ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Kentucky vs. #3 Texas A&M

Alright. Enough bunting around. Lets get some runs.
We need to take advantage of gifts. An Error and a HBP to start the inning not to return a single run is sad. McCarthy going down in the count 0-2 with failed bunts doomed that AB and then to bunt with 2 outs it’s so ridiculously sad. I’d rather just hope for a wild pitch and take 4 pitches.

Reactions: backinky2018
Someone please educate me on the format. So everyone has to lose twice to be eliminated? If we win and go to the Semis, the winner from the loser’s bracket would have to beat us twice to eliminate us?

Someone please educate me on the format. So everyone has to lose twice to be eliminated? If we win and go to the Semis, the winner from the loser’s bracket would have to beat us twice to eliminate us?
We are in a bracket with 4 teams. Nc State, a&m, Florida, us. Double elimination. And whoever comes out of that plays winner from other side in a 2 out of 3 series.

Just got settled to see that great play by Moore on the pop up bunt. Got a little worried there for a sec that they were going to collide.

UK playing great D.

Not a horrible strategy getting aggressive on a great pitcher.... however it isn't working. Their Ace is going to go deep into this game.

Need to hope UK pitching is up to the task... will need to get to the bull pen to win this one.

And, even that is an understatement. Mingione has done a great job this season. But, I can’t pretend that he doesn’t make some of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen. It’s mostly worked for him the last 2 seasons, though.
I like him too. Just like I like Stoops and did like Cal. They've all had some headscratchers.

The way the hitting looks 2nite does not bode well for a comeback. Their pitcher is a stud for a reason.

Yeah. That inning when we wasted 3 outs trying to bunt has officially come back to but us in the ass.

It’s baseball 101 to walk the cleanup hitter there with runners on 2nd & 3rd with no outs. Especially, with it being a lefty vs righty matchup. Malpractice on that decision to pitch to him.
Yep, every major league coach on earth would walk that guy to load the bases and get the double play scenario set up, hoping to get out of it with only a 1 run deficit. As you said, Baseball 101.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT