ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Wing Tounde Yessoufou narrows list to final 6 schools

UK v/s Baylor. In the end, I think he will be a Cat.
If it all comes together, Pope could erase the "can he recruit" question in his first recruiting cycle.

1. He beat Calipari, Oats, and Davis for Jasper Johnson.
2. He beat Calpari, Woodson, and Davis for Malachi Moreno.
3. He would have beaten Hurley, Woodson, Scheyer, Davis, Barnes, and Self for Braylon Mullins.
4. He would have beaten Hurley, Drew and Self for Yessoufou.

That's a hell of a haul in his first recruiting cycle. You throw in top 20 player Makil Brown for good measure.

If it all comes together, Pope could erase the "can he recruit" question in his first recruiting cycle.

1. He beat Calipari, Oats, and Davis for Jasper Johnson.
2. He beat Calpari, Woodson, and Davis for Malachi Moreno.
3. He would have beaten Hurley, Woodson, Scheyer, Davis, Barnes, and Self for Braylon Mullins.
4. He would have beaten Hurley, Drew and Self for Yessoufou.

That's a hell of a haul in his first recruiting cycle. You throw in top 20 player Makil Brown for good measure.
I really don’t care about the recruiting hype, I want guys that fit well. I want the players that fit the system. I’m just not worried about winning recruiting battles anymore. We were basically told that was the be all, end all by the former regime. I am so over that and do not care if Pope signs another 5-star. As long as he wins, it doesn’t matter. Get guys who fit. Mullins fits. Yessoufou fits. Sign them up. If they go elsewhere, so be it. We got a coach that will get the right guy in the portal and/or find a project and develop them into a player. I am no longer drooling over potential lottery picks.

I really don’t care about the recruiting hype, I want guys that fit well. I want the players that fit the system. I’m just not worried about winning recruiting battles anymore. We were basically told that was the be all, end all by the former regime. I am so over that and do not care if Pope signs another 5-star. As long as he wins, it doesn’t matter. Get guys who fit. Mullins fits. Yessoufou fits. Sign them up. If they go elsewhere, so be it. We got a coach that will get the right guy in the portal and/or find a project and develop them into a player. I am no longer drooling over potential lottery picks.

Pope can have it all. He can get guys who fit, and those guys can still be future draft picks. This isn't a mutually exclusive choice.

Pope can have it all. He can get guys who fit, and those guys can still be future draft picks. This isn't a mutually exclusive choice.
But he doesn’t have to get OAD guys to make it work. That’s my point.

I’m done worrying about recruiting battles over 18 year olds with one foot already in the NBA.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT