ADVERTISEMENT

4 & 5 year olds go on rampage...

So do you ever use a belt on your dog? I’m sure you don’t and you shouldn’t.
I use suspenders on my dogs when they wear pants, I get them to match their collars.

I'm not in favor of spanking with belts, spoons, flyswatters, or other devices. Adoption classes are damn clear on that.

But I won't throw stones at people who use reasonable measures to discipline their children.

New substitute?

“...but it was for a purpose. Made me feel good about myself. Kinda like I accomplished something.”

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I use suspenders on my dogs when they wear pants, I get them to match their collars.

I'm not in favor of spanking with belts, spoons, flyswatters, or other devices. Adoption classes are damn clear on that.

But I won't throw stones at people who use reasonable measures to discipline their children.
Using a belt on a child is not reasonable. Period.

Using a belt on a child is not reasonable. Period.
My grandmother forced my mother and my uncle to cut a switch from a Weeping Willow tree.

Mom used a belt or a fly swatter and bragged at how much kinder she was than my grandmother.

Psstt...

I don't disagree that none of this was reasonable

I was not abused.

I'm not a victim.

I learned to behave

I would have used other means to discipline.

But - the crux of this - would a properly disciplined child have behaved this way? Properly disciplined. Not abused. Not coddled. Given appropriate boundaries and appropriate punishment.

Reactions: JoeSwag
My grandmother forced my mother and my uncle to cut a switch from a Weeping Willow tree.

Mom used a belt or a fly swatter and bragged at how much kinder she was than my grandmother.

Psstt...

I don't disagree that none of this was reasonable

I was not abused.

I'm not a victim.

I learned to behave

I would have used other means to discipline.

But - the crux of this - would a properly disciplined child have behaved this way? Properly disciplined. Not abused. Not coddled. Given appropriate boundaries and appropriate punishment.
I have no problem with discipling kids. I have raised 2 that turned out just fine and they were never whipped with a belt or a switch. No one can convince me that physically hurting a child helps them. And all the “I was whipped as a child and I turned out fine” nuts on here can F off.

Yeah violence always teaches kids not to be violent 🙄🙄
I'm not saying spanking is violence but it worked for me as a kid and has also worked for my kids. Out of 7 kids my parents never had to go to jail to bail out any of their kids, they never had to go to school because any of us had harmed other kids or school property and they never had to see our names in the the police news section of the local paper and neither have I with my 3 kids. Then again my parents were involved with my life and let me know when they did have to spank us that they were disciplining me out of love just as I have done with my girls.

I have no problem with discipling kids. I have raised 2 that turned out just fine and they were never whipped with a belt or a switch. No one can convince me that physically hurting a child helps them. And all the “I was whipped as a child and I turned out fine” nuts on here can F off.
Why are you are the one who always wants to argue about everything? You turn everything into an argument with your liberal slant. I haven't put you on ignore because when you aren't trying to play Captain Liberal you have good points but man it's getting harder to listen to it.

Reactions: JoeSwag
Why are you are the one who always wants to argue about everything? You turn everything into an argument with your liberal slant. I haven't put you on ignore because when you aren't trying to play Captain Liberal you have good points but man it's getting harder to listen to it.
If you haven’t noticed I’m kind of outnumbered on here. So anytime I give my opinion it’s met with anger. I only posted in this thread because someone brought up using a belt to discipline children. Which I cannot get on board with.

Little Hercules didn't turn into much.

maxresdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT