ADVERTISEMENT

2 Things on My Mind...

Actually multiple posters haven't dissed my thread, most have responded. It is remarkable how bad of a sleuth you are.

Again, you are still trolling this thread. If I were a troll why wouldn't I have continued the "trashing" you say I started?

You're either a Troll or a Pitino slurper, which makes you hot garbage either way.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Lol, because I ask a hypothetical question?

So I suppose you don't support the '96 team? We should just not count that title or the final fours during his run.

As a UK fan we should all love Pitino. He ran a clean program here and then buried UL in dispair with his behavior.

I hope they have Thanksgiving dinner at whatever circus you are working today!

I wish you a happy day in all seriousness. You need to chill my man.

Weren’t you just complaining yesterday about someone labeling you a troll when you first joined the board? Seemed to upset you.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

I didn't come in here talking about Pitino and WWW. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: Aike
Two things on my mind also:

wDANzYM.gif

big-tits-145

What was the original question? Oh hell who cares , you the man.

Reactions: kev69
Want everyone's opinion/thoughts. I am a new poster to board...sort of. Was around a long time ago for quite a while . (I.E.- Pre Darius Rice times and beyond).

1. How many titles do we have now if Pitino never left? Meaning he never sold his soul to the devil. He is still here today...that type of thing.

2. Where the hell is Worldwide Wes? Recruiting has obviously taken a hit- he was "ambassador to program".

Please note, I am a huge UK fan, not a troll. I am really curious on what people think about first question, love or hate Pitino, I am 38 so he was pretty much the first Cats coach of my life as a fan. I think we would have caught UCLA by now if he never left.

The WWW question is serious. Where the hell is he and what has happened to landing the Big Dogs lately?

If you were a true UK fan you wouldve known WWW never helped this program recruit and he sure as hell wasnt an ambassador. Only trolls from other schools assumed he is what makes or made high level recruits come here. Secondly, dont show up telling UK fans to mind their business on a forum. If you cant handle criticism then hand in your troll card now.

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Last edited:
I think the idea that WWW has had zero influence is naive. He hasn’t been the only influence, and he hasn’t helped only us, but the guy is a major player.

I remember being at Rupp for some event.........not sure if it was a charity game or what.........and WWW was there and he was on the court. And guys like Cousins and all of the players were joking around with him and such. All of the players gravitated around him.

I have no idea what effect he's had/has........but he's definitely had some effect.

I remember being at Rupp for some event.........not sure if it was a charity game or what.........and WWW was there and he was on the court. And guys like Cousins and all of the players were joking around with him and such. All of the players gravitated around him.

I have no idea what effect he's had/has........but he's definitely had some effect.

Guy has been a fixture in the game of basketball with nearly unlimited access for decades. Except for the 2013*** Final Four. Someone had him banned.

You come here with no posts and ask if we'd been better off with Pitino and mention WWW. Dude, you can't make your agenda any more obvious. It's pathetic.

He wasn’t slighting Cal. You misinterpreted the question. And your “I’m so right about it” attitude is indicative of an immature child. Like he said, if you don’t like it, don’t post. Mind your own business.

He wasn’t slighting Cal. You misinterpreted the question. And your “I’m so right about it” attitude is indicative of an immature child. Like he said, if you don’t like it, don’t post. Mind your own business.

Immature would be bragging about your bass boat and you being such a great person that you used your tax return to fly your parents out for a game. WGAF? Most all of us are charitable, have toys and help others, but most of us don't feel the need to brag to strangers about it.

Last edited:
Hilarious looking back on old posts. Realized yesterday was my 5 year anniversary on board again.

I came in hot in 2018 for post #1. Where is Cardsstink these days?

• Haha
Reactions: BrickandMortar
I could be mistaken, but I believe Worldwide Wes signed the necessary paperwork to become a professional player agent around 2011 or so. At that point, he no longer could "advise kids" on where to attend school. Hence he and Cal either quit working together or do it VERY quietly now.

WWW is/was directly affiliated with Leon Rose. Rose represented LeBron at one time and that's why he came to a UK game early in Cal's tenure. Both WWW and Leon Rose now hold positions with Knicks front office.

To be fair, I’m still pretty sure you’re a troll. And after reading through that thread, I have no idea how to spell Heygun Hall.

If Pitino had stayed, and had kept his nose clean and not become a narcissistic compulsive liar, we likely would have at least 10 titles by now.

Worldwide Wes probably helped with a couple guys, but his influence has always been exaggerated by people, especially our rivals. He's not been close to the same "friend of the program" for Calipari at UK as he was for Cal at Memphis.
At least 10 maybe more.

1. How many titles do we have now if Pitino never left? Meaning he never sold his soul to the devil. He is still here today...that type of thing.

I played this scenario out a few years ago. The way I went about it cleanly was by adding a couple high-profile recruits that we didn't get under Tubby. I used Tracy McGrady and Jay Williams. Given McGrady's first two NBA years, he probably would be here for a couple years - likely putting up Ron Mercer-like numbers those two years - 97/98 and 98/99. Jay Williams began at Duke in 99/00 and played 3 years.

Secondly, I had us keeping guys like Michael Bradley and Marvin Stone while phasing out some Tubby players like Hawkins, Fitch, Daniels, and Hayes. Then, I brought the Louisville players into the mix like Dean, Garcia, Jenkins, Palacious, Williams, Sosa, Padgett, Clark, & Caracter.

What would this look like? 97/98 probably stays as a NC. Tubby coached that team great, but Pitino with McGrady would've still had the talent. Then in 98/99, we would be led by McGrady at SG (a weak point that season), but I still don't think we could win a repeat championship. Either way, we would get one in one of those two years.

99/00 turns the team over to a freshman Jay Williams and a junior Bradley. Mix them in with Prince, Bogans, & Magloire and you have another crazy good team. But in 00/01, four of the five would return, and you definitely get another NC that year with one of the more impressive rosters of all-time.

I think his dominant era would fade after that. Maybe he keeps Parker out of trouble. Also, as the UL players "mixed in", for instance, a blend of the 04/05 teams with Rondo, Sparks, Dean, Garcia, and Palacious, might get another NC that year. Also, maybe the 12/13 NC that Louisville got would carry over to UK, but we would lose the one in 11/12. I think between 02 and 17, you probably get at least one.

That brings the total to 9, instead of 8, maybe 10 with some luck in either 00 or 05.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT