ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Kentucky vs. Florida

Deer in the headlights. To add insult to injury, UF now has its 11th batter at the plate in the first inning. I am out. It has been a good season, but right now you could find highschool players that could make better decisions.

Great season, but you cannot choke it away like this and expect anything but disappointment. No focus, no effort, seemingly no preparation. On this stage. No offense all week, escaped NC St, got owned by 2 in-conference opponents. they have 8 innings to prove they belong, even if it's a loss.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
still can't believe coach didn't pull him before that first run.....no desperation, just lame

Whelp. Been a nice season. But we quit Monday night.

August will be here soon.....hopefully.
On the positive side, still have over two months to watch the Reds disappoint me until football season starts. Good season, watched or listened to nearly all the games and it was a good ride. Absolutely have to find some pitching next year though to make a run.

• Haha
Reactions: Lempface
On the positive side, still have over two months to watch the Reds disappoint me until football season starts. Good season, watched or listened to nearly all the games and it was a good ride. Absolutely have to find some pitching next year though to make a run.
Got to go to my first Reds game and first MLB gamw last season against the Cardinals in the play off push, De La Cruz went 0fer and they lost by one.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Rules are pretty crazy, even if we made it through this we’d have to play again TODAY. Going 2-0 gives you way too much of an advantage. I mean, I guess you deserve it if you go 2-0 but damn…

Miracle season. Someone has to lose. The offense finally showed itself as smoke and mirrors, and the pitching was playing above its head for a while now. Hopefully a season like this attracts a bit more talent on both sides.

Yeah, don't get the massive disappointment when this team wasn't expected to do anything pre season. They made the world series and won a game.

The sec is brutal and we aren't better than UT or A and M. A and M has a great shot to beat UT and at this point that's all I want. UT to lose.

Reactions: vhcat70
Yeah, don't get the massive disappointment when this team wasn't expected to do anything pre season. They made the world series and won a game.

The sec is brutal and we aren't better than UT or A and M. A and M has a great shot to beat UT and at this point that's all I want. UT to lose.

Yeah you really can’t complain when you’re in the CWS. That being said, chemistry carried us further than our talent, so hopefully this is a stepping stone to getting a few elite talents.

Reactions: vhcat70
Bats went cold in the post season other than Nicholson and a couple other guys. Bad time to go from a high scoring small ball offense to trying to win games below 6 runs and using mainly power at the plate (which we don’t have a lot of)

Basically we made it this far in the post season with our 2 weaknesses being what carried us and our strength failing

Got to go to my first Reds game and first MLB gamw last season against the Cardinals in the play off push, De La Cruz went 0fer and they lost by one.
That’s awesome man, it’s been forever since I’ve been to a game. Last game I went to was the Cubs the day my son graduated boot camp up in Chicago in 2010. Dad took me to my first reds game back in ‘74 when I was ten, been a fan ever since.

Not true. Take a deep breath.

First time there. Won the first game.?won the SEC with a team that wasn’t picked to compete for a title. Baby steps. Every good program goes through it.

Hopefully the first step for this program to be a perennial contender.
Hard disagree. Losing the game is fine. Not a big deal. Getting scrubbed by Florida, a team from our own conference who barely even made the post season, all while the team plays as if they aren’t interested, sends a message that maybe we weren’t as good as we thought.

Losing a game in the first inning on national television is undeniably a bad look. We haven’t looked like we deserved to be there since we got to Omaha, if we are being honest.

Inhale, exhale my friend. I’ll continue to be honest but critical. I don’t think this game, the way the players are handling it at the moment, does anything good for the Kentucky brand or helps improve the program. No focus, no energy, and seemingly no plan.

Biggest off season need is building a deep bullpen. We need to find some lively arms that can hit 90s (mid 90s would be nice) consistently.

Rn we have a bunch off off speed dominant pitchers and teams eventually key up on them after the 2nd/3rd time through the lineup….problem compounds when the guy you bring in to replace him is essentially throwing the same pitches and there isn’t diversity in the pen

Texas AM is the perfect example of how to build a bullpen…they even brought a heavy pitching staff to Omaha and left some field position guys off the roster. Bc once you drop to the losers bracket you need all arms on deck

And won more in the post season than any other major sport in the last several years

Been a heck of a ride for the BatCats! The last two seasons have really grown us as an organization and as a brand. Great strides, considering UK baseball was a flaming log in the SEC for so many years. We now are being respected and Ming is building a heck of a program. The program is in an excellent place to keep building from!

This team has been an absolute pleasure to watch and support. They never made themselves, the university, nor the fans look bad during the run. They played a kid's game at an elite level, had a blast along the way, and still showed respect for the game. So glad we never acted like UF/CLEM did in the Clemson Super Regional.

Congratulations to the BatCats on a historic season. The 2024 BatCats were class acts, top to bottom!

Miracle season. Someone has to lose. The offense finally showed itself as smoke and mirrors, and the pitching was playing above its head for a while now. Hopefully a season like this attracts a bit more talent on both sides.

Kentucky is by far, the least talented team left. We do not have a Ryan Prauge, Jack Caglianone, etc. We have been on borrowed time, and I am thankful. But failing to make basic plays is disappointing. Florida is doing what they were expected to do; they were a preseason Top five team.

Bats went cold in the post season other than Nicholson and a couple other guys. Bad time to go from a high scoring small ball offense to trying to win games below 6 runs and using mainly power at the plate (which we don’t have a lot of)

Basically we made it this far in the post season with our 2 weaknesses being what carried us and our strength failing
The opposing pitching got better as we moved up & our hitting limits showed. Not to particularly hit on him, but when has Wally last had a hit. Regional?

Yes, we got the most out of our talent level.

What do you think defines elite? Making CWS & not drop first two straight is pretty elite for me. Do it again & we're there.
I think compared to like UT we're just not quite there yet. We have a solid core we just don't have that next level kick yet. We have some great players like Waldy that just didn't show up......and that's getting a bit frustrating for UK athletics across all sports.

Again, awesome season. Just sucks to go out this weak looking.

I think compared to like UT we're just not quite there yet. We have a solid core we just don't have that next level kick yet. We have some great players like Wadley that just didn't show up......and that's getting a bit frustrating for UK athletics across all sports.

OK, so elite means making CWS final two.

• Haha
Reactions: Lempface
I think compared to like UT we're just not quite there yet. We have a solid core we just don't have that next level kick yet. We have some great players like Wadley that just didn't show up......and that's getting a bit frustrating for UK athletics across all sports.

Anyone that has followed team though knows that we were always going to need 8 + runs this game to withstand a chance. It’s just how it’s been in the Sec. As of right now, a few swings and errors have been different.

We will prob end up losing 12-7 or so.

McCarthy 3 run bomb missing by 3 ft foul

Anyone that has followed team though knows that we were always going to need 8 + runs this game to withstand a chance. It’s just how it’s been in the Sec. As of right now, a few swings and errors have been different.

We will prob end up losing 12-7 or so.

McCarthy 3 run bomb missing by 3 ft foul
Just been our luck since Saturday......

I'm not dogging us at all. We just haven't looked sharp since the that bad inning Monday. Even Saturday we still showed that fight. Like Prager just broke us.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT