ADVERTISEMENT

“I would crawl to Ky”

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
A coach once said about the UK job. I am not sure now. Cal has totally ruined the program with his antics. He went from telling us we would pass UCLA to “draft day 2011 was greatest day in UK basketball. One title with the best player in UK history. Cal has been a bust who’s record is equal to Tubby. He has been far too concerned with culture and political involvement. If he had won 2-3 titles he would be a hard act to follow but now any average Joe would be an upgrade. Oh sure he can recruit but only for another day in the Green room not for the success of UK…Sheldon Sharpe is proof of that. I am just really disappointed and disgusted. I am 68 and have gained so much joy since the early 60’s of following UK basketball and now I really have no interest in watching. I completely forgot about our last game. It is so hard to watch him on the sidelines. He looks lost and so do the players. It is all about me for Cal and the team and nothing for the state or millions of loyal UK fans. I hope there is a great coach out there who is wanting to come so badly and resurrect the program he would crawl. I bet he would scoot on his belly for 10 million a year.

I think you repeated nine of the top ten Cal rant topics. Congrats! You missed the rant where he called UK the “Gold Standard”. If you had included that one, the mods could have pinned your post to the top, and when someone else wanted to bitch about Cal they could save themselves from lots of typing by just saying “Pinned Topic”, and we’d all know what meant.

A coach once said about the UK job. I am not sure now. Cal has totally ruined the program with his antics. He went from telling us we would pass UCLA to “draft day 2011 was greatest day in UK basketball. One title with the best player in UK history. Cal has been a bust who’s record is equal to Tubby. He has been far too concerned with culture and political involvement. If he had won 2-3 titles he would be a hard act to follow but now any average Joe would be an upgrade. Oh sure he can recruit but only for another day in the Green room not for the success of UK…Sheldon Sharpe is proof of that. I am just really disappointed and disgusted. I am 68 and have gained so much joy since the early 60’s of following UK basketball and now I really have no interest in watching. I completely forgot about our last game. It is so hard to watch him on the sidelines. He looks lost and so do the players. It is all about me for Cal and the team and nothing for the state or millions of loyal UK fans. I hope there is a great coach out there who is wanting to come so badly and resurrect the program he would crawl. I bet he would scoot on his belly for 10 million a year.
Was Eddie Sutton

Yep....that about covers our current state of the program.

GBB!

Numbers don't lie... (Calipari record updated as of 11/26/2022 = 119-50 .704 winning percentage)

UK-coaches-5-Y.png

Last edited:
Preseason #4, player of the year returns, next year #1 class, charity work for tornado and flood. All on one side of the equation. But there's St Peters, the awful covid year, no joy in NCAA in a few years on the other. We don't seem prepared for big games. But I strongly believe posters here don't realize how you can go from Indiana national power to Indiana lost in the wilderness with multiple coach failures very easy. Objectively by every measure we are still a top national program. But If there's little success in this season and next season I will switch over to the loonies' belief that something new is necessary. if no joy in 2 more seasons, it's time for something new.

Yeah, the good old days of playing lead in on Super Bowl Sunday, holiday tournaments, playing big games at 3 or 5 o'clock on on a Saturday instead or all these 9 pm games. Don't remember all the bitching like we have now either. Players playing for the name on the front of the jersey, Senior Night and listening to My Old Kentucky Home and seeing players actually show real emotions knowing a great time in their life is about to end; the good old days.
But this old fart says the same about the great USA too.
It was Eddie Sutton who said he would crawl to Kentucky for the chance to coach at UK. He ran away just as fast too.

Preseason #4, player of the year returns, next year #1 class, charity work for tornado and flood. All on one side of the equation. But there's St Peters, the awful covid year, no joy in NCAA in a few years on the other. We don't seem prepared for big games. But I strongly believe posters here don't realize how you can go from Indiana national power to Indiana lost in the wilderness with multiple coach failures very easy. Objectively by every measure we are still a top national program. But If there's little success in this season and next season I will switch over to the loonies' belief that something new is necessary. if no joy in 2 more seasons, it's time for something new.
IU screwed the pooch when they let sampson go, for what was basically working to hard. If they'd kept him they would be a perennial top 5 program. We just need to recognize the next good coach when he gets here. And not take to long in deciding if he's not the one we're looking for, ala Billy Clyde. Avoiding constricting contracts would go a long way in ensuring we don't have a good hire turn into a bum in front of our eyes.

That would be Eddie Sutton.

Reactions: jameslee32
I didn't even watch our game against North Florida even though I predicted correctly we would win by 40. Cal has just sucked the life out of me regarding UK basketball. When he's gone and Eric Musselman is up there on the podium or literally anyone with promise, I can see it coming back in spades.

Only thing I disagree with is your second sentence. Coaches will still covet the job . The version of Calipari we have now will be MUCH easier for a new coach to follow. Will he be allowed to become our Jim Boeheim? That’s the question.

I think you repeated nine of the top ten Cal rant topics. Congrats! You missed the rant where he called UK the “Gold Standard”. If you had included that one, the mods could have pinned your post to the top, and when someone else wanted to bitch about Cal they could save themselves from lots of typing by just saying “Pinned Topic”, and we’d all know what meant.
Maybe that stuff keeps getting repeated for a reason? These frequent hiccups from Cal sure open the door for that kind of talk, doesn't it?

It’s sad watching a team like Gonzaga totally get waxed in 2 games this year and then totally turnaround and they waxed us! Then you got UT that beat Kansas and probably more than likely will be 3 more loses for us this year between both of the teams! It’s really sad what Cal has done to the program I hope all the people in the know wake up and hope that all our fans eventually wake up. Cal is sinking the program and he needs to be gone!

I covered up my first (UK was pecker tongue I had to get changed) of 100+ tattoos I have a few years ago that I got in 1997.. Was a sacred tat at one time.. Turned into one that was in the way for a better one..

IU screwed the pooch when they let sampson go, for what was basically working to hard. If they'd kept him they would be a perennial top 5 program. We just need to recognize the next good coach when he gets here. And not take to long in deciding if he's not the one we're looking for, ala Billy Clyde. Avoiding constricting contracts would go a long way in ensuring we don't have a good hire turn into a bum in front of our eyes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT