ADVERTISEMENT

2 UL football players reportedly shot

I don't like the term "gun violence" either. Such a name places emphasis on the word "gun" and not the root cause of the problem, which does us all a disservice. There is no need to add a modifier to the beginning of the word. Violence alone is an adequate description and covers the full gamut of senseless acts committed by those who have zero respect for law and order or life and limb. That is the actual problem we're facing in this country today....a total disregard for human life and the rejection of an orderly society. As long as this mentality exists, senseless acts of violence will continue. The instrument used to commit these acts is of little importance in the overall picture. If someone kills you with a gun, a knife, a baseball bat, a truck, in the end, the result is the same. You're dead.

LOL so you think the police just wrote the report up as "violence"? The ER admitted and wrote their report up as "violence" victims? Lol

[Qthey were UOTE="BBBLazing, post: 5426016, member: 9492"]They were not shot by another player. You people kill me.
no they kill each other why were football players there at 2:00 A.M. No curfew..are you drinking the red Kool AID [eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll][/QUOTE]
I'm not sure these kids have a curfew on weekends they are not playing. Some go home, some go to parties. "they" kill each other? really?

If you don't have the nads to produce an opinion, just admit it. Just stop the deflection.

You are such a brilliant advocate. You desire to alienate and belittle people who support the 2nd Amendment, which you claim as your position. You do gun owners proud!

If you have not read Scalia's opinion, you probably don't know as much as you think about your own position.

Probably why you are hung up on gun violence.

You are such a brilliant advocate. You desire to alienate and belittle people who support the 2nd Amendment, which you claim as your position. You do gun owners proud!

If you have not read Scalia's opinion, you probably don't know as much as you think about your own position.

Probably why you are hung up on gun violence.
If you are a proponent of the 2nd amendment, then I applaud you. However your use of the phrase "gun violence" indicates that you are either lying or ignorant.

If you are a proponent of the 2nd amendment, then I applaud you. However your use of the phrase "gun violence" indicates that you are either lying or ignorant.

The fact that you don't understand the ridiculousness of that position indicates you really don't know your position, but have been fed talking points and told to make targets out of phrases rather than take aim at the real issues.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

We just witnessed Tyson Gay's daughter's death on the fringe of UK's campus near student apartments and not long back a Journalism students was tragically killed near UK campus. Gun violence is bad in Louisville and elsewhere.
Caveman glad to see a common sense response. Many on this board forget they live in glass houses. This is not a UL issue it is a society issue And bad things happens on or around all campuses. In this case there was a fight and somebody probably pulled out a gun. Bad news all around. Anybody who thinks football players and really all students don't party hard at every school has their head in the sand.

Reactions: Steelers2012
The fact that you don't understand the ridiculousness of that position indicates you really don't know your position, but have been fed talking points and told to make targets out of phrases rather than take aim at the real issues.
Congrats, you've now got ville77 and STEELERS in your corner. A clear indication that you're on the right track.

Last edited:
You have a point, but the wounds are none life threatening, I will bet that both will be on the field when we play them next year

And at a lot of the same kind of parties before then. Have to show the new recruits the night life available..
I'm sure you be just as laid back if a relative/friend was shot with non-life threatening injuries. I get it, NBD to you. Really sick.

Nobody is laughing about two people getting shot, at least not me, but it doesn't sound like either was seriously hurt, one didn't even go to the hospital until he walked in later. But I am a whole lot more concerned about one of our WRs that got hurt on the playing field and lost his career over it. And I have a LOT more concern about our soldiers that actually are getting killed defending our country, not out partying.

Millions of people are starving to death in many parts of the world, maybe you should be more concerned about them than a couple of football players when most of them will probably have a more serious injury playing a game for fun-----AND profit.

But if you are still awake at 3AM worrying about these two players that have probably been spoiled most of their life then go outside and take a walk to settle your nerves-------unless you live in that neighborhood.

Nobody is laughing about two people getting shot, at least not me, but it doesn't sound like either was seriously hurt, one didn't even go to the hospital until he walked in later. But I am a whole lot more concerned about one of our WRs that got hurt on the playing field and lost his career over it. And I have a LOT more concern about our soldiers that actually are getting killed defending our country, not out partying.

Millions of people are starving to death in many parts of the world, maybe you should be more concerned about them than a couple of football players when most of them will probably have a more serious injury playing a game for fun-----AND profit.

But if you are still awake at 3AM worrying about these two players that have probably been spoiled most of their life then go outside and take a walk to settle your nerves-------unless you live in that neighborhood.
3AM? Are you in England? Most college football players haven't been spoiled most of their life. A big percentage of them come from well below average means and use this as their only chance to get educated. Sure, the stars are using the system to get paid, but most of the scholarship athletes use it as a way to get educated and get a job. Plenty don't make it, but plenty do. There have been multiple shootings within blocks of plenty of campuses, including UK. I do not know the story of either of these kids, but find it very distasteful for a bunch of UK fans criticizing them for being shot. "neither was seriously hurt?" They got shot with a bullet. They are kids. Come on guys.

According to some ridiculous folk here gunsmoke is a misleading term used today by those folk with an agenda.

no they kill each other why were football players there at 2:00 A.M. No curfew..are you drinking the red Kool AID [eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]
I'm not sure these kids have a curfew on weekends they are not playing. Some go home, some go to parties. "they" kill each other? really?[/QUOTE]
They are going to some kind of bowl should have a curfew

The football players have the week off. No practice, it's finals week. They were all gathered together at someones apartment to watch the heisman ceremony. Of course a party ensued afterwards and other people started showing up. According to the accounts I've read, it was one of the late party crashers that did the shooting.

I'm not sure these kids have a curfew on weekends they are not playing. Some go home, some go to parties. "they" kill each other? really?
They are going to some kind of bowl should have a curfew[/QUOTE]
every night? Did you go to college? Do you ever stay up past midnight? They are kids. Drew Barker got his ass whipped at 3:00 am. 30 minutes from campus. Were you on here complaining about him being out too late?

The football players have the week off. No practice, it's finals week. They were all gathered together at someones apartment to watch the heisman ceremony. Of course a party ensued afterwards and other people started showing up. According to the accounts I've read, it was one of the late party crashers that did the shooting.
Agreed. But the intolerant on here will do every thing they can to criticize UL. I'm surprised of the racist posts quite honestly.

3AM? Are you in England? Most college football players haven't been spoiled most of their life. A big percentage of them come from well below average means and use this as their only chance to get educated. Sure, the stars are using the system to get paid, but most of the scholarship athletes use it as a way to get educated and get a job. Plenty don't make it, but plenty do. There have been multiple shootings within blocks of plenty of campuses, including UK. I do not know the story of either of these kids, but find it very distasteful for a bunch of UK fans criticizing them for being shot. "neither was seriously hurt?" They got shot with a bullet. They are kids. Come on guys.

What has where I live got to do with anything, 3 AM is 3 AM no matter where you live. Make sense?

I don't know much about the second player but I do know a little bit about Hearns AND the athletic program jurich runs. I am not talking about "a big percentage" of football players, I am talking about Hearns in particular, and he downplayed his wound and the other player didn't even go to the hospital until later, so I doubt if it was serious. Hearns was a highly recruited four star (would have been higher rated and more recruited except for grades) from Florida that didn't qualify to go to the school he committed to, UK, and barely qualified at the last minute at Transfer U with some question about how he did it. I am sure he EXPECTS to make quite a bit of money playing football (whether he does or not, probably will), what do you expect him to do, become a brain surgeon?

PLENTY of people get shot, and it usually is with a bullet, and I would guess most survive, I don't have any ill will toward either of them personally, but they weren't exactly helping a little old lady across the street when they just happened to get unlucky. I would rather save my sympathy for thousands of people more deserving of it.

I could have a lot of sympathy for Jackson and his fumble-------but I don't, sorry if that offends you. And I don't know about the "racist" posts, I don't think there is anything racist about mine.

They are going to some kind of bowl should have a curfew
every night? Did you go to college? Do you ever stay up past midnight? They are kids. Drew Barker got his ass whipped at 3:00 am. 30 minutes from campus. Were you on here complaining about him being out too late?[/QUOTE

I didn't read about Barker "getting his ass whipped", I did read about him being blindsided by someone that probably outweighed him by 70 or 80#.. And there was PLENTY of criticism of him on here for his misdeeds.

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
Just a little harmless thuggery. probably staged to help recruiting.

I'm not sure that will help Scooter, he does ride, in recruiting. Mommas, want their babies to be safe when they are at school especially.

So how does this lead people to criticize UL football? These boys were not in West Louisville. "Today's black youth don't care about life." Really? How can you cheer for JoJo then? Because he is a black youth on our team? Really? I said this thread was distasteful, but this post makes it worse.

You have stated in the past how you don't wear blue tinted glasses and don't give any current or former player favoritism. But these two guys, get an automatic pass and none of us no anything about the situation. But there history with ULs program of gun problems, drugs, violence, violence to each other and even a cheerleader has passed in a UL ATHLETE apartment.
And now, you suddenly are the PC police, hmmmm
Going on ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcatsworld
So you decided to make a poor political statement to add to the thread of poor posts, very ingenious of you. You can now be counted as one of those poor posts.
Poor because it does not align with your own views? So be it.

I have a lot of problems with the athletic culture at U of L, but am pretty certain that neither I nor any one else participating here knows enough about the circumstances of this event to make it the basis of a commentary on said culture.

I think we know plenty about the culture of Louisville athletics and the culture these players who couldn't get on at Miami and Auburn grew up in. People can bury their head in the sand to be PC all the want; the situation st UofL is what it is. Our guys like Hatcher get nooted for sitting on their ass and selling dope I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. Grade a dumbass.
Hatcher? A dummy? Yep. I'm on board with that. I'm on board with Lil' Brothel being the new tag for U of L as well. All I'm hearing is some college kids had a party, and someone who was (it is suggested) uninvited decided to loose a few rounds at some of them when turned away or asked to leave. Who's going to have door at a party, the chess club? This sounds like a Louisville issue, not necessarily a University of Louisville issue.

This is coming from a guy who thinks U of L should stand in the same relationship to UK as UAB does to Bama, right from the organizational table.

Hatcher? A dummy? Yep. I'm on board with that. I'm on board with Lil' Brothel being the new tag for U of L as well. All I'm hearing is some college kids had a party, and someone who was (it is suggested) uninvited decided to loose a few rounds at some of them when turned away or asked to leave. Who's going to have door at a party, the chess club? This sounds like a Louisville issue, not necessarily a University of Louisville issue.

This is coming from a guy who thinks U of L should stand in the same relationship to UK as UAB does to Bama, right from the organizational table.
I changed my post, but my point remains the same.
-Nothing good happens after midnight.
-I dont care what race you are, you do the things that have been going on at Louisville you're a dumbass.
-If you suit up for Kentucky and do them, you're a dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT