ADVERTISEMENT

#12 UK vs #1 LSU game 1

maysvilleky

All-American
Aug 13, 2003
Just starting the thread.

UK goes down meekly in top of 1st.

Hise starting for first time. Hmmm. Plunks first LSU batter.

Well not looking good. HBP, groundout, intentional walk, double, and another HBP, error by RF (called a hit)!

2-0 LSU bases loaded 1 out.

Time to go mow the grass!

Ballgame for sure. This is what you get when you start a pitcher that has t started all year long 🤦‍♂️

@Comebakatz3 Any idea why they started Hise against the best team you play all year in one of the toughest environments? Anyways this went to crap quick

So, I think the idea is they want to keep Martin/Williams and Bosma on the same day. Not change their rest and routine. On top of that we're facing maybe the best pitcher in the nation, so they may consider this almost a throw away game. Lose this but try to get better matchups in games 2 and 3 and win those. So, now that we're down 6 they'll have Hise go as long as possible and save the pen for the next two games. That's my guess anyway.

So, I think the idea is they want to keep Martin/Williams and Bosma on the same day. Not change their rest and routine. On top of that we're facing maybe the best pitcher in the nation, so they may consider this almost a throw away game. Lose this but try to get better matchups in games 2 and 3 and win those. So, now that we're down 6 they'll have Hise go as long as possible and save the pen for the next two games. That's my guess anyway.

This is such a losers mentality though. If you want to save Williams/Martin fine. But if you’re going to do that, throw your midweek guy.

Makes sense this game was always a long shot. Hopefully he can get thru 4 innings or so now that it's 6-0

This is just bad managing. You told your team and fans that we don’t have a chance before the game even started, so we’re just going to throw a nobody out there vs the #1 team. And what gets me is now that you let them get off to torrid start here, it will snowball tomorrow and Saturday. I just don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

This is just bad managing. You told your team and fans that we don’t have a chance before the game even started, so we’re just going to throw a nobody out there vs the #1 team. And what gets me is now that you let them get off to torrid start here, it will snowball tomorrow and Saturday. I just don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

Hise has SEC starting experience, but you think you'd throw someone like Cotto or Hagenow who have that experience for UK.

Horrendous start doomed them but they haven’t quit against Skenes. Try to get 7 runs and 9 innings and get ready for a better matchup tomorrow.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Back to back weekends with opposing pitchers trash talking our hitters from the mound. You would hope there would be some pride. Guess not.

Burning up some pitchers.

Yea, but the positive is that none are the guys we regularly rely on. All of them have under 15 innings pitched. So, Moore, Strickland, Hagenow, and Williams are all the guys we normally rely on out of the pen for long innings and we saved them. We basically entirely conceded this game knowing we weren't likely to beat their ace. We saved it all for game 2 and 3. We will see if that pays off.

I knew going into this series that it was a long shot to win more than one game. I’m at the point now that we might not win one. LSU has outstanding talent up and down the lineup. You can see the difference between the two teams. We still have a long way to go to compete against the top teams in the league.

Rewatched the game while “working” this afternoon. I know Skenes obviously is fantastic, but the matchup with Ewell vs Skenes maybe the biggest mismatch I have ever seen at any level. It was hard to watch.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT