ADVERTISEMENT

“Midtucky” per Ant Wright

CarolinaCatsFan

Sophomore
Sep 14, 2015

Guess Pope will have to prove a lot of the national doubters wrong.

I’ll be honest — I have NO idea how UK will be next year — but it was 100% time for a change
… and something like what Pope is building is where we had to go.

No excuses — because it’s KENTUCKY — but, to build this staff and roster in 2.5 weeks (with hopefully still a surprise commit to come) is still pretty damn impressive.

Last edited:
I told Kerr about this tweet. His response was...
8ooomb.jpg

We are at 9 players right now and I am sure Pope would want to get to 11 or 12 players for next season. We know he wants Jaxson Robinson and probably another strong point guard. We have some good shooters with Brea shooting almost 50% from 3, Kriisa shot 42% from 3 last season at WVU, Oweh shot 38% from 3 at OU last season, Andrew Carr shot 38% from 3 last season at Wake Forest and 2 years ago shot 40% from 3, and Chandler and Perry both are outstanding shooters. If we can get Robinson and another point guard and be at 11 or 12 players this team will surprise alot of fans next season!

I’ll be honest — I have NO idea how UK will be next year — but it was 100% time for a change

No excuses — because it’s KENTUCKY — but, to build this staff and roster in 2.5 weeks (with hopefully still a surprise commit to come) is still pretty damn impressive.
He also last year he though Kentucky wasn’t going to be good and would be a 8-10 seed in the tourney

We are at 9 players right now and I am sure Pope would want to get to 11 or 12 players for next season. We know he wants Jaxson Robinson and probably another strong point guard. We have some good shooters with Brea shooting almost 50% from 3, Kriisa shot 42% from 3 last season at WVU, Oweh shot 38% from 3 at OU last season, Andrew Carr shot 38% from 3 last season at Wake Forest and 2 years ago shot 40% from 3, and Chandler and Perry both are outstanding shooters. If we can get Robinson and another point guard and be at 11 or 12 players this team will surprise alot of fans next season!
Peterson and Robinson would solidify it for me. Doubt both happens but feel great about the odds on landing Robinson if he withdraws from the NBA Draft.

Should I know who that guy is?

That's what I was thinking with Cals 2013 roster construction, but I was wrong. It couldn't have been any worse when Nerlens went down. Teams win with development, chemistry and experience.

The poster doesn't know anything about them. They expect a bunch of self entitled 5 star freshman big names who don't care about winning anything besides their NBA contracts and now it's worse because we have to foot the bill for them to achieve their dreams while we get a pathetic, uninspired product on the floor. Won't be long with all this nil going out that I start to wonder where the promotions are to garner such deals so enjoy your high prospect millionaire dribblers, I guess.

The underlying cynicism of the entire original post annoys me.
Ok

Wasn’t being cynical. I sat there and said we HAD to go this direction (the last one wasn’t working!) AND it’s super impressive to have this roster construction after 2 weeks!

What’s cynical about merely questioning how good we’ll be?

Who is Ant Wright?

Reactions: rivercatinfl

Most of us have never heard of you.

And you now show up linking moronic tweets that you don't immediately disregard in your OP.

This is a silly thread, and yes, you look suspect posting it. Between the fact that you thought it a formidable tweet to link, and the fact that you never usually post here.

Those two factors shine a bright light on your intent, and now it's your responsibility to climb out of the hole you've put yourself in.

And you now show up linking moronic tweets that you don't immediately disregard in your OP.

This is a silly thread, and yes, you look suspect posting it. Between the fact that you thought it a formidable tweet to link, and the fact that you never usually post here.

Those two factors shine a bright light on your intent, and now it's your responsibility to climb out of the hole you've put yourself in.

OP needs to do better lol

Ok

Wasn’t being cynical. I sat there and said we HAD to go this direction (the last one wasn’t working!) AND it’s super impressive to have this roster construction after 2 weeks!

What’s cynical about merely questioning how good we’ll be?
Don't be coy. We've seen plenty of posters like you.

You linked a tweet that dismissed our roster as mediocre. Thereby, you gave it validity.

You won't be getting out of this one so easily. Like I said already, start climbing out of the hole you dug or lose all credibility.

They weren’t awful, they were poorly coached and couldn’t guard anybody
You're missing the point. The result was AWFUL. The players are the ones who made or didn't make shots, or didn't play good defense. This was not 100% on Cal. There were guys on the team who were about to become a cancer if they didn't start. Both bad coaching, poor teammates thinking about the draft instead of the tournament, and certain guys choking under the pressure.

You're missing the point. The result was AWFUL. The players are the ones who made or didn't make shots, or didn't play good defense. This was not 100% on Cal. There were guys on the team who were about to become a cancer if they didn't start. Both bad coaching, poor teammates thinking about the draft instead of the tournament, and certain guys choking under the pressure.
Yes but cal also didn’t watch film, didn’t have good game plans, and never adjusted

Yes, you’re right — I signed up 10 years ago & have posted 1,200 times for this moment … to just admit I have 0 idea how good we’ll be next season.

I didn’t realize cultish blind optimism of Final 4 expectations with this roster was required to post on this board.

Please, tell me what else is required to deem me “worthy”?

I think Kyle Tucker is pretty close in his assessment from today. On paper if we get Robinson or some other scorer and we're in the upper half of the SEC. 5-11 seed in the tournament, then who knows what happens.

Not bad for a complete roster build in 3 weeks.

Well Aunt Jemima, Ant Man and Aunt May disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT