ADVERTISEMENT

3rd and 2 play call

The most appalling thing is how you can put the entire OT into the hands of a guy who has been terrible all night. With 54 yards on 19 attempts (I am not going to count his toss/handoff to Lynn as passing yards). Insane.

How in the world does Snell not get the ball there?

Honestly?

Because our coaching staff is not good at scheming and crunch decisions. They never have been. Gran is been terrible since he got here.

Tight road SEC games are not something this coaching staff will excel at. It's why I'm still shocked at the Florida win.

The players will have to make demands and execute bad situations to win. That's the truth.

bad call but Wilson not fighting for first down in overtime bothered me more

It should have him on the bench. He had the first down and quit.

His on field IQ is really.low. not sure it can be fixed.

Another terrible play call in that situation by Gran. Not impressed. Ball has to go to Snell given our Kicker doesn’t have big leg. Almost as bad as the toss sweep to Higgs in the end zone if anyone remembers

The time to go for the win was at the end of the 4th qtr. in overtime on 3rd and 2, play it safe and at least keep us in fg range.

My only guess is that the coaches knew we couldn’t stop an A&M td. So maybe they thought a fg would not matter. That’s the only logical explanation in my mind. Terry was horrible at passing the ball all night.

How in the world does Snell not get the ball there?
There's more than a couple people askign that question right now. Let me know when you find someone that knows the answer. Baffling.

Honestly?

Because our coaching staff is not good at scheming and crunch decisions. They never have been. Gran is been terrible since he got here.

Tight road SEC games are not something this coaching staff will excel at. It's why I'm still shocked at the Florida win.

The players will have to make demands and execute bad situations to win. That's the truth.
I can't believe we aren't going undefeated. We lose to a team that lost to Clemson by 1 shameful. If he ran Snell and didn't get it the headlines would have been Stoops is still too consevative...Oh how the narrative changes

I don't understand it. My understanding is Wilson starts over Hoak because of his legs/speed. But the dude doesnt use them. He just sits in the pocket for 5 to 7 seconds then runs and whenever someone just gets close to him he falls down.

I like Wilson. He has upside but you don’t have to play him exclusively in his first year.

It looked to me like he was tentative and wasn’t ready to have that much put on him. He forced throws almost like playing hot potato. I don’t want it you take it.

To put him in that situation on 3rd and 2 when he had not been effective was just horrid, for Wilson, for the team, for the staff and fanbase. I just can’t believe you make the kind of money Gran is making and that’s all u got.

I can't believe we aren't going undefeated. We lose to a team that lost to Clemson by 1 shameful. If he ran Snell and didn't get it the headlines would have been Stoops is still too consevative...Oh how the narrative changes
Bull. We were not effective throwing the ball. You run if you don’t make it you kick fg. There was no pressure on A&M when they got the ball

The way Gran called runs, they may as well ran Benny in the Wildcat for the whole 2nd half...would been as effective as touched down Terry's fetal slides 3 yards short of 1st downs...

1 & 10
2 & 6
3 & 2

Not one time did Snell touch the ball.

Instead we let our QB run, who had been running in circles all game, who slides instead of dives.

If the staff was going for a “look like jackasses” look, they nailed it.

Reactions: buck8113
Wilson looked lost the whole game. Just an awful performance. Not sure what was going on but he should have been replaced.

The time to go for the win was at the end of the 4th qtr. in overtime on 3rd and 2, play it safe and at least keep us in fg range.

My only guess is that the coaches knew we couldn’t stop an A&M td. So maybe they thought a fg would not matter. That’s the only logical explanation in my mind. Terry was horrible at passing the ball all night.

I don’t find that to be a logical explanation at all. Our defense is extremely adept at keeping teams out of the end zone.

I guess Stoops saw something on Aggies D lined up v our Wildcat, but change the playcall and hand off to Benny or something. Anything. But not getting him the ball was not an option.

The most baffling thing is they were going to run Benny in the wildcat, then called time out to set up the head-scratcher.

The one actually possible chance to win was to go for two on the tieing TD.
Why would you want OT when you aren't moving the ball and have an unproven freshman kicker. Oh well. We know CMS has Not turned the corner on coaching these kind of situations. Not sure he ever will. But the rest is very good and the Cats should still win 10 games.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Eddie Gran tonight showed that if he managed the Yankees he would pinch hit for Aaron Judge to try and catch the other team off guard.

Reactions: Aces Fan
The play from 2 yards out was the back breaker but it wasn't the 3rd and 2 in OT. It was not going for 2 after the last TD. You're 2 yards out and you've had no offense and you know you have no kicker. That was our shot to win the game. But Stoops went conservative again and played for OT.

The way that game was played tonight I'd love to have that game decided with UK trying to score the 2point conversion from 2 yards out.

Reactions: UKGrad93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT