ADVERTISEMENT

A few little tidbits I heard tonight on Youtube about UK practice and Shep and Dilly

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
I don't have a link because it was from more than one video, mostly KSR and maybe Locked on Kentucky but here goes:

Pope said the three players who have really stood out in practice so far are Carr, Butler, and Oweh. Maybe some of us penciled Brea into the starting 2 guard spot a bit too soon?

Minnesota apparently sent a good amount of cash in addition to the future draft picks for Dilly. The Minnesota front office really wanted Dilly and see him as the missing piece to get them into the finals.

Houston sees Sheppard as their future; they would have taken him at #1 if they'd had that pick and would have definitely traded down if Reed had gone in the top two picks. There was nobody else in the draft they wanted so I guess they see a higher side to him than the majority of UK fans. I agree with the Houston guys...

Last edited:
Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

I don't a link because it was from more than one video, mostly KSR and maybe Locked on Kentucky but here goes:

Pope said the three players who have really stood out in practice so far are Carr, Butler, and Oweh. Maybe some of us penciled Brea into the starting 2 guard spot a bit too soon?

Minnesota apparently sent a good amount of cash in addition to the future draft picks for Dilly. The Minnesota front office really wanted Dilly and see him as the missing piece to get them into the finals.

Houston sees Sheppard as their future; they would have taken him at #1 if they'd had that pick and would have definitely traded down if Reed had gone in the top two picks. There was nobody else in the draft they wanted so I guess they see a higher side to him than the majority of UK fans. I agree with the Houston guys...
Just a guess … those three (3) play good defense in practice and Pope singles them out for it.

Last edited:
So possible we see Butler, Oweh, Robinson, Carr, Williams starting with Kriisa, Brea, Almonor, Garrison, and whichever freshman wins some minutes backing up
That wouldn't surprise me; it's definitely the lineup we'll see when we need a defensive stop. When we have to have a basket or the other team has to foul I'd expect to see Carr move to center and Kriisa and Brea in...

If games go how we want we'll have our firepower in early and our stopper in late to prevent comebacks. Obviously motors, player development, and matchups will affect that. Pope has built probably the most platoon-worthy team ever so I can't see it mattering too awful much who starts anyway.

I think it's Butler, Oweh, Robinson, Carr and Williams start. The 3 best defenders(Butler/Oweh/Williams) and our best outside scorer(Robinson) along with our best inside scorer(Carr). Kriisa will come in for the 1-2, Brea the 2-3, Almoror the 4, Garrison the 5 and Chandler getting some run at the 2-3. 10 man rotation with certain situations and matchups Perry at the 1-2 and Noah 2-3.

It really fits good on paper if u look at it like this.
PG- Butler 6-2 204 SSR/Kriisa 6-3 190 SSR/Perry 6-1 178 FR
SG- Oweh 6-4 208 JR/Chandler 6-5 187 FR
SF- Robinson 6-6 191 SSR/Brea 6-7 206 SSR/Noah 6-5 209 FR
PF- Carr 6-11 227 SSR/Almoror 6-7 232 SR
C- Williams 7-0 265 SSR/Garrison 6-10 245 SO

I think it's Butler, Oweh, Robinson, Carr and Williams start. The 3 best defenders(Butler/Oweh/Williams) and our best outside scorer(Robinson) along with our best inside scorer(Carr). Kriisa will come in for the 1-2, Brea the 2-3, Almoror the 4, Garrison the 5 and Chandler getting some run at the 2-3. 10 man rotation with certain situations and matchups Perry at the 1-2 and Noah 2-3.

Like this, my only difference of opinion would be I see Noah as more a 3/smallball 4 rather than 2/3.

Reactions: ukfan1622
So possible we see Butler, Oweh, Robinson, Carr, Williams starting with Kriisa, Brea, Almonor, Garrison, and whichever freshman wins some minutes backing up
I believe Owen is the most athletic on the team and possibly the best player.

Is Williams actually 7ft? He doesn't look as tall as Carr.

Cal will see how Pope does things and say

John Calipari Reaction GIF by SB Nation

You’ll know if Calipari thinks he’s got a good shot at losing to Pope. He’ll pull a Rick Barnes and suddenly become best friends to create a perception that he doesn’t even care about a stupid ole basketball game! That’s my buddy! Always laughed when the original statement from Barnes was like “ I really don’t even know him well” when asked about the relationship because cal had built him up lol.

If anyone remembers Calipari before UK, he never did this with any coaches he would own. He made it clear in a slick way guys like Chronin he was gonna curb stomp.

I figure we will see a lot of different starting lineups throughout the early part of the year as Pope experiments to find the perfect lineup. Since he leans heavily on analytics, this will help him gather data to optimize his rotation.

I will stick with my original prediction that by March this will be our starting lineup:

G Butler
G Oweh
G Robinson
F Carr
F Williams

Best defensive lineup on paper. Butler is a dawg on defense. Best on ball defender we could have gotten. Oweh is another defensive beast. Then you have Robinson, who was one of the best defenders, if not the best defender, for BYU. We should really be able to put pressure on the perimeter. Carr is also a good defender and Williams is an incredible rim protector. All bases should be covered defensively when this lineup is out there.

Offensively, should be pretty strong as well. We are going to play out of the post. Williams is a good post presence and is great at passing out of the post, Robinson as the first perimeter option, Carr as second perimeter option, Oweh as the fourth.

Early on in the season, maybe the first few games, I expect to see Butler and Kriisa together a lot in the backcourt. That gives us two very good ball handlers and passers in the backcourt. So I think Kriisa starts at the 2 a lot early in the season before Oweh eventually moves in to that starting spot. I think Kriisa will still get starting minutes, though.

I see Garrison splitting time pretty evenly with Williams at the 5. Brea probably gets good minutes at the 2 and 3. Almonor spells Carr at the 4. Chandler probably gets the most out of the Freshmen, but late in the season I think Pope leans heavily on the 9 veterans. This will allows him to give all 9 plenty of minutes.

I think the postseason rotation will look something like this:

G Butler(26)/Kriisa(14)
G Oweh(21)/Brea(12)/Kriisa(7)
G Robinson(26)/Brea(9)/Chandler(5)
F Carr(26)/Almonor(14)
F Williams(21)/Garrison(19)

wgn-tv chicago GIF by WGN Morning News

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

.......... this is a raftard board full of filth ............

You're not a UK fan. No matter how many accounts you try to create, no matter how many voices you try to adopt, you will always be a Cal Nut Sack Hanger On. I'm definitely female, and you can't prove otherwise. I also did attend UK (didn't graduate there), I have numerous family who graduated there (they work in the law and engineering fields). I'm also a die-hard UK fan, my emotions are all over the place in every game, and I take losses to heart and my days are uplifted when we win. Additionally, your vocabulary is limited to things like "raftard", "weirdo", "loser". You've created so many accounts here, soon you'll be asking Pat if you can buy a consonant.

Reactions: deep3
Sorry dude, I’m a Kentucky fan, I don’t trash Kentucky players every day. I support Kentucky guys when they leave too, they’re not dead to me like they are you. I don’t want to tell recruits to kick rocks when they say UK is their dream school. LOL at our board, this is a raftard board full of filth like you who provide nothing to UK, you just run your mouth tearing down UK guys.

Also you’re a dude pretending to be a woman. You never even attended UK freaking weirdo, you’re a loser in life who uses UK for you entertainment. You’re not a real fan, never confuse yourself with one.
Would you call yourself saying someone is a loser, irony or hypocrisy?

Thread title is a little click-baity. Kinda reads like there is something revealed about UK practices when Reed and Rob were here.
Well, I have to disagree; the "and" after "about about practice" implies separate news about Shep and Dilly.

I defended you before but now I'm wondering if you are just a troll...nobody but you thought it was a misleading title, intentional or otherwise.

Well, I have to disagree; the "and" after "about about practice" implies separate news about Shep and Dilly.

I defended you before but now I'm wondering if you are just a troll...nobody but you thought it was a misleading title, intentional or otherwise.
Misunderstanding doesn't make someone a troll, and anyone who is so quick to turn on others as you are, is questionable in its own right. Have a wonderful day :)

Misunderstanding doesn't make someone a troll, and anyone who is so quick to turn on others as you are, is questionable in its own right. Have a wonderful day :)
Now I know you are a troll and I won't have to see your face anymore since I just put you on ignore.

It is crazy how everything turns into bickering about who is the troll. If the thread is more than 1 page long, there is a good chance people are “trolling” each other.
I admit that I am thin skinned when it comes to bad manners; some might even call me a hothead. (When I say "some" I really mean "most".) I mean, really, is there any doubt that poster's "clickbaity" post was a case of "I can't find anything else negative to say about your post so..."? If somebody makes the type of comments that would make them unwelcome at my home, I have come to believe my peace of mind is better served by getting in the last word right after putting them on ignore.

I admit that I am thin skinned when it comes to bad manners; some might even call me a hothead. (When I say "some" I really mean "most".) I mean, really, is there any doubt that poster's "clickbaity" post was a case of "I can't find anything else negative to say about your post so..."? If somebody makes the type of comments that would make them unwelcome at my home, I have come to believe my peace of mind is better served by getting in the last word right after putting them on ignore.
I wasn’t pointing that at you specifically, more about the board itself. Talking is the best way to diffuse most situations. Disagreement is natural, but just because it is anonymous, doesn’t mean we have to be a$$h0le$ to each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT