ADVERTISEMENT

2 teams we beat by a combined 48 points playing for the title

Yes, you are. I applaud your ability to self assess.
AdmiredJoyousAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

No how hard you try IDIOT, YOU CANNOT TAKE AWAY KEION'S GAME IN THE PHOG JUST LIKE YOU BEING BORN INCREASED IDIOTS POPULATION BY TEN GOLD. YOU CANT CHANGE STUPID CAN YOU?

KEION HAD THE BEST GAME BY A VISTING TEAM'S PLAYER THIS YEAR. AGAINST THESE 2 TEAMS KEION AVERAGED 19.5
EAT THAT!!! IDIOT
TEN GOLD? Wow, you mad bro? LOL
ScaryLiquidHornbill-size_restricted.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
He passes his performance anxiety on to them. I think recognizing his own mortality has caught up to Cal and overtaken him. IMO he will never be able to move past it. We have a shell of Cal going forward.
That’s what I see- on the biggest stage -Cal is scared. He hasn’t prepared nearly enough and it shows on our players faces. Other than O- everyone looked out of sorts. Cal needs to be an alpha and the players would feed off that. Unfortunately- he is not.

Yes they are. They just got hot. VaTech boat raced them just 6 games ago in the ACC tournament
Yea, and that VT team also won the ACC so you could say they got hot too.

UNC is not the same team. No Dawson Garcia drama, better understanding of Hubert’s offense, backcourt playing much better. Since February 1st the Heels are 14-3. That isn’t the same team.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
That’s what I see- on the biggest stage -Cal is scared. He hasn’t prepared nearly enough and it shows on our players faces. Other than O- everyone looked out of sorts. Cal needs to be an alpha and the players would feed off that. Unfortunately- he is not.
Cal is visibly shook in the big tournament games. Time to see a performance coach or psychologist.

What I don't understand about the change in Calipari/the program from when he got to Lexington and now is how he's lying to himself so often. He was as real as it got in assessing things. I know everyone loves to bash him for what he isn't great at and every coach has strengths/weaknesses but he had a grasp of what his teams/players were and weren't capable of doing.

So what happened? I mean nothing about the way this team was playing down the stretch said they were going to make a deep run. The moments in tough games you have to win if you are going to advance this team wilted. Think of last 2 mins in Fayetteville. Think of how they handled the atmosphere in Knoxville. The SEC Tournament. The win over LSU where they fell apart with a token man press. Didn't matter who they were playing, they just struggled closing teams out and found ways to keep an opponent in a game or piss a game away. So he goes into NCAA's and while they had some moments mid season where it appeared they'd figured it out....Washington's injury was turning point...and they stunk down stretch. So you enter Postseason with a PG who was shaky late in games. An injured combo guard who was not same after leg injuries. A warrior who brought it every night. Forwards who were not reliable and often combative to in game instruction. A soon to be 25 yr old who was afraid to shoot. A 6th year player who was never anything special and you talked up as a 6th man of year in Conference. Several reserves who were mentioned as "keys" and never played. Why would this work?

When you had dogs who were elite talents coming into the program and while yes they've not experienced NCAA's either-they are built for that environment. They are used to elite competition and being in the spotlight and craved it enough to want this stage. So this year's UK team had 1 in Oscar and say he lived up to that billing. TyTy was climbing the ladder and had moments prior to injury but flashed it against Vandy in SEC Tournament with big shots and even with a rotten game did hit a 3 to cut it to 1 pt game against St. Peters. But aside from them you had Brooks who isn't that level. Then several guys you didn't recruit out of HS and never did anything in college on teams who made any runs/or Tournament altogether. So why was he so confident? Or is he just lying to himself because he personally enjoyed guys practicing and being more professional then the '21 debacle of a team?

Either way that has to change for them to get where they want to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT