ADVERTISEMENT

8 Quarters without a TD

UT has a coach that knows offense and a fanbase that bleeds NIL to buy players like their QB. UK isn't close to UT.
So if Vandagriff was the UT quarterback he would be putting up Nico’s numbers? I think Brock is capable of being better with more game experience and better OL pass blocking but he is probably never going to be considered a stud college QB.

No touchdowns in 8 quarters is unacceptable by anyone's standard.The real question is do we have the coaching to fix it. Personnel maybe,coaching not so promising. Still think this team can improve enough to go 6-6. 2 more tomato cans, Vandy,Florida and Auburn could be Ws as could U of L

Reactions: RunninRichie
No touchdowns in 8 quarters is unacceptable by anyone's standard.The real question is do we have the coaching to fix it. Personnel maybe,coaching not so promising. Still think this team can improve enough to go 6-6. 2 more tomato cans, Vandy,Florida and Auburn could be Ws as could U of L
I think 7-5 is possible maybe even likely largely due to the defense. But they've GOT to get the offense fixed, the potential is there. Most of the Ds they have remaining won't match what they've seen. Hopefully they'll get Chip/Patterson back soon, Demi is a good college football player, Wilcox shows nice potential. Hoping BV gets more comfortable as the season progresses. And, of course, need continued OL improvement. That's a path to 7-5 which for this team would be about the best they can do IMO.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You have the number 1 team on the ropes. You make no effort for a play before halftime and then punt it with 3 minutes left in the game at midfield. Terrible in game decisions. No killer instinct. No will to take risks.

Iowa football at UK from the 80s. That's who he is.
He’s been that guy since 2013 and he’s not changing….

Reactions: ManitouDan
8 freaking quarters ?? Sounds like Stoops in a nutshell . Good D , terrible O .. where’s Bowden :(

Conservative coaching, poor OLine play and overrated receivers. It’s not changing anytime soon.

I expect blowouts against Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas. So there’s 5 losses.

I predicted 6-6 year and I’m having trouble seeing where the wins are going to come from.

Next year will be the same unless there is a coaching change.

It's odd to me that our receivers look slow & cannot separate. Key & Brown both looked faster as Freshmen. That's odd to me!

It's odd to me that our receivers look slow & cannot separate. Key & Brown both looked faster as Freshmen. That's odd to me!
No I don’t know this 100% , but I predicted some athletes get 100-200K or more in NIL there isn’t much motivation to improve . Why bust ass when you drive an awesome car , have all the ladies , and get treated like a total star everywhere you go , even when the results sucks .

It’s the playbook and Brock. He is missing wide open receivers and the old playbook was much harder to defend. There is absolutely zero effectiveness with the play action with this playbook. Partly because the run game isn’t too great and play fakes aren’t fooling anybody

Reactions: gracetoyou
Well Coen for his faults...was a masterful red zone play caller and coached up execution. He had plays in his bag that were high percentage we'd convert and get those tough 5 yards to get a score.....Bush/Scangerello obviously aren't nearly as precise in those situations as coaches.

Its even more clear that our OL is not as good as we were led to believe.... He had very little time to process anything but a quick slant, etc.
True but but he is still missing wide open guys. He scrambled 12 yards on one play which is great except Farrier was standing there at 16 yards without a man around him. He is not seeing the field which is putting strain on the OL.

So if Vandagriff was the UT quarterback he would be putting up Nico’s numbers? I think Brock is capable of being better with more game experience and better OL pass blocking but he is probably never going to be considered a stud college QB.

No, I was saying UT can get a way better quality of qb than UK. I think Brock would put up solid stats at UT but not like that Nico guy.

No head coach in the country would have gone for a fourth-and-8 near the middle of the field with 3+ minutes on the clock and three timeouts and all you need to win the game is a FG.
It depends, throwing it away 3 plays before and I agree. However, if Stoop’s had pounded the ball running 3 plays prior moving the chains and making it a bit less then yeah you go for it. I think he wasted that possession. They were moving the chains good before that.

That Nico guy better be good, he's costing them $8M of the $25M they've spent on their team.

It's definitely a gamble to put 1/3 of budget into one player. Their schedule doesn't impress me at all this season so not sure how manu games they are gonna lose.

No, I was saying UT can get a way better quality of qb than UK. I think Brock would put up solid stats at UT but not like that Nico guy.
I was just mentioning Nico because he has 4 college starts now and Brock has 3 so not sure that metric really means much. I guess I am pissed that we put this season, with a really stout defense, on the line with a completely unproven QB. With the roster we have I don’t know why you don’t go all in on a proven college QB.

Who were you talking to? Our QB was a total unknown. Never started a game. That always had me worried. But who would have guessed the line had such problems? I did like the receivers though. Still do
One play that I recall Brock was getting pressured, rolled to the right and all the receivers just stood there and didn’t try to come back to the ball or roll with him to get open. It’s easy to cover someone who isn’t moving. he had to chuck it out of bounds because nobody was open. .

It’s clear that Brock isn’t as good as we were led to believe.
He does not seem to see options very well but that may be the offensive line that's okay our tight ends can block like hell that's the main thing God forbid we scheme them with a route run stoops productivity with our tight ends nonexistent grind baby grind motto bring back Eddie gran

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT