ADVERTISEMENT

11 FBS Schools searching for new HC's (3 SEC)

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2016
Which one is the best available and who do you think fills each job? I'm interested to see who the 3 SEC schools choose. There was a rumor that surfaced today that Mizzou is going after Jim McElwain.

Which one is the best available and who do you think fills each job? I'm interested to see who the 3 SEC schools choose. There was a rumor that surfaced today that Mizzou is going after Jim McElwain.

Arkansas supposedly has met with or will meet with Leach. Can't imagine him leaving the PAC-Ever How Many to take a job as the SECW whipping boy. They may have been in contact with the Tulane coach, Willie Fritz. Fritz has been mentioned at Missouri along with McElwain.

Football Scoop claims FSU has a handshake agreement with Memphis coach Mike Norvell. Ole Miss wants Norvell but looks like FSU beat them to him. And word is Willie Taggert is begging, literally begging, for his old job at USF even to the extent he'll sign a contract that states he won't pursue other jobs.

Probably after this weekend's conference championship games we'll start to see movement.

I have no idea who goes where. But if "best available" means "quick success" (for the right guy) it would have to be FSU. Enormous in-state talent. Per this list, #8 overall athletic budget.

Peace

The rumor for the past week for Arkansas has been Kiffin. But we won't know for sure until after the conference championship game Saturday. Everything will probably clear up a lot once FSU hires someone.

The rumor for the past week for Arkansas has been Kiffin. But we won't know for sure until after the conference championship game Saturday. Everything will probably clear up a lot once FSU hires someone.
Yeah, I forgot to mention Kiffin in my break down above. If it pisses off TN people I'm all for it.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Lane Kiffin - Arkansas
Jim McElwain or Willie Fritz - Missouri
And blast from the past, Houston Nutt going back to Ole Miss; I don't think they'll hire him and his name is being linked to the UTSA job but that would be cool if they brought him back.

It makes me happy that not a single school on that list scares me concerning our coach.

This is not my father's UKFB program. GBB.

It makes me happy that not a single school on that list scares me concerning our coach.

This is not my father's UKFB program. GBB.
I was just thinking about that. Mark Stoops will go down as the guy who brought life to UK Football. And after hes gone, the next coach is going to be far better off than when Stoops found this program.

Arkansas supposedly has met with or will meet with Leach. Can't imagine him leaving the PAC-Ever How Many to take a job as the SECW whipping boy. They may have been in contact with the Tulane coach, Willie Fritz. Fritz has been mentioned at Missouri along with McElwain.

Football Scoop claims FSU has a handshake agreement with Memphis coach Mike Norvell. Ole Miss wants Norvell but looks like FSU beat them to him. And word is Willie Taggert is begging, literally begging, for his old job at USF even to the extent he'll sign a contract that states he won't pursue other jobs.

Probably after this weekend's conference championship games we'll start to see movement.

Leach had actually agreed to take the UT job a couple of years ago. I could see him leaving for UA. Hope he doesn't to be honest.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Larry Fedora is tied to the Ole Miss job and IMO, they should've just kept Matt Luke. Fedora struggled in the ACC his last two years and as we know, thanks to our little brother, the All Clemson Conference is terrible.

Mike Bobo will be a highly sought after coordinator as staffs are being put together, especially in this conference. He coached some pretty prolific offenses and developed a couple of elite SEC QBs while at UGA.

It will be interesting to see where Taggart, Strong, Odom end up. Will they maybe take a low tier mid-major HC, or hop on a P5 staff and rehabilitate their careers?

Watch Saban snag all 4 of the above-mentioned coaches...

Missouri, Arkansas, and FSU should all be looking into Huepple, Joe Brady, Luke Fickell

Rumors will run wild, but some out there that Kiffin is also an Arkansas target. Lane has his drawbacks but he is a good offensive mind and has been a head coach at 4 places including the NFL.

Reactions: UKat1
Would be shocked if Hugh Freeze doesn't get scooped up by Ark or Missouri.

Norvell will likely go to Florida St.

I also think there is a good chance that Leach ends up at either Ole Miss, Ark or Missouri.

Rumors will run wild, but some out there that Kiffin is also an Arkansas target. Lane has his drawbacks but he is a good offensive mind and has been a head coach at 4 places including the NFL.

Kiffin is one of the great offensive minds, recruiters, developers of talent, play-callers, of his generation. He's also like the tortured artist/actor of his generation.

His recruiting, prolific offenses, and stable of Heisman candidates at USC speaks for themselves. He did very well as OC at Bama as well.

His experiments with the Raiders and UT, not so well. But I don't put those situations entirely on him, those organizations are what they are and had problems way before and after Kiffin.

As an older more mature, experienced man and coach, he's on the verge of pulling a Robert Downey Jr. comeback at FAU. He's the leading man with a franchise that could really pop off. I think he should ride the FAU wave for a while longer until better more stable opportunities open up in CFB or NFL. He's on the verge of getting to where he'll win 10-11 games a season there and turn them into one of the top tier G5 programs like Boise St, UCF, Houston, App St, Cinci have been or currently are.

SEC west is a tough place to go and try to renovate a program right now with Bama, LSU, and Auburn doing what they're doing. Missouri's ceiling is only so high in the east. Maybe he looks out west at Washington, which is a quicker turnaround and better situation overall.

Kiffin is one of the great offensive minds, recruiters, developers of talent, play-callers, of his generation. He's also like the tortured artist/actor of his generation.

His recruiting, prolific offenses, and stable of Heisman candidates at USC speaks for themselves. He did very well as OC at Bama as well.

His experiments with the Raiders and UT, not so well. But I don't put those situations entirely on him, those organizations are what they are and had problems way before and after Kiffin.

As an older more mature, experienced man and coach, he's on the verge of pulling a Robert Downey Jr. comeback at FAU. He's the leading man with a franchise that could really pop off. I think he should ride the FAU wave for a while longer until better more stable opportunities open up in CFB or NFL. He's on the verge of getting to where he'll win 10-11 games a season there and turn them into one of the top tier G5 programs like Boise St, UCF, Houston, App St, Cinci have been or currently are.

SEC west is a tough place to go and try to renovate a program right now with Bama, LSU, and Auburn doing what they're doing. Missouri's ceiling is only so high in the east. Maybe he looks out west at Washington, which is a quicker turnaround and better situation overall.
Washington has a coach.

We don't play arkansas for another 6 years, so I don't really care who they hire. But, man, what a mess. Can't imagine trying to rebuild that program when you have to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M every year. Plus, they just fired a coach after less than 2 years, so who would want to take that job?

Reactions: NoDef
Arkansas St HC Blake Anderson is a strong candidate for Mizzou job

Arkansas St HC Blake Anderson is a strong candidate for Mizzou job

Those teams really don't like to try and hit it out of the park do they? I don't know much about Anderson but looking at his teams results he is winning 7-8 games playing a 120 range SOS. They have to be people out there that would love the opportunity to make P5 money. One contract and you never have to work again.

I would either go with a name coordinator or someone winning really big at the FCS level.

I personally would be happy with Kiffin or Norvell, with Leach a distant third. Kiffin is a great offensive mind, tenacious recruiter, and has a thorn in his side for Alabama (Saban) and probably most of the SEC West. His father (Monte) coached and Arkansas when Lane was a kid.

He can shake it up and be a loose cannon at times, but if he succeeds he will set his career up quite nicely.

We don't play arkansas for another 6 years, so I don't really care who they hire. But, man, what a mess. Can't imagine trying to rebuild that program when you have to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M every year. Plus, they just fired a coach after less than 2 years, so who would want to take that job?

Someone who wants to make $10 million for failing in less than 2 years? Lol I think the next coach will get a much longer leash barring anything unprecedented like an 0-12 season. SEC money, top 25ish recruiting and great facilities could be attractive to someone despite the brutal division.

Lane Kiffin - Arkansas
Jim McElwain or Willie Fritz - Missouri
And blast from the past, Houston Nutt going back to Ole Miss; I don't think they'll hire him and his name is being linked to the UTSA job but that would be cool if they brought him back.

Wasn't their some bridges burned between Nutt and Ole Miss?

I gotta say none of these names for for the sec jobs scares me much. I know Kiffin is talented but at some point he’s gonna go all Lane Kiifin on em and I’m gonna laugh when he does.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Someone who wants to make $10 million for failing in less than 2 years? Lol I think the next coach will get a much longer leash barring anything unprecedented like an 0-12 season. SEC money, top 25ish recruiting and great facilities could be attractive to someone despite the brutal division.

That's the mindset of a coach who is at the mid level and hasn't made big money yet. That is not the mindset of an established head coach that Arkansas would try and "poach" from a rival or from another big time football school.

If Arkansas wants to hire a MAC coach or a sunbelt coach or a CUSA coach, then I would agree with you that what they've done in the past to the last coach does not matter when deciding whether or not to take that job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT