ADVERTISEMENT

1989 Kentucky Finest Cards

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
I just bought the entire set of 300 for about $65 a bit more for shipping.

Anyways what is the history on these cards... I see other colleges also were in on it.

I'm not sure if I have complete set but I have quite a few of this series. Bought them when they first came out.

I have the 1988 and 1989 complete sets. Broke them open and have sent them out to some players to get autographed like Kenny Walker, The Goose, Jim Masters, Dwane Casey, Rick Robey and Coach Hall among many more signed in my collection. They include some football players as well like Frank LeMaster that I had signed before he passed away. Louisville and North Carolina are two other schools that have these sets. Panini produced a Kentucky set in 2016 with more recent names that I would recommend any card collectors getting if they don't already have it.

I have the 1988 and 1989 complete sets. Broke them open and have sent them out to some players to get autographed like Kenny Walker, The Goose, Jim Masters, Dwane Casey, Rick Robey and Coach Hall among many more signed in my collection. They include some football players as well like Frank LeMaster that I had signed before he passed away. Louisville and North Carolina are two other schools that have these sets. Panini produced a Kentucky set in 2016 with more recent names that I would recommend any card collectors getting if they don't already have it.

Found it on Ebay was the entire set 80 cards or did you have to open multiple to get the full set?

Kenny is the best. Signs everything I’ve ever sent him and even wrote a few letters back to me. He goes so far as to use the sharpies I want and signs them exactly where I ask him to. Rarity especially in today’s world. The only player today I know of that does anything close to similar (when he was playing) is Dirk Nowitzki.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT