a extended period of good play with Bradshaw and big z on the team

Reactions: jjsomer

Bradshaw is not a shot blocker or rebounder. He wants to play out on the floor and shoot 3 pointers. Something he has not done. Z may help with the block shots and rebounds.

I don't buy any hype on any of these guys until I see it with my own eyes.
They don't exactly have to be a generational talent. HD isn't a world beater (as he's not in the NBA yet and didnt' draw interest) but yet he's racking up points. Why? He's over 7 freaking feet. He did a layup on us and didn't even have to leave the floor. Bradshaw is reportedly better than him. You think the won't be effective by virtue of size alone?

They don't exactly have to be a generational talent. HD isn't a world beater (as he's not in the NBA yet and didnt' draw interest) but yet he's racking up points. Why? He's over 7 freaking feet. He did a layup on us and didn't even have to leave the floor. Bradshaw is reportedly better than him. You think the won't be effective by virtue of size alone?
I mean exactly what I said....I won't buy any hype. I've got to see it. I'm not saying I doubt him, or conversely think he'll be an AA. Just saying I'm a blank slate that will not be swayed until I see him on the court with my own two eyes.

I mean exactly what I said....I won't buy any hype. I've got to see it. I'm not saying I doubt him, or conversely think he'll be an AA. Just saying I'm a blank slate that will not be swayed until I see him on the court with my own two eyes.
I'm not saying he will be either. But HD sucks at defense...and 7 feet will get you points by virtue of size alone. We don't need any of the 7 footers to be phenomenal. Just need a tall freaking body out there to make shooting a little bit harder.

Reactions: CB3UK
Bradshaw is not a shot blocker or rebounder. He wants to play out on the floor and shoot 3 pointers. Something he has not done. Z may help with the block shots and rebounds.

Aaron Bradshaw is absolutely a rim protector. That is a really terrible take.

"Bradshaw is an elite rim protector that has a great combination of size, length and defensive instincts. Out of the top prospects in the draft, the Kentucky big man is the best interior defending prospect available. Not only does he have the tools to be a special rim protector, but he also has the feel and awareness to protect the rim right away. It would be a shocker if he didn’t average at least two blocks per game in his freshman season at Kentucky." -Sports Illustrated

"He will need to add weight, he has a thin base, but toughness is there along with elite natural rim protection instincts." Jamie Shaw, On3 Sports

"Bradshaw has elite tools for a developing modern day big with size, mobility, fluidity, multiple bounces, good hands, use of his left, signs of a budding jump hook, a high release in the lane, and a very soft touch that extends out to the arc
," 247Sports director of scouting Adam Finkelstein wrote about Bradshaw. "He's also one of the best rim protectors in the country." - CBS Sports

"A full-strength Bradshaw has always been intriguing because of his 7-foot-1 size, expanding shot-making skill and shot-blocking." - NBA.Com

I mean I could go on and on, but thinking that Aaron Bradshaw is not a bonafide rim protector is such a terrible take.

Reactions: University-6
I want him to play but I’m not sure Bradshaw is a difference maker, he takes minutes from Mitchell or Adouand he’s proven nothing other than hype.
I REALLY want Bradshaw to be GREAT, but I've been a bit underwhelmed by what I've seen from youtube videos on him. Lanky, not physical, and seems to be a below-average leaper, despite what I read above. I hope I'm wrong, but I've not seen bigtime elevation from him. I think he can shoot the ball, especially from the line, but not sure about how he'll do in the paint or on defense against older, more physical players. Hoping he is a big surprise to the upside and can make a huge difference for us. Fingers crossed ...

Here is a recent video ... see what you think:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT