ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Kentucky vs. #3 Texas A&M

I just got back from the game. Unfortunately, the "bad" parts of our team really reared their ugly head tonight:

-Mason Moore free passes biting him - he didn't have a ton of them tonight, but the leadoff guy on in the 6th inning really started what turned out to be a disaster.
-Guys, half our lineup is just completely helpless at the plate tonight. I have no idea what Burkes, Mccoy, and Waldy are doing right now. I normally include Smith in that group, but he actually worked a good at-bat late in the game where he took it to a full count and fouled off a bunch of balls. But, even that at-bat ended in yet another out. It honestly feels like McCoy, Smith, and Burkes are hitting .100 right now.
-Brutal luck. Lopez had a two run double 2 inches wide. McCoy nearly gets us on the board first (though I absolutely hated all of the bunting that inning).
-Nolan Mccarthy hit a homer last game. We have a guy on third with 1 out. Let the man swing the bat.

Really disappointing game that seemed uncompetitive, though I suppose it wasn't. the line score says we had one bad inning, but it seemed worse than that.

A&M is really good and I usually feel that Schlossnagle outcoaches Ming. But, still disappointed in the outcome. Hopefully we can put Florida out tomorrow, I hate them.

The ones complaining on here about their great analysis/second guessing, should just quit watching,since you obviously haven’t watched very much baseball. How about making the CWS for the first time in 100 years!
Of course that's great. But if you're there, let's try and win it all. We had a bad performance tonight. No debating that.

On to the next.

Place was packed. Way fuller than the other games. I don’t v know if Omaha is Indy all the time, but it hasn’t stopped blowing for four days.

Crowd was fairly even in numbers but probably a few more aggies.f

Heading back to KY in morn as planned.

Reactions: bluecoon1
He just doesn’t need to be hitting third. He’s a great catcher. I think even he’d see why he should be dropped in the order at this point.
They’re just trying to hide him in the order, use him to sacrifice Waldo or Pitre if they get on base. Guess Ming’s thought is it’s better than batting Burkes, McCoy, and G. Smith 7-8-9 when they’re all under .250. It’s small ball, Ming’s style of play which I hate at times but can’t deny the wins the last two years. You’re not going to find many teams batting under .290 with 87 homers and without any true power hitters make the CWS so I gotta give Ming some credit here though he often drives me batshit crazy at times.

A&M strung together a really good inning, and we missed chances to chip away with good spots in the 6th,7th, and 8th.

Plus there starter was absolutely dealing.

Small ball can get it done, but you have to get the runners in when you get the chance and you can't let the other team drop big innings.

Also, all our hard hit balls went straight at their players. Some nights it just happens that way. Two inches to the left and the ball down the RF line scores 2 and changes a lot. The double play down the 3B line was hit pretty well too. Lots of what ifs in this one.

I just got back from the game. Unfortunately, the "bad" parts of our team really reared their ugly head tonight:

-Mason Moore free passes biting him - he didn't have a ton of them tonight, but the leadoff guy on in the 6th inning really started what turned out to be a disaster.
-Guys, half our lineup is just completely helpless at the plate tonight. I have no idea what Burkes, Mccoy, and Waldy are doing right now. I normally include Smith in that group, but he actually worked a good at-bat late in the game where he took it to a full count and fouled off a bunch of balls. But, even that at-bat ended in yet another out. It honestly feels like McCoy, Smith, and Burkes are hitting .100 right now.
-Brutal luck. Lopez had a two run double 2 inches wide. McCoy nearly gets us on the board first (though I absolutely hated all of the bunting that inning).
-Nolan Mccarthy hit a homer last game. We have a guy on third with 1 out. Let the man swing the bat.

Really disappointing game that seemed uncompetitive, though I suppose it wasn't. the line score says we had one bad inning, but it seemed worse than that.

A&M is really good and I usually feel that Schlossnagle outcoaches Ming. But, still disappointed in the outcome. Hopefully we can put Florida out tomorrow, I hate them.
Yea, it seems like Nicholson is the only hitter on our team with any confidence at the plate. No idea what has happened to Waldy since the Regionals, but he may be costing himself some money in the draft with how bad he’s been at the plate.

Super write up .. I see what others are saying when they saying Ming drive them bat shit crazy . His gambles and calls don’t always pay off. No way that guy should have bunting with 1-3rd and only 1 out
But their starter dominated us .. we had no answer at all

Super write up .. I see what others are saying when they saying Ming drive them bat shit crazy . His gambles and calls don’t always pay off. No way that guy should have bunting with 1-3rd and only 1 out
But their starter dominated us .. we had no answer at all
Yea, I think the counterargument that Ming would have given is that those plays USUALLY work for us, and he felt that a 2-0 lead would have been huge in this type of game. But, it's EXTREMELY frustrating when it doesn't work.

Hoping for a win over the turds tonight.

Reactions: ManitouDan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT