ADVERTISEMENT

8 of UKs next 15 games are v team’s currently ranked

Lotta road games early as well. FIVE of our next 8 including KU on the road.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That’s one hell of a tough schedule and it doesn’t get any easier after the KU game. Got road games at Bama and UT. Jeez
We better win our home games and try like hell to steal one or two on the road against ranked teams.
Need to make sure we beat the bad teams like UGA, Vandy and Ole miss too.

For those who bitch about the competition it's about to get real.The SEC is going to beat the hell out of each other this season.I wouldnt be shocked if the regular season winner has 7 losses...and thing is we could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th and still make a deep run in the dance.
Gonna be some tough games ahead.

Define “good”

UNC was 9-2. Ohio was a veteran team.
WKU demolished UofL.

Have we beat any great teams? Not yet. But we’re about to
Top 25 type teams, even if the bottom half. We do not have a FF caliber resume at the moment and that's the standard here.

Not saying we aren't a great team, I'm just saying you can't tell for sure until we actually beat somebody. I think we will, but we haven't yet. We have a bad loss and no good wins.

UNC "could" end up as a good win, but they are bad so far. We will find out who we are in January though.

Reactions: blue woman
For those who bitch about the competition it's about to get real.The SEC is going to beat the hell out of each other this season.I wouldnt be shocked if the regular season winner has 7 losses...and thing is we could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th and still make a deep run in the dance.
Gonna be some tough games ahead.
I would be ecstatic if we only lose 4 conference games. That's the ceiling imo. Your right though, 5-8 isn't out of the question. Could still be a top 25 caliber team too.

Reactions: Catfan2226
I've got a sneaky suspicion the Notre Dame game will not look as bad at the end of the season as it has so far. I mean, they ARE in a down ACC this year, correct?

As far as the remainder of the schedule, January will be tough, February is a brutally tough as it gets schedule this year. But we knew that going in.

Our Cats' need to intensely focus and bring the energy, out WORK these teams on their own home court and stay mentally tough, hit the free throws, and simply do what they know they can do. They gonna' be alright.

I'm convinced the key to this team winning is to outwork, bring more energy, do the little things they already are great at - and maybe value each possession to cut down on the turnovers a little bit more ??? (forced, and especially the UNforced) They're driving me crazy. More this year than anything, and I dunno why

It takes extreme mental toughness to go into these SEC road games where they want BLOOD and the HATE is so palpable, you can cut it with a knife. I want to see that pure toughness no matter what.

Define “good”

UNC was 9-2. Ohio was a veteran team.
WKU demolished UofL.

Have we beat any great teams? Not yet. But we’re about to
Still not good teams. UNC was 1-2 against top 25 teams coming into our matchup. Their one win against a top 25 was Michigan who is 2 games over .500. The rest were cupcakes like ours. We've played one good team this season in Duke. We lost.

The good thing is we'll have plenty of opportunities to rack up quality wins the rest of the season. We're a good team if Cal doesn't let us have our usual SEC season stinkers and lose a mid-week matchup to an awful team. Fortunately this year we have two players in Oscar and Wheeler who do not take games off. That should keep us from losing to inferior competition.

We may lose 2 games in the conference.
I hope your right but we have a very tough road schedule in SEC play...LSU,Auburn,Alabama,Tennessee,
Arkansas and Florida will all be wars.Plus we can expect shirt night at Texas AM,Vanderbilt and South Carolina...Its a tough road.

Reactions: oldsports_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT