ADVERTISEMENT

2 Things on My Mind...

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
Want everyone's opinion/thoughts. I am a new poster to board...sort of. Was around a long time ago for quite a while . (I.E.- Pre Darius Rice times and beyond).

1. How many titles do we have now if Pitino never left? Meaning he never sold his soul to the devil. He is still here today...that type of thing.

2. Where the hell is Worldwide Wes? Recruiting has obviously taken a hit- he was "ambassador to program".

Please note, I am a huge UK fan, not a troll. I am really curious on what people think about first question, love or hate Pitino, I am 38 so he was pretty much the first Cats coach of my life as a fan. I think we would have caught UCLA by now if he never left.

The WWW question is serious. Where the hell is he and what has happened to landing the Big Dogs lately?

If Pitino had stayed, and had kept his nose clean and not become a narcissistic compulsive liar, we likely would have at least 10 titles by now.

Worldwide Wes probably helped with a couple guys, but his influence has always been exaggerated by people, especially our rivals. He's not been close to the same "friend of the program" for Calipari at UK as he was for Cal at Memphis.

If Pitino had stayed, and had kept his nose clean and not become a narcissistic compulsive liar, we likely would have at least 10 titles by now.

Worldwide Wes probably helped with a couple guys, but his influence has always been exaggerated by people, especially our rivals. He's not been close to the same "friend of the program" for Calipari at UK as he was for Cal at Memphis.

Yeah, agree on Pitino. He was cursed when he left us.

On WWW, it seemed as if he completely disappeared is all. I feel like we need to do something to make a big splash in recruiting. Consider bringing in a legit guy with a proven track record of success with high school kids and/or a semi young popular ex NBA guy.

Thoughts off top of head. What about Steve Smith at Oak Hill? He is a KY guy and has coached a TON of superstars over the years. No clue on the ex-NBA'er.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
What? You show up with no posts and slight Calipari with the Pitino garbage? Get lost.

Not to mention the slyly worded question about WWW, who has a bad reputation amongst other schools. Looks like an SEC team beating hapless U of L tonight set you off.

What? You show up with no posts and slight Calipari with the Pitino garbage? Get lost.

Slight Calipari? People like you need to get a life. It wasn't a slight. It came to my mind because of people complaining about Cal. Again, mind your own business. You don't know me. If you don't like the post, don't reply. I love Cal, I vocally support him when others don't. Have never said a bad word about him or our program. Clown.

Slight Calipari? People like you need to get a life. It wasn't a slight. It came to my mind because of people complaining about Cal. Again, mind your own business. You don't know me. If you don't like the post, don't reply. I love Cal, I vocally support him when others don't. Have never said a bad word about him or our program. Clown.

You come here with no posts and ask if we'd been better off with Pitino and mention WWW. Dude, you can't make your agenda any more obvious. It's pathetic.

Reactions: awf
With pitino 5-7 titles I believe. He knew he blew it and has engaged in every self destructive behavior he could engage in to punish himself for leaving.

WWW is still around. He’s always around. I think cal has put some distance bc of some negative attention that came with Wes. I also don’t think he’s as plugged in with our assistants the way he was with Antigua and Strickland.

You should love this post, it's a slight on Cal. I bet you stay up all night on this thread as complaining/grass is greener on the other side stuff is right up your alley.

There was nothing egregious about the post. Saw it more of a slight against tubby and bcg and then wondering why our recruiting top players slipped.

Maybe he’s a troll but this post doesn’t confirm it by any means

With pitino 5-7 titles I believe. He knew he blew it and has engaged in every self destructive behavior he could engage in to punish himself for leaving.

WWW is still around. He’s always around. I think cal has put some distance bc of some negative attention that came with Wes. I also don’t think he’s as plugged in with our assistants the way he was with Antigua and Strickland.

Surely you see what this guy is doing? Everyone knows WWW has a bad name and this guy is calling him "the ambassador to the program". Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

There was nothing egregious about the post. Saw it more of a slight against tubby and bcg and then wondering why our recruiting top players slipped.

Maybe he’s a troll but this post doesn’t confirm it by any means

Well if calling WWW "the ambassador to the program" from a new poster and Pitino love doesn't make it obvious, nothing does.

1)Pitino has the benefit of leaving on the very top. If you asked a Duke fan how many championships they would have if K was still coach after 1992 in the next 23 years most would have said more than 2. If you asked UNC fans how many championships Roy would have after 2009 in the next ten years most would say more than 1. The reality is unless you are some world class greatest coach of all time like Saban or Wooden then things ebb and flow and you go through high times and low times. To catch UCLA that means what? Pitino would’ve won 4 more titles for a total of 5? That would be more than Rupp and tied with Coach K who’s been at Duke for 40 plus years. I think that’s way too generous and who knows, he might not have even won it in 98.

2) it does seem like UK and Nike/WWW aren’t really connected anymore. Lebron was the freaking Y at a UK game at one point for God’s sake

3) I agree with cardsink and think not only are you an idiot but your face is stupid too

WWW wasn’t a bad name. He operated in the grey areas but within the rules. It’s butt hurt fans that tries making his name a bad one

Exactly! The OP hates UK and wants to drum up Pitino and WWW talk. Whatever. Just ridiculous stuff.

We’d be in double digits had he stayed for sure.

Thanks for the actual replies.

CardsGuy, sorry if I've offended you with a slightly too objective or difficult topic for you to discuss...

Lol, I said Pitino sold his soul to the devil, pretty sure that isn't a slight to Cal. My thought was sort of around Coach K. Pitino would be going on 30 years here and had a hell of a run going- that's it.

As for WWW, I just wanted insight. I don't think Cal or anyone around UK was worried about him- hell Cal talked about him on ESPN. I wasn't worried about him.

I have zero agenda. I just like having other convos outside of why Cal doesn't do this, or why Keldon wears different colored shoes.

Finally, look at my name...HagginHall'99 you think I made that up? I'm no UK hater so take a chill pill DUDE.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Well if calling WWW "the ambassador to the program" from a new poster and Pitino love doesn't make it obvious, nothing does.

I’ll always love Pitinos days here and so should everyone .... then he took down UL. He’s a hero now lol.

Let the guy make more posts... that will show if he’s a troll or means well

Thanks for the actual replies.

CardsGuy, sorry if I've offended you with a slightly too objective or difficult topic for you to discuss...

Lol, I said Pitino sold his soul to the devil, pretty sure that isn't a slight to Cal. My thought was sort of around Coach K. Pitino would be going on 30 years here and had a hell of a run going- that's it.

As for WWW, I just wanted insight. I don't think Cal or anyone around UK was worried about him- hell Cal talked about him on ESPN. I wasn't worried about him.

I have zero agenda. I just like having other convos outside of why Cal doesn't do this, or why Keldon wears different colored shoes.

Finally, look at my name...HagginHall'99 you think I made that up? I'm no UK hater so take a chill pill DUDE.

Wow! You're a legit UK fan because you dug up a picture of Hagen Hall on the internet. That settles it. Case closed.

1)Pitino has the benefit of leaving on the very top. If you asked a Duke fan how many championships they would have if K was still coach after 1992 in the next 23 years most would have said more than 2. If you asked UNC fans how many championships Roy would have after 2009 in the next ten years most would say more than 1. The reality is unless you are some world class greatest coach of all time like Saban or Wooden then things ebb and flow and you go through high times and low times. To catch UCLA that means what? Pitino would’ve won 4 more titles for a total of 5? That would be more than Rupp and tied with Coach K who’s been at Duke for 40 plus years. I think that’s way too generous and who knows, he might not have even won it in 98.

2) it does seem like UK and Nike/WWW aren’t really connected anymore. Lebron was the freaking Y at a UK game at one point for God’s sake

3) I agree with cardsink and think not only are you an idiot but your face is stupid too

Did I sit next to you at Duke game?

1 at UL = 3 at UK

Want everyone's opinion/thoughts. I am a new poster to board...sort of. Was around a long time ago for quite a while . (I.E.- Pre Darius Rice times and beyond).

1. How many titles do we have now if Pitino never left? Meaning he never sold his soul to the devil. He is still here today...that type of thing.

2. Where the hell is Worldwide Wes? Recruiting has obviously taken a hit- he was "ambassador to program".

Please note, I am a huge UK fan, not a troll. I am really curious on what people think about first question, love or hate Pitino, I am 38 so he was pretty much the first Cats coach of my life as a fan. I think we would have caught UCLA by now if he never left.

The WWW question is serious. Where the hell is he and what has happened to landing the Big Dogs lately?
I think you’re probably above board, but you’re a bit naive if you think the mention of Pitino is going to go over well now. He’s a sociopath.

My guess is he’s always been a sociopath, but he was huge here pre-social media. Probably the only reason he was able to disguise it.

We definitely have 9 if Pitino stayed. Pitino would of kept some power boosters with U.K. and I doubt we hire football first Barnhart with Pitino here ....

I’d be ok with hiring Pitino if cal were to ever leave but I know others wouldn’t want it and it would never happen

Pitino wins 1-2 more titles at UK. Winning titles is not easy.

It probably would have turned out the same for him. He would have cheated to try to stay on top and would have pulled us down with him.

So, it's probably a blessing that he left.

I don’t sit next to covert UL fans with a clear agenda.

He turned the Tennessee game off in disgust and headed over here. U of L fans ALWAYS bring up WWW. ALWAYS. I know several I worked with. Most butthurt little dweebs on the planet.

He turned the Tennessee game off in disgust and headed over here. U of L fans ALWAYS bring up WWW. ALWAYS. I know several I worked with. Most butthurt little dweebs on the planet.

Keep fighting the good fight Cardsstink, don’t know what we’d do without you!

I bet the OP likes Louisville so much he sprouts red hair.

I’ll always love Pitinos days here and so should everyone .... then he took down UL. He’s a hero now lol.

Let the guy make more posts... that will show if he’s a troll or means well

I act
BTW Cardsstink...Cal called WWW and ambassador to program...not me.

Sorry if I have your blood pressure up a couple points. This Ron Mehico guy...he isn't helping matters. He is the Dr of Insults.

Guess again. Your butthurt that made you start this thread is tasty.

Yes, as a former resident of Hagen Hall as you called it, I'm now butt hurt. Good Lord. I feel like I don't have a forehead.

I act

Yes, as a former resident of Hagen Hall as you called it, I'm now butt hurt. Good Lord. I feel like I don't have a forehead.

I know many a U of L fan that lived in Hagan Hall. I lived there amongst them. Sorry your sports programs are a dumpster fire. Saturday it hits rock bottom for you if ya Snell what I’m cookin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT