ADVERTISEMENT

“Train them, and trust them.” Larranaga

It's actually quite the OPPOSITE!!!!

I know SEVERAL FORMER boosters that NO LONGER give to UK Basketball and the MAIN reason is CAL!!

Same here. One in particular is administrator for a large trust fund by a family member set up specifically for athletics funding. And he's a huge UK fan. Not happy.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Add that to the Danny Hurley interview at the Half where he stated "I looked at myself during our lull in Conference and I was wasting too much time focusing on the officials and not focused on my team". Amazing......if you focus on the team, prepare them and then empower them on the court, good things come in return. If you scream/yell and dominate the focus of both the officials and players, you will not get those results.
I did like those comments. Refs aren't going to lean in your direction at any time, so why bother?

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Not when you consider other factors like how much other revenue he is responsible for bringing to the university which is what you don't quite understand...
What revenue does Cow bring to the university that any other coach in the country couldn’t bring?
it’s the program that’s still bringing in money, not the coach.

The complete opposite of the micromanaging, screaming idiot on the sidelines in Lexington.
Do you realize that train them then trust is Cal's philosophy. His whole thing is that by the end of the season they should be able to coach themselves. Do you just read the nonsense on this board and not follow the team? Do you ever listen to him speak or just listen to what everyone on here says about his press conferences and coaches show?

By the way, that is a point to be made. There is so much misreporting of what Cal actually says in press conferences and his coaching show. It feeds the narrative that everyone wants to hear when someone tells everyone else what he said. If you didn't hear it, quit assuming what you heard was correct. Too many people get news from FaceBook, Twitter and this site instead of actually listening to what was actually said. You have to be better than that.

Here's one thing I'd add to this--the class that is traditional 4 yr seniors was considered one of the worst overall in recent recruiting. So it's not a shock that this year was odd and mediocre. When you lack high end talent and then lose that to Draft....the guys left over aren't going to be much. Last year was strong for power teams and look how close Duke almost rode a FR team to the Championship? UNC prevented Coach K's 6th title. But that was a FR dominated team.

Also of UK interest--Kentucky recruited Nasine "Wooga" Poplar and Norchad Omier who are on Miami's roster. They ignored going after guys like Nigel Pack who many fans implored them to and you see why now.
I heard a U booster signed Pack for 450k. Heard we backed off on the price.

I guess all of the other hall of fame coaches who ever lost in the NCAA tourny don't know how to coach. I didn't know that was a requirement to get in the hall of fame.
Can you name another HOF coach who had a season close to 9-16?

Back to sniffing expired glue, you go!🫵🏼

Larrañaga is a good coach. He took George Mason to the FF. That’s almost like taking UMass there.

He’s not as good as Cal. But he has better players than Cal does right now.

Cal’s mantra has always been “trust your training”.

Hate on Cal all you want. But it’s about the players.
No disrespect but that is false. This team has at least three pros on it and probably more and regardless, Miami is not more talented from top to bottom. Now, there are times our players didn't perform sure, but I would argue it is largely due to our rotations and style of offense. Our offense is archaic and it doesn't fit our personnel. It takes people like Frederick ( who is a half court spot up shooter) and makes them useless, that isn't lack of talent, that is poor roster construction and utilization. That is coaching

More like pay them and trust them. Miami paid like a million and a half dollars for their backcourt. I believe the announcer said Wang or whatever was 800,000 dollars

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT