ADVERTISEMENT

5-Star Dillingham Prediction for UK & Patrick Baldwin Jr. Rumor

Like Marquis Teague?
Teague could get to the rim at will which is one of the things I said Cal needed. He also finished at a much high clip than Wheeler and shot 40% from 3 in the tournament (and I’ve been a Wheeler defender all year but Teague was an elite college PG the last third of the season).

Teague was also surrounded by the #1 and #2 picks and multiple other NBA players. We don’t get that mass collection of lotto picks anymore. So if your point is Cal needs a starting 5 full of first rounders or an Elite PG then sure.

Point is, his offensive strategy is based on a PG that can attack the rim successfully. The Twins and Teague both did that very well.

I just think this staff, especially with Antigua back, can really, truly identify the baggage and decide if it's real, and/or if it's worth it.

And I don't think you are going to see us "miss" on top recruits going forward like in recent years.

Since O and Chin came aboard, we have landed 3 top-8 players (Sharpe, Wallace and Livingston), and a lot more to come.

Sucks the way this season ended but I actually think we're on the right track since the staff changes last year
You are actually counting Sharpe?LOL

don't forget that the twins were the main culprits in giving up the lead in the Wi game with clock violations and air balls instead of getting the ball inside to KAT, but then again a decent coach would have made sure the ball went to KAT
Main culprit in someone's eyes that don't know what they're watching. We would have been down by 20 in the first half if not for Andrew Harrison. He kept us in that game

Reactions: ukfan041
Not counting on Tshiebwe or Sharpe returning.

If we could get them back, and add Dillingham and Baldwin, then maybe we could be somewhat competitive.

But like I said, it’s kind of silly to even entertain the thought of Sharpe playing for us next year, and it’s a long shot that we get Tshiebwe back.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
@ralphdaltonfan you heard anything on Baldwin?
Nope. Doesn't mean there's nothing to it but usually on Portal guys, don't hear much. I remember getting a lot of crap for saying I didn't think he was worthy of a top of the class ranking but seeing what he does well when healthy/UK needs, I'd take him over the guys we've watched recently. Also tied to Tyler Herro's AAU team.

Reactions: true blue1
Listen dude .. I'm not going to quit calling out people who want to keep Cal . Fans who think a new recruit or 2 or the hottest transfer from the MEAC OR the PEAC or the SEAC is going to change a damn thing .. so put me on ignore if you dont like it, because I'm not backing down to sad passive aggressive posting .
It’s not about keeping Cal because of his buyout. It about news on the team going forward and what’s going on toward next year. Get off peoples ass that want to discuss positive and potential. A few of you take any chance to hijack a thread and maker it about it Cal. There are plenty in f threads for that.

Oscar only averaged 19 min a game at WVU last year because he had to split time with Derek Culver, who Huggins liked better. So if Oscar had played 35 min he would have averaged.....17 pts and 15 reb. Same as he did this year. Cal didn't do anything.
Well for one he played him more and Oscar has said he’s helped him alot

Nope. Doesn't mean there's nothing to it but usually on Portal guys, don't hear much. I remember getting a lot of crap for saying I didn't think he was worthy of a top of the class ranking but seeing what he does well when healthy/UK needs, I'd take him over the guys we've watched recently. Also tied to Tyler Herro's AAU team.
You may have been asked this and I apologize if you have but have you heard anything on dillingham

Main culprit in someone's eyes that don't know what they're watching. We would have been down by 20 in the first half if not for Andrew Harrison. He kept us in that game
He and his brother also played too much in that game and were gassed at the end of it! They might not have got those shot clock violations if thy had played less minutes

It’s not about keeping Cal because of his buyout. It about news on the team going forward and what’s going on toward next year. Get off peoples ass that want to discuss positive and potential. A few of you take any chance to hijack a thread and maker it about it Cal. There are plenty in f threads for that.
You want positive and potential .. have at it . I'll be here to remind you how we are screwing up if we dont come up with a way to get rid of Cal. Just how it is

Reactions: bigbluedon
You know, if Cal and staff could somehow manage to add Dillingham and Baldwin to the class featuring Wallace and Livingston, keep Sharpe from going pro, and somehow manage to bring back big Oscar and possibly TyTy, Cal would have the most elite talent on the roster at one time than he's had in a very long time. If he couldn't win 30 games and make a final four with that roster, he might as well just retire. I know that's a lot of "ifs" and I'm not counting on all of that actually panning out. But it is within the realm of being possible. As bleak as things feel right now, we could still end up with a loaded squad next season. And at that point it becomes do or die time for Cal. There won't be any excuses if he fails with a group like that.

Oscar only averaged 19 min a game at WVU last year because he had to split time with Derek Culver, who Huggins liked better. So if Oscar had played 35 min he would have averaged.....17 pts and 15 reb. Same as he did this year. Cal didn't do anything.
Uh, you need to work on those math skills.
If you adjust his averages last year to this years minutes, he would have averaged 13.6 pts, 12.5 reb, AND 4.0 fouls.

You know, if Cal and staff could somehow manage to add Dillingham and Baldwin to the class featuring Wallace and Livingston, keep Sharpe from going pro, and somehow manage to bring back big Oscar and possibly TyTy, Cal would have the most elite talent on the roster at one time than he's had in a very long time. If he couldn't win 30 games and make a final four with that roster, he might as well just retire. I know that's a lot of "ifs" and I'm not counting on all of that actually panning out. But it is within the realm of being possible. As bleak as things feel right now, we could still end up with a loaded squad next season. And at that point it becomes do or die time for Cal. There won't be any excuses if he fails with a group like that.
You are correct that it would be, but unfortunately it’ll be without multiple pieces and sounds to be heavily reliant on freshman.

I want to see what Cal does with the roster, but I’m not confident because we have seem to always end up with a glaring hole or roster deficiency that limits our upside

Reactions: bigbluedon
Not saying we're winning it all or 40-0 or any of that garbage but I'm a UK fan and always want them to get the best available players. If Dillingham comes in the 2022 class with Wallace that's 2 players that can not only shoot but can get where they want to go off the dribble. If UK can keep Sharpe ( which I don't believe they can) then you have 3 of those type players and 1 of them a possible superstar. Those 3 are worlds better than TY TY, Wheeler and Grady or Mintz. Even without Sharpe that's a very good backcourt plus Wheeler and Frederick should contribute too.
I’m hearing that there’s almost no chance that Dillingham reclassifies. If he comes here, it’ll be for 2023.

Baldwin is a stud. He had a terrible year. I read an article that the Spurs have 3 first round picks and are looking at Baldwin. I think he goes, but would probably have a monster soph. year if he came back.

You want positive and potential .. have at it . I'll be here to remind you how we are screwing up if we dont come up with a way to get rid of Cal. Just how it is
Save it for your other 59 hate threads or better yet go to rafters. People want to discuss other aspects of UKs basketball future that just cry about Cal.

Teague could get to the rim at will which is one of the things I said Cal needed. He also finished at a much high clip than Wheeler and shot 40% from 3 in the tournament (and I’ve been a Wheeler defender all year but Teague was an elite college PG the last third of the season).

Teague was also surrounded by the #1 and #2 picks and multiple other NBA players. We don’t get that mass collection of lotto picks anymore. So if your point is Cal needs a starting 5 full of first rounders or an Elite PG then sure.

Point is, his offensive strategy is based on a PG that can attack the rim successfully. The Twins and Teague both did that very well.

Do you have stats that back this up? I'm curious. Or is this just based on your emotions or what you felt?

Wheeler also gets to the rim at will.

Wheeler's shooting stats are at least on par if not better than Teague's.

My point is we could've won a title with Wheeler. Every time we win, we don't have an Elite PG. The few times we've had Elite PGs we did not win. And the closest we got recently was D-Fox.

Sahvir had weaknesses. Attacking the rim was not one of them.

Uh, you need to work on those math skills.
If you adjust his averages last year to this years minutes, he would have averaged 13.6 pts, 12.5 reb, AND 4.0 fouls.
The poster above was saying Cal turned Oscar into the POY. That Oscar only averaged 10/8 last year at WVU. All I'm saying is he only played 19 min a game. If he had played 35 min his numbers would have been very close to what he did this year. Oscar is my favorite player. He had a hell of a year. I hope he's back next year. I doubt Oscar needed much help with his game. Nah I think my math skills are fine. Maybe you need to work on common sense and quit being a little bitch

If this guy is 2023 and tries to come in next season over Xmas break I am going to lose it. I only want him if he stays in 2023 and shows up in summer of 2023 or reclassifies and is here in summer 2022. No more of this middle of the year, do not play crap.
This is where Cal’s Farm Club comes from, we will have guys get spots that never play. Call them walk-ons that don’t play.

Or Andrew Harrison? I'd hardly Call Andrew Harrison an elite PG. And that guy led us to 2 final fours and nearly an undefeated season.
Andrew Harrison was an elite pg. He wasn't an NBA caliber player, but he was certainly an elite college player. I'd put Teague in that same category.
You can be elite, but still not have what it takes to play NBA ball. Oscar and Juzang are 2 more examples of this.

Last edited:
Man Teague was a dog. He could get to the rim at will, could score at the rim, was a very willing passer and respectable from 3 point range. He also hit the 3 pointer late in the title game which sealed the win.
Yeah, I don't get why so many posters dump on Teague. He was a tough pg.

People forget in that December game at Indiana, most of the team pussed out, but Teague kept UK in that game. He kept getting into the paint and forcing the action.

He just wasn't a pro guard and should have returned to UK.

Reactions: ukfan041
Andrew Harrison was an elite pg. He wasn't an NBA caliber player, but he was certainly an elite college player. I'd put Teague in that same category.
You can he elite, but still not have what it takes to play NBA ball. Oscar and Juzang are 2 more examples of this.
WTH was elite about Andrew Harrison? He was big, but he was also a bit slower, wasn't a particularly strong shooter or assist man. He didn't seem to have the highest basketball IQ either. He was avg defensively.

Reactions: bnewt
Not counting on Tshiebwe or Sharpe returning.

If we could get them back, and add Dillingham and Baldwin, then maybe we could be somewhat competitive.

But like I said, it’s kind of silly to even entertain the thought of Sharpe playing for us next year, and it’s a long shot that we get Tshiebwe back.
Oscar will make more guaranteed money at UK than anywhere else he could go. His case is different, so I expect him back at UK next season and if Cal cares about winning, he'll make sure that happens.

Reactions: westerncat
Sure thing!! Huggins just decided to hold Oscar,who was fat and out of shape, back because he liked the other guy better.
Huggins losing games on purpose by not playing a super star. Just hilarious.
That is 100% NOT what he said. lol And the numbers don't lie; he played less than half a game on average.

Ahhh I had forgot about Baldwin . That would be a pretty good pickup . I see that his shooting percentages are kind of bad but I’m guessing that’s due to how poor his team was .
Yeah those percentages aren't indicative of the kind of shooter he truly can be. He would absolutely help stretch the floor and open up driving lanes. Landing him would be a huge pickup.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT