ADVERTISEMENT

“Let’s talk about Antonio Reeves”

I know Antonio has spent more time in college... but his game right now is so reminiscent of sophomore Quickley (who obviously won SEC player of the year that season). Quickley was deadly from three and used the floater very similarly to Reeves. The only area Quick had the upper hand was at the free throw line. I think he made somewhere in the 90%+ range, and Antonio ain't too far off from that! That kind of consistent scoring will certainly help us win games in March. We're almost there. I can't wait.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Listen Episode 1 GIF by UFC

Last year I was one of those who considered Antonio a one dimensional player who disappeared in big games.
And we weren't really wrong last year. Reeves has improved more in one off-season than any upper classman I've ever seen in my 55 years of watching college basketball(meaning he must have worked his butt off). I'll be disappointed if he isn't a first team All-American and he has become one of my all-time favorites.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
The results of having a mature older player who has worked to improve year after year.
And we really did get to see for ourselves while he was in a UK uniform how that experience and work paid off. No player is going to be "on" all the time, but that experience and maturity really brings much more consistency to the production.

Yeah that's the same one. JMO, but I think Dilly goes higher. His combination of quickness, shooting and scoring ability, and passing ability is rare.

One more thing: I just noticed it's only for college players and the real draft top 10 won't resemble that list.
Yeah, there is always foreigners and the like that pops up every year.

Yeah, there is always foreigners and the like that pops up every year.
Including the overall projected #1. And then there are the G League players that weren't eligible for the last draft because of the minimum age; at least one of those was in the top 10 last year as were the Thompson twins who I don't think played in either league.

His defense isn't on the same level as Tony Delk, but offensively, he's not far behind TD.

Including the overall projected #1. And then there are the G League players that weren't eligible for the last draft because of the minimum age; at least one of those was in the top 10 last year as were the Thompson twins who I don't think played in either league.
It's funny how a lot of that is kept quite and then all the sudden on draft night, for a lot of players being drafted, it's not like what they was told.

My nerves immediately went away when he hit the step back 3 in front of the Bama bench early in the game. He's up there now with very few other players in UK history for me where I'm genuinely shocked when he misses.

Reactions: ukfan1622
My nerves immediately went away when he hit the step back 3 in front of the Bama bench early in the game. He's up there now with very few other players in UK history for me where I'm genuinely shocked when he misses.
Remember that. Looked like Oates was pointing at him to be picked up. Heck of a pass by Dillingham to turn that way and find him before the defense could react.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT