ADVERTISEMENT

$4million already pledged for NIL

I think that is def possibility that Pope will entertain.
If the basketball program can do what the football program is doing in the portal it would be huge. Whoever the people are on top of the football portal they are doing it great because we seem to be on top of great players and getting them before a lot of others.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
He will be given every resource to be successful. Cal burned down the village over the last 6 years with his laziness and condescending approach. He pissed away every significant relationship that had ties to the program then complained in the background about the lack of support.

Everyone will now see the real power of the program and it’s resources. I’m in the recruiting world, talk to players and college coaches most every day. NIL money is the key to the market and I believe the program will get behind one of its own like never before..

And we won’t get the one and done, over hyped, underperforming type that has to be handled with kid-gloves anymore!!! No legitimate program has won with that model, not even Cal. He is fortunate to have AD in 2012 or he would still be without a title.

He will be given every resource to be successful. Cal burned down the village over the last 6 years with his laziness and condescending approach. He pissed away every significant relationship that had ties to the program then complained in the background about the lack of support.

Everyone will now see the real power of the program and it’s resources. I’m in the recruiting world, talk to players and college coaches most every day. NIL money is the key to the market and I believe the program will get behind one of its own like never before..

And we won’t get the one and done, over hyped, underperforming type that has to be handled with kid-gloves anymore!!! No legitimate program has won with that model, not even Cal. He is fortunate to have AD in 2012 or he would still be without a title.
It not just about NIL. If Self is offering $1 million and Pope is matching, where is the player going

It's actually kind of exciting to have one of our own coaching. Mark Pope was a helluva player. Researching his teams the offense is gonna be fun for fans to watch. Imagine a team like this years every year with hopefully a defense beyond 8th grade.

Spend that extra money and get top assistants and we will shoot out the gate this year. Trust the process and F#*$ CAL

This and getting solid assistants is key. Try and buy/build some decent teams the next two years, and hope everyone takes notice.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
4 million dollars is a very positive start.
sunglasses.gif

Wherever they fit and see the biggest opportunity to contribute. Cal and Self recruit the same type of player and both have slipped significantly since NIL, the portal, and the extra year of eligibility really took off.

Finally some positive momentum from UK about its future. Keep building. I bet this pisses Cal off to no end lol after he couldnt get any NIL because he had pissed off everybody.

This can't be true. I know it can't because another thread last night said the donors were big mad and there was no NIL. They said it was on Twitter. This must be a lie.

We’ll need 10-12 million to put a competitive roster together.
Huh? Are we saying we need to pay bench players $1m a year? There should only be maybe 2-3 kids on the roster that get $1m+ NIL. This roster isn't going to be a Cal-loaded 5-start mega team. 4-stars and below should never become millionaires at 18 unless they hit the court and exploded in year 1.

We need to attack the portal and current roster with this money ASAP. That should be THE focus today and tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT