ADVERTISEMENT

5-Star Dillingham Prediction for UK & Patrick Baldwin Jr. Rumor

WTH was elite about Andrew Harrison? He was big, but he was also a bit slower, wasn't a particularly strong shooter or assist man. He didn't seem to have the highest basketball IQ either. He was avg defensively.
You just described the reasons why the NBA didn’t want him, but at the college level, he was elite.

He took UK to two straight final fours, he was the lead pg on both those teams, he damn sure was elite.

You just described the reasons why the NBA didn’t want him, but at the college level, he was elite.

He took UK to two straight final fours, he was the lead pg on both those teams, he damn sure was elite.
So he was elite without being elite at anything?

Andrew Harrison had his arm dislocated in the KSU in 13. He wasn't even that effective most of the tournament. Randle is who led the team to the F4 aided by clutch shooting from Aasron.

In 2014 it was Andrew who pretty much played us out of the F4. He was on a loaded team with Bookers, Towns, WCS, Ulis, Lyles, Johnson, Lee and his brother Aaron. Yet we still came up short with Andrew.

Now, don't get me wrong...I loved the Harrison twins, but elite is definitely not a term I would use to describe either one except for Aarons clutch tournament shooting.

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck

Andrew Harrison had his arm dislocated in the KSU in 13. He wasn't even that effective most of the tournament. Randle is who led the team to the F4 aided by clutch shooting from Aasron.

In 2014 it was Andrew who pretty much played us out of the F4. He was on a loaded team with Bookers, Towns, WCS, Ulis, Lyles, Johnson, Lee and his brother Aaron. Yet we still came up short with Andrew.

Now, don't get me wrong...I loved the Harrison twins, but elite is definitely not a term I would use to describe either one except for Aarons clutch tournament shooting.

They are what I would consider clutch players more than elite.

Reactions: AthleticCat

He was one of the best pg's in college both years he played here. He certainly was elite, not DeArron Fox elite, but he was certainly an elite college pg and you're reaching quite far to make it seem like he did nothing in those two final 4 runs, which is odd, since he ran the team during both runs.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Listen dude .. I'm not going to quit calling out people who want to keep Cal . Fans who think a new recruit or 2 or the hottest transfer from the MEAC OR the PEAC or the SEAC is going to change a damn thing .. so put me on ignore if you dont like it, because I'm not backing down to sad passive aggressive posting .
This is embarrassing. No passive aggressiveness here. Embarrassing. This board is just becoming a circle jerk of Cal haters, where we can’t even read about potential roster moves, news, etc without some crazy ass jumping in with yet another “won’t matter, Cal is the coach” variation.

Find another thread where you can form a circle with your buddies and start jerking.

This is embarrassing. No passive aggressiveness here. Embarrassing. This board is just becoming a circle jerk of Cal haters, where we can’t even read about potential roster moves, news, etc without some crazy ass jumping in with yet another “won’t matter, Cal is the coach” variation.

Find another thread where you can form a circle with your buddies and start jerking.
If the truth offends you thats your issue . Until the guy is gone nothing much else does matter , because every year will end in frustration and failing to meet general expectations from most reasonable fans .

You know, if Cal and staff could somehow manage to add Dillingham and Baldwin to the class featuring Wallace and Livingston, keep Sharpe from going pro, and somehow manage to bring back big Oscar and possibly TyTy, Cal would have the most elite talent on the roster at one time than he's had in a very long time. If he couldn't win 30 games and make a final four with that roster, he might as well just retire. I know that's a lot of "ifs" and I'm not counting on all of that actually panning out. But it is within the realm of being possible. As bleak as things feel right now, we could still end up with a loaded squad next season. And at that point it becomes do or die time for Cal. There won't be any excuses if he fails with a group like that.
That last sentence .. " it becomes do or die " why isnt do or die now ? The results from the past 6 years ( esp the last 2 , all the evidence is clear , but some appear to have the mindset he just needs more players or more time .. do you think its past time for results ? not wishful thinking ?

• Sad
Reactions: vernoncoy
That last sentence .. " it becomes do or die " why isnt do or die now ? The results from the past 6 years ( esp the last 2 , all the evidence is clear , but some appear to have the mindset he just needs more players or more time .. do you think its past time for results ? not wishful thinking ?
Last 6 years cannot be just whitewashed into a convenient “failure” bucket.
2017 was an Elite 8 team who lost at the buzzer to eventual champs.
2019 was an Elite 8 team who lost in OT.
2020 was an SEC champ with best backcourt in the country and was primed to make a deep run.
Last year absolutely sucked. This year was good to very good until the end obviously.

To whitewash those years in one crap bucket is highly misleading and way too black and white. No one is happy with where the program is right now after worst season ever followed by worst tourney loss ever, but Cal has more than earned a chance to correct this. Even outside of “earning” it through the goodwill he has built, I still believe he is the best option to lead this program out of any realistic options.

The C3 defenders are acting like UK has a super team coming in next season! On paper (as of now), it’s shaping up to be Cal’s least talented team since he’s been at UK. That’s not how you silence the critics. Good luck
When it comes to putting together a roster and having them ready to go by October 15th, I’ll take my chances with Calipari and this staff.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
2020 was an SEC champ with best backcourt in the country and was primed to make a deep run.
Last year absolutely sucked. This year was good to very good until the end obviously.

To whitewash those years in one crap bucket is highly misleading and way too black and white. No one is happy with where the program is right now after worst season ever followed by worst tourney loss ever, but Cal has more than earned a chance to correct this. Even outside of “earning” it through the goodwill he has built, I still believe he is the best option to lead this program out of any realistic options.

People did the same thing for Tubby. 2003 and 2005 were very good teams/seasons overall, but came up short in the Elite 8, just like 2017 and 2019. I would compare 2022 UK with 2004 UK...exception being 04 won a game and lost to UAB in 2nd round. They were both teams that were not really that talented but had good records, but came up short quick in the NCAA. I am not comparing the losses as that UAB team is way better than St. Peters and way less embarrassing a loss, but I see similarities in those to some of Cal's recent years.

I have said on other threads that even if we beat Auburn in 2019, nothing right now would be different unless we had won the title in 2019 (no one was beating UVA that year...they had a golden horseshoe up their ass after losing to a 16 year before). The reason for that is because 9-16 is never acceptable at UK and losing to a 15 seed is not acceptable. I don't care if it happened to Duke and K...no reason we should have lost that game even as bad as our team and coach played/coached.

I would say of the last 7 seasons the 3 you mentioned were pretty good years, although 2019 especially was a disappointing outcome. 2016 and 2018 were solid years, but nothing special and 2018 blew a chance to make the Final Four (no chance at beating Michigan or Nova IMO) but should have made it. I think people look at Cal and say not only can he not win another title (I agree with them) but now he cannot even make the Final Four. 2018 and 2019 end of seasons broke UK fans...broke my confidence in Cal. I think 2020 probably flames out in Sweet 16, but we will never know.

Regardless, time for Cal to go.

I just think this staff, especially with Antigua back, can really, truly identify the baggage and decide if it's real, and/or if it's worth it.

And I don't think you are going to see us "miss" on top recruits going forward like in recent years.

Since O and Chin came aboard, we have landed 3 top-8 players (Sharpe, Wallace and Livingston), and a lot more to come.

Sucks the way this season ended but I actually think we're on the right track since the staff changes last year
yea, they got 3 1 of which will probably never play @ UK, but let's not forget, they also lost Lively & Bona

He and his brother also played too much in that game and were gassed at the end of it! They might not have got those shot clock violations if thy had played less minutes
if they were gassed another reason to get the ball inside to KAT
if they were gassed another example of poor coaching not to see that

Reactions: vernoncoy
Main culprit in someone's eyes that don't know what they're watching. We would have been down by 20 in the first half if not for Andrew Harrison. He kept us in that game
maybe you ought to rewatch the end of the game after :UK finally got the lead
the twins played keep away from KAT & had shot clock violations & air balls to let Wi regain the lead
maybe you don't know what you are watching

thats a fair answer , thanks .. I dont think we were primed to make a run with an VERY unstable Hagans at the PG , and losing to KSU and Auburn w/o their best player just cant be seen as positives . Those were bad failures IMO .

yea, they got 3 1 of which will probably never play @ UK, but let's not forget, they also lost Lively & Bona

Sure but this new staff had a lot of ground to make up in 4 or 5 months, vs. Duke's and UCLAs staff who have been on them for 2 years.

And we STILL almost got them.

And that won't matter much if Oscar comes back (still hoping)

If we make the elite 8, maybe they can give Cal an “after-life” contract as well, so someone in his family can take over once he passes
Maybe you or someone in your family could post something positive. Probably not.

Sure but this new staff had a lot of ground to make up in 4 or 5 months, vs. Duke's and UCLAs staff who have been on them for 2 years.

And we STILL almost got them.

And that won't matter much if Oscar comes back (still hoping)
but wasn't the talk that Bona wanted to commit, but Cal wanted him to wait, but he didn't want to be a 2nd fiddle

If Bona was so turned off by the attention given to Lively then he definitely did not have the mental fortitude to play at a place like Kentucky. You have to compete and earn your minutes at UK. I'm sure he feels no pressure to earn PT at ucla. I'm sure Cronin blew so much smoke up his ass that he feels like an African mary poppins

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
If Bona was so turned off by the attention given to Lively then he definitely did not have the mental fortitude to play at a place like Kentucky. You have to compete and earn your minutes at UK. I'm sure he feels no pressure to earn PT at ucla. I'm sure Cronin blew so much smoke up his ass that he feels like an African mary poppins
What did Boston,Askew and Brooks do to earn their minutes?

Jonathan are u thinking it will be Wallace or are you hearing that we are in on a good transfer?
I have no insider info. But even Cal could see 4v5 not work. Wallace may be given a chance like SGA, but I think we will add a transfer PG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT