ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Predictions

RogCat1119

Blue Chip Prospect
May 17, 2022
We start out with 3 tomato cans (really wish we'd up the scheduling and stop playing MAC bums) and Vandy. Should start 4-0 easily then the Gators at home. I'm calling 5-0 now and too 10 going into Georgia the next week. All in all I see 10-2 or 9-3. Probably lose to Bama in addition to the Dawgs. We get the dirty orange at home. Other games should be comfortable wins

• Haha
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Really hard to predict how next year with go with the portal and NIL. UGA will have a new QB, all the OL could return, but how many will is a question mark. We will lose a WR or 2, but incoming frosh are probably an upgrade. Will lose 3-4 off defense, but replacements have all played alot. Really hard to predict 12-0 but we should be pretty good.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Depends a lot on our off season and portal gains.
I’m confident that we keep the stud frosh.

We really really really and did I say really need a QB who’s capable day 1.
Need a stud RB unless Chris does the unthinkable and uses a Covid (which I think he has).
And need to shore up the OL at minimum.

That is a whole lot to ask.

Could be really good or really bad.

Which WL first year we were getting ready to go with gatewood so there is that.

Also coaching turnover. I would fire Scang, settle, and Yenser at minimum. So a lot to get through between now and the fall.

All depends on who we have as QB and Running Back leading the offense. Also very important we replace our current OC with a competent one. Fix special teams blunders. Lots of moving parts. With all of that we still have teams who played and showed this year they are on an upward rise and beat us this year like USC and Vandy. Nothing is certain. I would say as of right now the realistic outlook for me would be 7-5 maybe 8-4. How anyone can claim we would be 10-2 is beyond me and screams wanting to set high expectations just so we don’t meet them and then we can complain this staff failed

Really hard to predict how next year with go with the portal and NIL. UGA will have a new QB, all the OL could return, but how many will is a question mark. We will lose a WR or 2, but incoming frosh are probably an upgrade. Will lose 3-4 off defense, but replacements have all played alot. Really hard to predict 12-0 but we should be pretty good.
Absolutely. It’s so year to year now that these discussions this early are just silly and beyond pointless.

We arent beating Georgia, Alabama, or Tennessee no matter who we have on the roster, so 9-3 is the ceiling.

I am not predicting wins @Miss St or @Carolina after the way this season went, so 7-5 and 3-5 in conference again seems like a safe bet for next season too.

Just expect 7-5 and anything above that will be gravy. The East is much improved. Too many unknowns.
While you’re probably right, I’m just not gonna be happy with 7-5. Maybe I’ll just be always disappointed, but it ain’t gonna cut it for me. With this group in particular, it had top 15 type of talent and should’ve gone 9-3 as a minimum. For various reasons you don’t reach that, losing to Vanderbilt and South Carolina is flat out unacceptable.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
We arent beating Georgia, Alabama, or Tennessee no matter who we have on the roster, so 9-3 is the ceiling.

I am not predicting wins @Miss St or @Carolina after the way this season went, so 7-5 and 3-5 in conference again seems like a safe bet for next season too.
Too me we have to beat Carolina. Losing to them is embarrassing. And yes Tennessee and Clemson should be embarrassed too.

I am thinking this is probably the safest bet. We have had some luck playing at SC but the other 4 you mentioned just seem like automatic losses.

If we somehow manage to strike gold in the portal it might change some things. We just need a QB, a few OL, a RB, a couple CBs, and some guys who can rush the passer.

Agree with other posters that 7-5 seems likely. Not much drop off on defense, but too many question marks regarding QB, RB, OL, special teams, and offensive coaching staff to confidently predict anything better than that.

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
To early for me to predict just yet.
Who is our QB, RB
Who transfers out
Who transfers in
Do we have coaching changes
Do we add a SP team coach

Reactions: ukalum1988
While you’re probably right, I’m just not gonna be happy with 7-5. Maybe I’ll just be always disappointed, but it ain’t gonna cut it for me. With this group in particular, it had top 15 type of talent and should’ve gone 9-3 as a minimum. For various reasons you don’t reach that, losing to Vanderbilt and South Carolina is flat out unacceptable.
7-5 isn’t going to cut it for what we’re paying Stoops. 6th highest paid coach in country.

Our coach is about to make $8.6 million per year. I think 7-5 from here on out is not acceptable. It wasn’t this year and as a die-hard fan I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it (it feels about like 92’ or 15’ bball).

But the expectation has changed not just based on Stoops elevating it with some success, but with what he is being paid. Pay a guy a top 6 salary in the country and he should win and win a lot. If not, there are a lot of guys out there that will come in and give it a shot for that kind of money.

Our coach is about to make $8.6 million per year. I think 7-5 from here on out is not acceptable. It wasn’t this year and as a die-hard fan I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it (it feels about like 92’ or 15’ bball).

But the expectation has changed not just based on Stoops elevating it with some success, but with what he is being paid. Pay a guy a top 6 salary in the country and he should win and win a lot. If not, there are a lot of guys out there that will come in and give it a shot for that kind of money.
We will be fine if our players are compensated compared to the marketplace in the same way that our coach is compensated compared to the marketplace.

Reactions: 17Cut-Nets
The Vanderbilt loss was 100% unacceptable. Should’ve beaten SC, but they have turned out to be pretty good, so I’m less down on that loss especially without Will. Losing 44-6 against UT was unacceptable as well. Ole Miss was a toss up. 9-3 might be our ceiling as a program right now.

The Vanderbilt loss was 100% unacceptable. Should’ve beaten SC, but they have turned out to be pretty good, so I’m less down on that loss especially without Will. Losing 44-6 against UT was unacceptable as well. Ole Miss was a toss up. 9-3 might be our ceiling as a program right now.
Don’t buy into the ceiling crap. Do more to break through it. Fans are very quick to say “this is the best we’ve done, so this is the best we can do.” What we need to do is hit the portal and the same way that USC, Ole Miss, and some other has. The portal can turn you around in a hurry, so we need to work at it and get good at it.

The problem with UK fans is that they don't know as much about their own team as they think and literaly dont know jack shit about our opponents.
KSR or Wildcat Lair is the last placevyou want to go for a breakdown/predictions on the 23 SEC season.
UK is not just a basketball school but has a basketball centric fanbase as well.
Just admit that 9/10 posters on this site have no idea what kind of product SC or Miss St will put on the field next year.

Reactions: backinky2018
I am in a different reality than most.

1. Tennessee UGA Bama and I’d move at USC are losses now
2. I think all four non conference are probably wins
3. Candy at Miss st Florida and mizzou …I hope we can split those four. We might drop 3 of them

I just ain’t seeing a good future next year. If we hit a home run with new offense staff. But that is very iffy. I think we struggle to get to 6 wins

I am in a different reality than most.

1. Tennessee UGA Bama and I’d move at USC are losses now
2. I think all four non conference are probably wins
3. Candy at Miss st Florida and mizzou …I hope we can split those four. We might drop 3 of them

I just ain’t seeing a good future next year. If we hit a home run with new offense staff. But that is very iffy. I think we struggle to get to 6 wins
I can definitely see your points but I sure hope your wrong.
I am NOT counting ANY SEC game an automatic win for UK next season after a couple crap shows we laid this year.

I can definitely see your points but I sure hope your wrong.
I am NOT counting ANY SEC game an automatic win for UK next season after a couple crap shows we laid this year.
In retrospect spect we only really crapped the bed in vsndy game when they got 24 pts. Our offense was simply crap nearly all year and that was norm

Usc was who we were. Same for ole miss

I am encouraged with the way that 7 defensive players developed into 7 of our very best on defense by the end of the year. Those being Walker, Rogers, Dinkens, Wallace, Jackson, Lovett and Childress. That is a good balance of star types covering the field that will coming back on high notes. Figuring out how we can get teams to quit looking for #14 is a point of concern, because literally every team goes after him time and again. Gave a TD to Vandy and to UL.

On the offensive side we won't have CR to lay most of our burdens on so what are we going to do? Think it comes down to how good of a QB we get and how much better our OL will be with a season under their belt. We all obviously want an offense that it more unpredictable and that will be another question to answer. What changes if any on philosophy. With the schedule like it is, next season would be a good time to start playing to win on offense, instead of playing not to lose. I see too many teams that use the short passing game a lot with QB's that can make the right play and can run. The first four games would be a perfect time to change the offensive philosophy for the better and run with it so we can get back to recruiting more four star players on offense other than WR. Will just get harder and harder to get enough top offensive players with the way we are trending.

WAY too many unknowns to have any confidence in any kind of prediction (be it a positive one or a negative one).

We lose some very key pieces (namely CROD), but I trust stoops to make the right moves on the coaching staff and in the portal. Worried about recruiting right now, but again, I am going to trust stoops on this.

The schedule is brutal...the obvious is that we pick up Alabama and lose Ole miss. but, the other tough part about it is that we play a bunch of "swing games" (e.g. USC and Miss state) the week after playing "big games" in which we will not be favored.

6 and 6 maybe 7 and 5 best case. Stoops has reached his high mark here IMO. I think our "good" seasons the remainder of tenure will be similar to Brooks good seasons.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Wouldn’t chalk at South Carolina as an auto loss But @ miss state is. We get blown out there every year we aren’t beating Georgia and Alabama. Tennessee without hooker won’t Be as good but that offense is an awful match up for us. 8-4 to 7-5. Unless we got a home run with the QB and OC

Reactions: K_TIME
Please keep us updated on UGA weekly, would not want to miss one.

But who would we get, just a reminder--there is none like him--Kentucky GOAT

But who would we get, just a reminder--there is none like him--Kentucky GOAT

Wonder if Wisconsin fans thought that when they let go their coach that was averaging 8-9 wins a season? I bet you they did. I bet they had fans saying to each other on their board, “who else we gonna get”?, in a snarky tone.

But then Wiscy went out and got Fickell, arguably one of the hottest names in coaching as he was just a year removed from making the playoff at lowly Cincy

Way too early. Roster could look completely different from what it is now.

Please keep us updated on UGA weekly, would not want to miss one.

Considering I seldom post anything regarding UGA, and this thread is all speculation you seem a little touchy. I don't break rules, don't speak about UK, it's coaches or players in a negative manner and enjoy reading and talking about football in general. If I offend you, there is an ignore button that only blocked that poster, you can see everyone else's. Try it.

Reactions: 17Cut-Nets
I see loses to Bama, UT, Ga., MSU and S.C. So 7-5 Is tops I feel.

Our defense has a chance to be really good again. The key will be how good a QB we have and how much the OL changes. Sounded like Brooks will be looking for one or two OL from the portal. Also need another top RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT