ADVERTISEMENT

A few little tidbits I heard tonight on Youtube about UK practice and Shep and Dilly

I don't have a link because it was from more than one video, mostly KSR and maybe Locked on Kentucky but here goes:

Pope said the three players who have really stood out in practice so far are Carr, Butler, and Oweh. Maybe some of us penciled Brea into the starting 2 guard spot a bit too soon?

Minnesota apparently sent a good amount of cash in addition to the future draft picks for Dilly. The Minnesota front office really wanted Dilly and see him as the missing piece to get them into the finals.

Houston sees Sheppard as their future; they would have taken him at #1 if they'd had that pick and would have definitely traded down if Reed had gone in the top two picks. There was nobody else in the draft they wanted so I guess they see a higher side to him than the majority of UK fans. I agree with the Houston guys...

Makes sense about Dilly. Minny's defense is the top in the league this past year, but they really lacked a guy who could deliver offense, outside of Ant-Man.. So they knew a guy like Dilly was exactly what they needed. They traded a 1st round pick, and a pick swap, like 7 years from now.. Twolves see that the window to win isn't open very long. And a team with Ant-Man, Towns (probably has a few years left before he's moved) Gobert, and Dilly is going to be a real force. On top of those, they will have a pretty incredible bench with McDaniels, Naz Reid, Conley, etc.

That's wild to hear about Houston. Didn't know they would have taken Reed with their #1, but that tells you just how much potential he has. I wouldn't be shocked if he turns out to be the best player in this class (but I think it will be Dilly). This also means that they almost for sure aren't going to trade Reed, unless it something big for like KD.

So possible we see Butler, Oweh, Robinson, Carr, Williams starting with Kriisa, Brea, Almonor, Garrison, and whichever freshman wins some minutes backing up
Pope likes some offensive punch off the bench like he did with Jaxson last year. He'll probably let him start this year and use Brea in that role. Oweh might be underrated and is a beast of a dude. I think he starts

Butler
Oweh
Robinson
Carr
Williams

Brea, Kerr are the first subs.
Garrison will just about split time with Williams
Almonor will be Carr's backup.
1 freshman will try to crack some minutes. Not sure who. Might depend on the matchup. I think all could give some decent minutes this year.

Pope likes some offensive punch off the bench like he did with Jaxson last year. He'll probably let him start this year and use Brea in that role. Oweh might be underrated and is a beast of a dude. I think he starts

Butler
Oweh
Robinson
Carr
Williams

Brea, Kerr are the first subs.
Garrison will just about split time with Williams
Almonor will be Carr's backup.
1 freshman will try to crack some minutes. Not sure who. Might depend on the matchup. I think all could give some decent minutes this year.
Perry and Noah must hit open shots to be in any game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT