ADVERTISEMENT

“I got to hire my son”

You know Pope talks a lot as well. Hopefully he can back up what he says. If not, in a short time span I suspect that I will see similar words from you about him. It is just the way it goes. Say what you will, but win.

I’ve liked what popes said so far just in regards to actually answering the question. Cal is sales sales sales all the time which I find particularly annoying.

Unlike cal, pope will take responsibility when things don’t go as they should, just like any real good coach would. Pope will also make whatever adjustments are necessary and not worry about player X’s fragile ego. I suspect barring anything unforseen Pope will get a leash longer than one of Cal’s coveted 5 stars to work with. If he’s failing he will admit he’s not ready for the job. Honestly just do not see that being the case however. Think pope will have tremendous success here, what that looks like remains to be seen. Looking forward to it though!!!!
Everyone loves the new guy but if he loses there will be no leash. Were a machine where the only acceptable output is winning

Reactions: Killswitch24
I mean in that interview he claimed that he didn’t realize players could transfer until talking to Sampson a month ago specifically so that he can seem like a saint that’s all about the kids.

Right. Sort of like how poor Calipari was duped by Sharpes people. Had no idea he wouldn’t play. Had every thought he’d be suited up in no time.

Or like how maybe, to Rick Barnes surprise, Cal was his best friend around the time he came into the SEC. Even recruited for him out of nowhere! Had nothing to do with the fact that he felt a lot of losses coming.

Calipari is one of those psychopaths that’s main goal in life is making sure you know he doesn’t care about anything. You care he doesn’t.

Everyone loves the new guy but if he loses there will be no leash. Were a machine where the only acceptable output is winning
He will get a honeymoon year. Now, if it really goes bad, that honeymoon year will end at the very last game and the pressure will amp up exponentially.

Reactions: chroix
They made Cal take T? LMAO
Well I tried Google to verify this but can't find anything on it. I know I read it somewhere but it may have been one of our fans being funny? When I read it though, I was like that makes a lot of sense because he's seemed very tired and lazy for years. If anyone can find this, I would greatly appreciate it because I know I read it somewhere.

I hope he has a great year and career. Coaching at UK is just a different animal . Folks at BYU are ecstatic about their new coach. Best recruiting year, by far, ever at BYU.

As a basketball fan, signing Brad Calipari is a horrible move. As a father, I completely understand. You want the best for your kids and are willing to do anything to help. I wouldn't personally hire them as a big time assistant, but bottom of the totem pole and let them work up and learn.

This is modern American thinking but the truth is you’re not helping your kids at all by doing everything for them, giving them untapped financial potential before puberty, and never holding them accountable to decide their own lives. Wealth and nepotism has destroyed more young people than anything this country has ever come up with. Just look at Brad, the dude dresses like night at the Roxbury at nearly 30 and scribbles earned not given all over his chest because he has no idea who or what he is and has a sad inferiority complex at a super young age.

Chances are he’ll never fully be a well rounded guy that knows which way is up. We can pretend this is the way of loving parents all we want but the truth is it’s nothing more than a lack of accountability and the easy way out. It’s not what’s best for anyone it’s just the easiest way to feel good. That’s my opinion from seeing this sort of thing up close and personal.

Last edited:
Leaving Kentucky because you had to hire earned not given.

I’ve always said I would be pissed if I were the son of a mega millionaire named John Vincent Calipari and he named me Brad. Coulda been Little John Calipari, Tony, hell even Anthony emphasis on the T, but he got stuck with an American name from the Home Alone and Family Matters era. I’d change it to my dads middle name and call myself Vinny at least.

I’ve always said I would be pissed if I were the son of a mega millionaire named John Vincent Calipari and he named me Brad. Coulda been Little John Calipari, Tony, hell even Anthony emphasis on the T, but he got stuck with an American name from the Home Alone and Family Matters era. I’d change it to my dads middle name and call myself Vinny at least.
If youve seen brad he probably wouldve preferred something a little more urban

Reactions: Killswitch24
This is modern American thinking but the truth is you’re not helping your kids at all by doing everything for them, giving them untapped financial potential before puberty, and never holding them accountable to decide their own lives. Wealth and nepotism has destroyed more young people than anything this country has ever come up with. Just look at Brad, the dude dresses like night at the Roxbury at nearly 30 and scribbles earned not given all over his chest because he has no idea who or what he is and has a sad inferiority complex at a super young age.

Chances are he’ll never fully be a well rounded guy that knows which way is up. We can pretend this is the way of loving parents all we want but the truth is it’s nothing more than a lack of accountability and the easy way out. It’s not what’s best for anyone it’s just the easiest way to feel good. That’s my opinion from seeing this sort of thing up close and personal.
Cal’s coaching tree is like a country rd telephone pole. Only his ego would make him think he is doing his son a favor. Off hand I can’t think of any highly successful coach who coached under his father.

Watch us pine for Brad in 6-10 years when it’s time for another coach. Brad will have some team like UGA and make a run. “He’s the next nate oats”. People will say.
You talking about us pining for this dude????

Yeah. Right.

Because BYU has a ton of money now with NIL. You act like it’s because Pope left. Stupid.
I am not acting in any way. Things change. We are happy with Pope at this time and BYU is very happy with their coach. I have never watched BYU play a game so I do not have any real interest in that school. I simply read the information about BYU and shared.
Popes leaving didnt cause players to go there . That's just your feelings or, your fears. The incoming coach at BYU is the reason for the recruiting up tick.

Cal with Dan patrick,

He knew that wouldnt fly here. Hes trying to mend ties with uk you can tell. I wont miss his buzz words or “generational wealth” speeches.
When Cal opens his mouth he lies. When is our fans ever going to get it? I’m glad the a$$hole is gone. I’ll never forgive the guy for tanking his last 5 years. There was never any excuse for it he had the resources and was making 9 million a year! The dude will make an excellent politician when he retires from what he calls coaching!

The sad part is the parents think they’re doing what’s best for their kids a lot of the time but end up creating adult infants.

No I agree 100%. That's why I said if you would make a nepotism hire, it should be at the bottom of the totem pole and make them work for promotions just like anyone else. Also hold them to the same standards as anyone else, if they're not performing then let them go. Also, if you're someone that is Brad's age and don't have accountability at this point then there's really no hope.

No I agree 100%. That's why I said if you would make a nepotism hire, it should be at the bottom of the totem pole and make them work for promotions just like anyone else. Also hold them to the same standards as anyone else, if they're not performing then let them go. Also, if you're someone that is Brad's age and don't have accountability at this point then there's really no hope.
The sad thing is it doesn’t matter, he’s set for life and he knows it. The only way he won’t is if he made his father so mad he cut his trust fund off.

I'm in the small minority here, but I like Cal. I'm so happy there was an amicable divorce. He had a lot of warts in the X's and O's department, and he never "understood the assignment," but when a tragedy hit Kentucky he was front and center trying to help those affected. When he won the title, he didn't write a book about humility and buy a sports car. He took the trophy around the state and shared it with the fans.

Give it a couple years (especially if we beat Arkansas), and he'll follow the path of Tubby and Pitino back in our good graces.

Cal looks old and tired. I don’t think he has it in him to compete at the highest level any more.
You think 65 is old, tired and worn out? Coach K says hold my beer. That's a young whippersnapper in Congress, they almost have as much pressure

Unlike cal, pope will take responsibility when things don’t go as they should, just like any real good coach would. Pope will also make whatever adjustments are necessary and not worry about player X’s fragile ego. I suspect barring anything unforseen Pope will get a leash longer than one of Cal’s coveted 5 stars to work with. If he’s failing he will admit he’s not ready for the job. Honestly just do not see that being the case however. Think pope will have tremendous success here, what that looks like remains to be seen. Looking forward to it though!!!!
That's not a criticism I have of Cal, later on he threw a kid under the bus here and there but got the most part he said" Don't blame these kids, blame me" How much more responsibile can you get

That's not a criticism I have of Cal, later on he threw a kid under the bus here and there but got the most part he said" Don't blame these kids, blame me" How much more responsibile can you get

Yea, because college basketball coaches always tell the truth. Calipari is a liar of the highest magnitude. When he said that it was to keep selling to recruits he cares so much about them. The second the fans snd brass said, okay I’ll blame you, the guy went full retard. Calipari has never, at any point, taken responsibility for anything.

Yea, because college basketball coaches always tell the truth. Calipari is a liar of the highest magnitude. When he said that it was to keep selling to recruits he cares so much about them. The second the fans snd brass said, okay I’ll blame you, the guy went full retard. Calipari has never, at any point, taken responsibility for anything.
So Pope is a coach so he's lying. By those standards you can win any debate. He said ..well he's lying Does Coach Pope lie. Is every word out of a coach's mouth a lie? I'm just saying, of I don't want to take responsibility, I'm not saying BLAME ME Jesus H Christ, I don't get your logic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT