ADVERTISEMENT

#6 Ole Miss is the highest ranked SEC opponent (on school’s campus) UK has ever defeated on the road

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Ummmm thats 91 yrs of football circa 1933.

Bear Bryant never did it, only your whipping boy Stoops.

Next detractor step on up or stand down.

Your choice.

Nighty nite.

[smoke]

I do know we beat #1 Ole Miss on the road in 1964. Cats had a pretty good team that year (QB Rick Norton, RB Roger Bird, etc.). Mississippi had the pre-season #1 ranking, but it was probably undeserved as their season wasn't a success.

No. 1 Ole Miss (Sept. 26, 1964)

Kentucky earned an early upset of the nation’s No. 1-ranked team in the second week of the 1964 season. With a 27-21 win in Jackson, Mississippi, Kentucky knocked the Rebels’ season off the rails. Despite opening the season at No. 1, Ole Miss finished it at 5-5-1 with a loss to Rice in the Bluebonnet Bowl.

I do know we beat #1 Ole Miss on the road in 1964. Cats had a pretty good team that year (QB Rick Norton, RB Roger Bird, etc.). Mississippi had the pre-season #1 ranking, but it was probably undeserved as their season wasn't a success.

No. 1 Ole Miss (Sept. 26, 1964)

Kentucky earned an early upset of the nation’s No. 1-ranked team in the second week of the 1964 season. With a 27-21 win in Jackson, Mississippi, Kentucky knocked the Rebels’ season off the rails. Despite opening the season at No. 1, Ole Miss finished it at 5-5-1 with a loss to Rice in the Bluebonnet Bowl.
You are correct and I fixed it to say on school’s campus; which is what happened.

Yeah, the 1964 game was in Jackson. Hardly a neutral venue, but not in Oxford.

Good catch, HH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT