ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Schedule: 4 OOC Games? How?

vhcat70

All-American
Feb 5, 2003
I visit KSR online now & then. I now read:

"The fine folks at FBSchedules.com obtained an old contract signed in 2018 by UK that will pay Tennessee Tech $600,000 to come to Kroger Field Nov. 15, 2025. This completes Kentucky’s 2025 non-conference schedule, joining Toledo, Eastern Michigan and Louisville. "

I count 4 out of conference games. I have understood SEC is going to 9 games in-conference in 2025 with the addition of TX & OK.

Does this mean CFB going to a 13 games regular season - I doubt?

Any insight? Thanks.

I visit KSR online now & then. I now read:

"The fine folks at FBSchedules.com obtained an old contract signed in 2018 by UK that will pay Tennessee Tech $600,000 to come to Kroger Field Nov. 15, 2025. This completes Kentucky’s 2025 non-conference schedule, joining Toledo, Eastern Michigan and Louisville. "

I count 4 out of conference games. I have understood SEC is going to 9 games in-conference in 2025 with the addition of TX & OK.

Does this mean CFB going to a 13 games regular season - I doubt?

Any insight? Thanks.

Is 9 games official yet? One of those OOC gamed will be canceled if it happens.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Everyone in the SEC has 4 out of conference games scheduled the next several years

When the expected decision to go to 9 SEC games happen, UK and everyone else will be able to back out of 1 OOC game. All schools put in language in scheduling contracts giving a team an out due to changes in conference scheduling. That is why everybody was able to schedule just conference games in 2020.

IMO the UL series continues. ESPN/ABC owns tv rights for ACC and SEC. They like having the 4 instate match-ups on Thanksgiving weekend across their networks. Pressure will be brought in UK to keep UL.

Stoops and Barnhart have commented on that. Talked like UL would have to go.
Yeah that sounds about right…drop the game that has some interest, meaning and you can make money on. Don’t drop 1 of the 3 games that do absolutely nothing for the program and that you have to pay over half million for.

I can’t wait for the day the big bodies that cut checks say “folks those directional school games aren’t hacking it anymore…we want more advertising and sponsor money so East West North South Tech. St week(s) are out…more inter P5 weeks are in…”

Why are so many of our fans afraid of U of Hell? I don't get it. Let's beat their ass every year.
UK needs at least 7 home games & really prefers 8. Playing LV home & home assures it won't be more than 7 or it will be 8 one year & 6 & 6 home & road the next. It's not fear. I'm Ok with playing them at Kroger when we have 8 home games.

Reactions: bobinbg
Everyone in the SEC has 4 out of conference games scheduled the next several years

When the expected decision to go to 9 SEC games happen, UK and everyone else will be able to back out of 1 OOC game. All schools put in language in scheduling contracts giving a team an out due to changes in conference scheduling. That is why everybody was able to schedule just conference games in 2020.

IMO the UL series continues. ESPN/ABC owns tv rights for ACC and SEC. They like having the 4 instate match-ups on Thanksgiving weekend across their networks. Pressure will be brought in UK to keep UL.
Playing 9 SEC games plus LV home & home assures we won't have more than 7 home games OR it will be 8 one year and 6 & 6 home & road the next with the 6 roadies being 5 SEC & LV. You think UK good with that? You good with that?

UK needs at least 7 home games & really prefers 8. Playing LV home & home assures it won't be more than 7 or it will be 8 one year & 6 & 6 home & road the next. It's not fear. I'm Ok with playing them at Kroger when we have 8 home games.
This isn't complicated

Even number years - 4 SEC road games, 5 SEC home games, 2 easy ooc games at home, UL in Louisville

Odd number years - 4 SEC home games, 5 SEC road games, 2 easy ooc games at home, UL in The Krog

Stoops might want to kill UL game with 9 game conf schedule, and he is justified. He is paid to win games, playing UL on top of 9 SEC ones is detrimental. We use the 3 easy ooc games to play and develop young guys who aren't ready for SEC bloodbath.

But as I said, the conference and ESPN will pull rank, and press UK to keep the series.

Crazy ironic thought - wouldn't it be better to play UL labor day weekend now? Instead of Thanksgiving, when after 9 SEC games our roster will be chewed and mauled?

^ It isn't complicated if you don't want/need 8 home games ever. Was always better playing LV in Sept. But if we keep playing them due to ESPN, it will stay in Nov.

South Carolina and Clemson will play come hell or high water. USC lost their minds in 2020 when the SEC voted for a conference only schedule.
Well, Hell those goobers never were too bright. If I had Beamer and I’m an AD, I’m dropping Clemson quickly. Especially after the luck they had last year. End on a high note. A 4-win caliber team that backed into 8 wins.

I can't imagine conference realignment killing rivalries!!!!!

(Texas - Texas a&m, Oklahoma- Nebraska, Louisville- Cincinnati, Mizzou - Kansas, Utah - BYU, etc etc etc)

• Love
Reactions: vhcat70
People complain about UK playing teams like Eastern Michigan etc. but moving forward with three nonconference games. It’s very important that schools like Kentucky and SEC schools play, smaller teams. This is how these programs fund their athletic programs.

So either you won't have more than 7 home games or you'll be 5 SEC road games + GT on road one year & 8 home games the other. And what do you do with FL at Gator Bowl?

We have had years with 6 home games and 7, I can't remember having 8. I think the UF game is about to go home and home when current contract expires, Kirby wants home and home. It's an hour trip for UF and5+ for us. Kids attend the game and travel to UF for a visit, it's a lost weekend for us.

UGA has been playing 10 P5 games a year for awhile until this year when it had to cancel the OU game.

This isn't complicated

Even number years - 4 SEC road games, 5 SEC home games, 2 easy ooc games at home, UL in Louisville

Odd number years - 4 SEC home games, 5 SEC road games, 2 easy ooc games at home, UL in The Krog

Stoops might want to kill UL game with 9 game conf schedule, and he is justified. He is paid to win games, playing UL on top of 9 SEC ones is detrimental. We use the 3 easy ooc games to play and develop young guys who aren't ready for SEC bloodbath.

But as I said, the conference and ESPN will pull rank, and press UK to keep the series.

Crazy ironic thought - wouldn't it be better to play UL labor day weekend now? Instead of Thanksgiving, when after 9 SEC games our roster will be chewed and mauled?

Sometimes the "easy" OOC games aren't easy for Stoops.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Yeah that sounds about right…drop the game that has some interest, meaning and you can make money on. Don’t drop 1 of the 3 games that do absolutely nothing for the program and that you have to pay over half million for.

I can’t wait for the day the big bodies that cut checks say “folks those directional school games aren’t hacking it anymore…we want more advertising and sponsor money so East West North South Tech. St week(s) are out…more inter P5 weeks are in…”
We will have 9 SEC games that the coaches have to get our guys sky high for to have a chance to win. At a place like this, not an easy thing to have to play your best that many Saturdays in a season. Focus should be all about winning all the SEC games to have a shot at winning a championship. Not a meaningless game that only helps UL. Not a meaningless game just so fans can have bragging rights. Forget bragging rights, focus on a championship. The pressure only the coaches and players to appease fans bragging rights just adds to the pressure of winning nine SEC games. A lot to ask for when aren't signing recruits like Georgia and TN are.

Those 3 ooc games are guaranteed wins. Much needed with 9 game sec schedule.

This isn't complicated

Those 3 ooc games are guaranteed wins. Much needed with 9 game sec schedule.

Those 3 OOC games have done nothing to help prepare for the sec, one could argue they hurt. As evidenced by the hot starts generally followed by the “we’re not in OOC anymore” realization that come a week or two later.

I do like the idea of playing UL early. I would also move another comparable P5 in there. Nobody is saying load up with Notre Dame, Michigan, etc…however a Illinois, Kansas St, Washington St, etc along with UL I think would really get the team right heading into SEC play.

If CMS is an 8 million dollar coach, then he can handle an additional mid tier P5 program.

I mean UGA is going out and looking for fights against Clemson, Oregon, Notre Dame in their OOC…

If anyone can cry “need easy wins“ it’s UGA and the other top tier bowl and playoff regulars…they’re all going to play in a conference championship and a playoff game…going forward they’ll be playing in multiple play off games in the expanded version.

Scheduling Oregon, Irish, Texas, etc is high risk low reward for them. They win great…they lose they’re out…

For us it’s low risk high reward. We win, it’s a big momentum and program booster, may even help get a better bowl or playoff position should the team proceed to have an exceptional year. If we lose…we’re out what? A Music city bowl so we play in the gator or liberty bowl instead. But even in a loss to a good OOC team there is still something to be gained competitively. One it wakes the team up heading into SEC and gives them some things they can work on.

Also gain an additional game that gets better exposure which helps recruiting.

Yeah, like your bunch dodging Army.

I almost feel sorry for that ignorant vol fan, but since he has been on ignore the boards IQ has gone up 40 points. Poor little fellow actually thinks the vols are decent and he thinks the vols shut UGA down, he isn't smart enough to understand when we throw 1 time in the 2nd half Kirby has called them off. But they only lost by 2 TDs when they came into the game ranked number 1. Can we all say overrated.

Those 3 OOC games have done nothing to help prepare for the sec, one could argue they hurt. As evidenced by the hot starts generally followed by the “we’re not in OOC anymore” realization that come a week or two later.

I do like the idea of playing UL early. I would also move another comparable P5 in there. Nobody is saying load up with Notre Dame, Michigan, etc…however a Illinois, Kansas St, Washington St, etc along with UL I think would really get the team right heading into SEC play.

If CMS is an 8 million dollar coach, then he can handle an additional mid tier P5 program.

I mean UGA is going out and looking for fights against Clemson, Oregon, Notre Dame in their OOC…

If anyone can cry “need easy wins“ it’s UGA and the other top tier bowl and playoff regulars…they’re all going to play in a conference championship and a playoff game…going forward they’ll be playing in multiple play off games in the expanded version.

Scheduling Oregon, Irish, Texas, etc is high risk low reward for them. They win great…they lose they’re out…

For us it’s low risk high reward. We win, it’s a big momentum and program booster, may even help get a better bowl or playoff position should the team proceed to have an exceptional year. If we lose…we’re out what? A Music city bowl so we play in the gator or liberty bowl instead. But even in a loss to a good OOC team there is still something to be gained competitively. One it wakes the team up heading into SEC and gives them some things they can work on.

Also gain an additional game that gets better exposure which helps recruiting.
I just went and looked at Georgia’s future OOC games and 2023 is pretty week but after that they have

Clemson in 2024 in Atlanta
UCLA in 25 & 26 home and home
Louisville in 26 & 27 Home and Home
FSU in 27 & 28 Home and Home

Now some of those could change when Texas & Oklahoma are added to the SEC.

The ninth SEC game, no matter who it is, would be much tougher than UL. But some fans want that tenth tough game for what reason? For bragging rights? Who cares about that when you are trying to win a championship in the toughest conference there is. OKL and TX coming in, but no big deal for the casual fan? Hard now for us to recruit enough top players to get through a season as it is now without a drop off as the season goes on. Look at it from a realistic point of view of what is best for this program in this conference. Not just trying to appease a few fans with a meaningless UL game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT