ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Official Draft Day Thread

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Alright guys today is the NBA Draft the "Greatest day in the history of the program"

Lets keep all the conversation tonight on this thread.

My picks for our Cats tonight

Reed - Rockets (3rd pick)
Dilly - Wizards (14th pick)

My hopes for tonight are for Reed 4th to San Antonio and Rob 12th to OKC.

Fingers crossed Rob doesn’t get picked by one of the irrelevant teams picking 5-11 sans SA.

Last edited:
I don’t get why Rob has been mocked at as a top 5 pick most of the year and even before the combine .

Now he’s falling because of his measurements . They didn’t know he was small all year ?

Not all of it but usually the European guys get a late push that knocks down college players.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
If my Lakers draft Bronny I may have to do the unthinkable and switch my allegiance.

Maybe I go wherever Reed ends up.

I don’t get why Rob has been mocked at as a top 5 pick most of the year and even before the combine .

Now he’s falling because of his measurements . They didn’t know he was small all year ?

I wonder if he was just a smidge smaller than they expected? It seems like some saw him as a 6-3, but he's coming in closer to 6-1 .

(although, isn't that literally how every player is.. always a few inches shorter than what their profile says?")

The thing, Tyrese Maxey is staring all these teams in the face, as an undersized guard from UK/Cal.. you'd think that would be all they need to know as it pertains to Bob's height. And honestly, I really think Bob could wind up being better. His scoring last year, when he got the chances, was truly elite level.

Not all of it but usually the European guys get a late push that knocks down college players.
That’s true . I’m usually locked into the draft but this is my first time even hearing about the foreign guy that might go first .

Also I thought the draft was going to be Thursday/Friday . This has to be one of the least hyped drafts ever .

Reactions: DraftCat
I wonder if he was just a smidge smaller than they expected? It seems like some saw him as a 6-3, but he's coming in closer to 6-1 .

(although, isn't that literally how every player is.. always a few inches shorter than what their profile says?")

The thing, Tyrese Maxey is staring all these teams in the face, as an undersized guard from UK/Cal.. you'd think that would be all they need to know as it pertains to Bob's height. And honestly, I really think Bob could wind up being better. His scoring last year, when he got the chances, was truly elite level.
Yeah that’s probably the case . They said the same thing about Bronny height also .

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Just saw Reed! I'm going to watch until Reed and Rob go. Reeves sadly won't go tonight.

I'm rooting for Reed and Rob to be lotto picks. If they both do I'll be very happy for them.

Reactions: TFCats11
I always remember it on a Thursday.

I honestly have to wonder if the presidential debate being tomorrow didnt have something to do with this.

Or the NBA is just trying to milk it. But the 2nd round is akin to the 6th round in the NFL. No one is watching that shit.
Bronny lasting until the second round is the only reason it would work for any kind of talk. Still stupid to give the second round it’s own day .

And they even put it on at 4 pm on a Thursday.

I can't imagine either Reed or Dilly were pining for Cal to be there. We will see, but I just can't imagine they asked him to be there, and I also feel like Cal figured to just move on and wash his hands clean of UK.

I can't imagine either Reed or Dilly were pining for Cal to be there. We will see, but I just can't imagine they asked him to be there, and I also feel like Cal figured to just move on and wash his hands clean of UK.
I understand, and if it's their choice for him to stay away, then that's fine. But if you're about "promoting kids to the NBA" your sorry ass should be there for them.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT