ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Kentucky vs. #3 Texas A&M

As questionable as some of Mingione's decisions. He's taken us as far as we've ever been, so hard to be too upset at it. A ball stays fair and a throw is 0.05 seconds later and we probably get 2 runs at least that inning.
I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if it was 50/50 decisions that he botches. But, man, he’s killing us on the most basic, fundamental, strategical moves possible. Shit that little league coaches can handle.

Serial bunting throughout the lineup & playing for 1 run in the freaking 1st inning?! Bunting with 2 outs?! Not walking hitters to set up double plays in situations that demand you walk the guy. No feel for when to pull a pitcher. Burkes STILL in the 3 hole?! ETC.

I do appreciate what he’s accomplished this season, regardless of my bitching. But, he’s just on another level when it comes to poor, BASIC decision making & it really sucks to lose like THIS. The players have really covered his ass the last 2 years.

Hope they choke on it.

Win or go home- and they better come out pissed off tomorrow night.

We looked so defeated after the 6h.

I'm gonna act like that never happened

Time to get ready for Florida

will smith mib GIF

I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if it was 50/50 decisions that he botches. But, man, he’s killing us on the most basic, fundamental, strategical moves possible. Shit that little league coaches can handle.

Serial bunting throughout the lineup & playing for 1 run in the freaking 1st inning?! Bunting with 2 outs?! Not walking hitters to set up double plays in situations that demand you walk the guy. No feel for when to pull a pitcher. Burkes STILL in the 3 hole?! ETC.

I do appreciate what he’s accomplished this season, regardless of my bitching. But, he’s just on another level when it comes to poor, BASIC decision making & it really sucks to lose like THIS. The players have really covered his ass the last 2 years.
You mean the stuff he’s done all season that has us in Omaha when we weren’t ranked pre-season?

Would be better off with anyone else in the 3 slot TBH. He's great at the plate though, so not sure you can swap him entirely.
He just doesn’t need to be hitting third. He’s a great catcher. I think even he’d see why he should be dropped in the order at this point.

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT