ADVERTISEMENT

2016 UK PG Target Has In-Home with Dook Today

Originally posted by GLR5555:
I think its almost a foregone conclusion he reclassifies and goes to Duke. No facts, just my opinion.
It does sound that way. Hopefully, he wants to stay in high school one more year!

How does a kid "re-classify"? From a classroom standpoint, how do they get credit for the schoolwork?

Originally posted by maysvilleky:
How does a kid "re-classify"? From a classroom standpoint, how do they get credit for the schoolwork?
They basically make up their SR required coursework in the summertime. Thats how I understand it to be.

I don't see how Thornton fits UK's 2016 plans anyway. I guess it's possible that both Ulis and Briscoe enter the draft next spring, but there seems to be just as much chance that one or both return for the 16-17 season. Thornton is 6'1", and a pure PG, making it a very tough fit. Much easier to recruit someone like Kobi Simmons or Jamal Murray (if he stays 2016), because it's much easier to play those guys with Ulis and/or Briscoe.

Originally posted by mj2k10:
I don't see how Thornton fits UK's 2016 plans anyway. I guess it's possible that both Ulis and Briscoe enter the draft next spring, but there seems to be just as much chance that one or both return for the 16-17 season. Thornton is 6'1", and a pure PG, making it a very tough fit. Much easier to recruit someone like Kobi Simmons or Jamal Murray (if he stays 2016), because it's much easier to play those guys with Ulis and/or Briscoe.
No concern. Many don't want to see him reclassify and attend Duke.

Originally posted by gracetoyou:
Hearing Ingram going to Duke hinges on whether Thornton reclassifies.
Let me clarify...if Thornton reclassifies then Duke has their PG & Brown will choose Duke.

If Thornton does not reclassify Duke will not gave a true PG & may lose Ingram

Went to the Duke rivals board and suprisingly there is basically no talk about this. Went most of the way down the first page and could only find one thread about him and it was about Univ. of California hiring someone close to him.

Hearing Ingram going to Duke hinges on whether Thornton reclassifies.
Let me clarify...if Thornton reclassifies then Duke has their PG & Brown will choose Duke.

If Thornton does not reclassify Duke will not gave a true PG & may lose Ingram
Brown or Ingram? Seems like people are starting to predict everybody remaining is gonna pick Duke.

Is reclassifying a new thing? Seems like nowadays you hear about it all the time. Also, he was supposed to visit Louisville between 19th and 21st, according to an article from the 9th.

This post was edited on 4/20 2:18 PM by SilentsAreGolden

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:
Went to the Duke rivals board and suprisingly there is basically no talk about this. Went most of the way down the first page and could only find one thread about him and it was about Univ. of California hiring someone close to him.
The scout forums are the main sites in terms of sheer traffic for both Duke(Thedevilsden) and UNC(Inside Carolina) plenty of recruiting talk there.

Originally posted by JasonSpear:
doesn't matter if he turns down reclassifying or not. He's going to Duke be it this year or next. Forget about him.
Maybe, duke is in pretty well with Smith Jr as well and I highly doubt they get both next year.

Originally posted by BlueBlood66:
Originally posted by JasonSpear:
doesn't matter if he turns down reclassifying or not. He's going to Duke be it this year or next. Forget about him.
Maybe, duke is in pretty well with Smith Jr as well and I highly doubt they get both next year.
Duke is in position to have a monster 2016 class. The 2016 class is loaded.

I thought coach K sold Luke Kennard on the idea that he would play pg next year. This how he lured Luke away from UK.

UK has offered Kobi Simmons at PG for 2016. Apparently Cal and Coack K are after different 5-Star PG's

Thorntton should really do it on his own terms..give the kid a chance to soak up all the MCD,Hoop Summits and what not. Nice move k.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT