ADVERTISEMENT

“I would crawl to Ky”

I do not know how good your memory is, but Eddie Sutton almost ruined our basketball program too. There is no simple formula or cliche to fix what is not right. But I do not think Cal will ever win another SEC title at UK, or take UK to another final four. Would like to be wrong though.
He’s not a UK fan. Posted this to rile people up and it worked.

A coach once said about the UK job. I am not sure now. Cal has totally ruined the program with his antics. He went from telling us we would pass UCLA to “draft day 2011 was greatest day in UK basketball. One title with the best player in UK history. Cal has been a bust who’s record is equal to Tubby. He has been far too concerned with culture and political involvement. If he had won 2-3 titles he would be a hard act to follow but now any average Joe would be an upgrade. Oh sure he can recruit but only for another day in the Green room not for the success of UK…Sheldon Sharpe is proof of that. I am just really disappointed and disgusted. I am 68 and have gained so much joy since the early 60’s of following UK basketball and now I really have no interest in watching. I completely forgot about our last game. It is so hard to watch him on the sidelines. He looks lost and so do the players. It is all about me for Cal and the team and nothing for the state or millions of loyal UK fans. I hope there is a great coach out there who is wanting to come so badly and resurrect the program he would crawl. I bet he would scoot on his belly for 10 million a year.
off the top of my head i can name three high profile coaches that turned UK down long before Cal got here
Lute Olson, P.J Carlesimo, Donovan and there were probably many more that we never knew about
so i am really not sure of your point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT