ADVERTISEMENT

3 Cheers for Mitch

etownblue25

Sophomore
Jul 30, 2008
I know everyone is on him about what he said but I agree with it and it was necessary. Cal has manipulated Mitch to become the highest paid coach for years and has disrespected him as the AD. Cal has not produced, he has embarrassed the program and divided the fan base.

Cal needed to get put in his place publicly and I am glad Mitch finally did it. 3 cheers for Mitch!!

I know everyone is on him about what he said but I agree with it and it was necessary. Cal has manipulated Mitch to become the highest paid coach for years and has disrespected him as the AD. Cal has not produced, he has embarrassed the program and divided the fan base.

Cal needed to get put in his place publicly and I am glad Mitch finally did it. 3 cheers for Mitch!!
Has there been a follow up press conference?

Mitch embarrassed himself by hiring Joe Phillips and Billy G.

Not a fan of Barnhart at all. Think his time is over and he should have been fired after BCG and Joker. But it’s about time people stood up to Calipari especially after that contract and the way Calipari slapped everyone in the face after it.

Barnhart has already sounded off in Calipari before all of this. The Calipari (I’ll burn this place down) lunatic persona is already peeking it’s head up. The guy cannot stop himself. He’s just who he is.

You have no idea what you are talking about

I have zero problem with what Mitch did or said to be honest.

When I was a student at UK (mid to late 90s), basketball was really the only thing winning consistently.

That’s not the case anymore. Under Mitch’s leadership these last 20 years, UK has become a school with a successful athletic department… not just a successful sport.

National titles in volleyball and rifle. National Runner ups in tennis and track and field. Great success in other sports as well.

Basketball is fine. I was in the Craft Center less than a month ago, and it’s still awesome. Don’t understand why a new one is needed. It’s not preventing UK from recruiting. Cal will get his wish list when he delivers the goods again. It’s simple.

There are other priorities right now.

I have zero problem with what Mitch did or said to be honest.

When I was a student at UK (mid to late 90s), basketball was really the only thing winning consistently.

That’s not the case anymore. Under Mitch’s leadership these last 20 years, UK has become a school with a successful athletic department… not just a successful sport.

National titles in volleyball and rifle. National Runner ups in tennis and track and field. Great success in other sports as well.

Basketball is fine. I was in the Craft Center less than a month ago, and it’s still awesome. Don’t understand why a new one is needed. It’s not preventing UK from recruiting. Cal will get his wish list when he delivers the goods again. It’s simple.

There are other priorities right now.

While I don’t agree that Mitch is the one responsible for the success you outlined (under his vision football and basketball would be in serious trouble) and modern revenue streams are a large reason for success in all areas, I agree that Calipari is being told no because he hasn’t won and isn’t fulfilling his job duties. This is about business and Kentucky has told Calipari winning IS the top priority and you will win or we’re going to ride until the end and then buy you out. I don’t know why Calipari thinks he can lose (in embarrassing fashion) laugh about it and think he can spit demands. That’s not gonna happen.

I’m done w Mitch

Reactions: kywildcat41086

um, that isn't close to what Mitch said, but thanks for sharing your feelings, Facts matter

You sure seem to have a negative attitude towards Christianity.
How could you possible get that from my post? I didn’t say it was bad. It’s a known fact he is very religious and very involved in his church. It’s Sunday. Where do you think he will be?

Manipulating Barney means what many think. That Barney is spineless. He should have told stoops to pipe down this time and recognized our basketball tradition. Barney has yet to do that to my satisfaction

Mitch has been successful, but at the end of the day, he's a moron. He doesn't know how to speak to or connect to the fanbase. You see that roll over into the relationships he has with Stoops and Cal.
This. Overall he has been very successful especially in the non revenue sports. But he is very awkward with people and the common fan has paid the price.

Reactions: Mike-D

Stupid comment.

Reactions: Bluefinger

You know you're statement is pretty spot on when @kybassfan laughs at it.

It’s church day. He’s busy.
Why do guys like you hate people that go to church so much? I mean he could be Jurich for crying out loud. His presser was spot on. He made a big mistake with Joker(which was endorsed by Brooks) that turned out bad, but how about he didn't let it didn't linger and he hired the right guy. His biggest mistake was giving that loud mouth blowhard a lifetime contract. Ninth best athletic program in the country is nothing to sneeze at.

Just reading through other sites, Calipari really is awful. He did all of this on purpose and it’s so beneath the university to even play this game. Give him this year and next, then buy him out and send him packing. And the fans that have turned into Calipari family fans instead of UK fans, please go where he goes (I’m sure you will anyway, that’s what cult followers do).

Calipari knows why he’s not getting his toys. We’re overpaying you and you aren’t winning. All
He’s done is purposely lower expectations after winning big when he first arrived. He didn’t want people expecting it because he didn’t want to keep working that hard. He wants everyone to bow down and praise him for his first 5 years, pay him crazily for it, and shut up. I just can’t believe we’ve actually got UK fans who are willing to ride with that. Stop making fun of Indiana. If some of these “fans” had their way we’d be on a one way train beside them.

Not a fan of Barnhart at all. Think his time is over and he should have been fired after BCG and Joker. But it’s about time people stood up to Calipari especially after that contract and the way Calipari slapped everyone in the face after it.

Barnhart has already sounded off in Calipari before all of this. The Calipari (I’ll burn this place down) lunatic persona is already peeking it’s head up. The guy cannot stop himself. He’s just who he is.
I hear you. I've been very critical of Cal recently but he changed up his staff - which has really helped recruiting - and save injuries, he had a great team last year. Now, the proof is in the pudding. Results and not potential.

From what I am seeing with year's squad, I am ready to give the dude the benefit of the doubt and am hoping the Cal "with a chip on his shoulder" is back. Him standing up to Barney is validating that and regardless - no matter how much I get frustrated w/Cal, Barney is the one who needs to go first. Can't having a dude who is pushing back against NIL and will let rich folks drink but not the commoners get another chance at hiring Mike Brey.

I hear you. I've been very critical of Cal recently but he changed up his staff - which has really helped recruiting - and save injuries, he had a great team last year. Now, the proof is in the pudding. Results and not potential.

From what I am seeing with year's squad, I am ready to give the dude the benefit of the doubt and am hoping the Cal "with a chip on his shoulder" is back. Him standing up to Barney is validating that and regardless - no matter how much I get frustrated w/Cal, Barney is the one who needs to go first. Can't having a dude who is pushing back against NIL and will let rich folks drink but not the commoners get another chance at hiring Mike Brey.

Every time I begin to go back to liking Calipari he does something that just makes me say “f it”.

Of I had a choice between keeping Cal and firing Barney or the other way around, I’ll roll with Calipari and get rid of the bean counter.

On this issue, I think it’s time people stood up to Calipari and made him honor the contract or get rid of him. This guy laughed about losing and said he’s going home to his dogs. 10 million per year and the head guy at UK. I can’t just forget it.

UK’s entire athletics department needs to get the it sht together. Top down. Or someone needs to start setting the table.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Why do guys like you hate people that go to church so much? I mean he could be Jurich for crying out loud. His presser was spot on. He made a big mistake with Joker(which was endorsed by Brooks) that turned out bad, but how about he didn't let it didn't linger and he hired the right guy. His biggest mistake was giving that loud mouth blowhard a lifetime contract. Ninth best athletic program in the country is nothing to sneeze at.
Where exactly do I say I hate people going to church?

I'm OK with Mitch's comment and position. But, why call a presser to say that stuff? Just call Calipari and Stoops into your office and say it to them both face to face. No need to stir the pot and create drama for the press. That's juvenile and honestly, unbecoming of the UK AD.
All of this can be fixed but, talking to reporters and hold press conferences is NOT the way to do it!

I think Calipari is too old to “burn the place down.” Even he has to want one school to be remembered fondly at. I guess that could be UMASS but I think he wants to be remembered as UK’s coach and he’s trying to get the second title to actually be remembered as a Top Tier HOF’er. I would at least believe he cares somewhat about his legacy at this point.

Mitch has been successful, but at the end of the day, he's a moron. He doesn't know how to speak to or connect to the fanbase. You see that roll over into the relationships he has with Stoops and Cal.
I could never trust a man who kept those ugly azz checker board uniforms as long as we did

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot

Cal didn’t manipulate anyone. Most every UK fan in American wanted Cal to stay and wanted him locked up. Mitch did what 99% of the other AD’s in American wound have done in the same situation. The other 1% would probably have been fired.

How could you possible get that from my post? I didn’t say it was bad. It’s a known fact he is very religious and very involved in his church. It’s Sunday. Where do you think he will be?
Well you cited one reason he needed to leave as AD being because he’s a “holy roller.” Then your comment about him being busy with church.
Usually when the derogatory comment such as “holy roller” is used it’s from someone who has a problem with a Christian or church goer.

While I don’t agree that Mitch is the one responsible for the success you outlined (under his vision football and basketball would be in serious trouble) and modern revenue streams are a large reason for success in all areas, I agree that Calipari is being told no because he hasn’t won and isn’t fulfilling his job duties. This is about business and Kentucky has told Calipari winning IS the top priority and you will win or we’re going to ride until the end and then buy you out. I don’t know why Calipari thinks he can lose (in embarrassing fashion) laugh about it and think he can spit demands. That’s not gonna happen.
CCC can be that way because he answers to NO ONE because of his contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT